December 22, 2014 | 1540 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by chan024

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this as a highligher. Bronzers should not have any shimmer in it--that defeats the purpse. But this product is great for adding a slight sheen of shimmer to your cheeks. The packaging is pretty cute as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by macgirl1141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

for a $9 "bronzer" its really a win or lose buy.
though it dosent have much pigmentation to it, it still gives you a nice shimmer to your skin but not as much as a good bronzer would. if you really want a darker tone with your bronzer, i reccomend getting a shade darker than your natural color or just simply purchasing another product. i have mine in my skin tone and i would say i have pretty fair skin. i (personally) like what the bronzer does but it dosent really do what a bronzer should.( its sort of similar to macs mineralized skin finish, if any of you have tried that.) it gives you a shimmer but dosent really make you look like you have a sun kissed glow because it dosent really add color. One other thing ive had problems with is that its really packed down and hard to get up with a regular bronzing or powder brush. i reccomend using a kabuki and just buffing it onto your skin in circular motions and thats probably the most pigment you'll get out of it. overall, i would rate this product a 4 out of 5 and i dont regret buying it and would possibly buy it again, though i will try other bronzers too! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as a straight up bronzer and was REALLY disappointed. Mostly because, despite it's name, it isn't a bronzer. It's a highlighter. Once I finally realized that I fell in love. It reminds me a lot of MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes, but I haven't used those in so long I can't give it a legitimate comparison. The color is so natural on my skin, I love it. I pair it with a matte blush and it gives me the perfect healthy glow.

I gave the packaging a low rating because the top broke off. Otherwise, it's fine, that just was annoying.

I'm really confused as to why they marketed it as a bronzer, though? It is such a pale highlighter, I can't imagine anyone actually wearing it as such. It wouldn't even work as a contour. And as an all over type-deal it would look like you took a shimmer bath, which looks good on approximately nobody.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not really a bronzer-gal, and already knew from MUA reviews that this wasn't a bronzer so much as a highlighter/illuminator. Well, an illuminator was exactly what I wanted, so I picked this up on a recent excursion to the local W-Mart.
Leaves a beautiful highlight on the skin, without being cakey, powdery-looking, or OTT on the glitter. I'm really liking this product a lot and will re-purchase in the unlikely event I ever finish this container!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely not a bronzer; not sure why HC thinks it's even close to one but regardless- once you get past that it's a beautiful light beigey-gold highlighter which does seem to be a good dupe for MAC By Candlelight MSF. Since that was what I was after and not a bronzer, it's a winner for me. It's also very similar to Prestige's mineral blush/highlighter in the large square compact (the lightest shade; I forget the name). I prefer the HC version though; its not as frosty as the Prestige and a lot cheaper than MAC. Basically, if you want a great MSF dupe, pay no attention to the part that says "bronzer", and pick this up next time you're at Wallyworld. Do yourself another favor while you're in the mu aisle and grab a couple of the HC blush crush baked blushes too while you're at it. They are just as good, albeit a little smaller in size, but excellent MSF dupes as well (think Petticoat, Porcelain Pink, Light Flush, etc).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lovebug32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

definitely NOT a bronzer, but makes a great highlighter for my fair skin gives me an all over glow without looking too shiny

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Mindy919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well this is a shimmer powder and highlighter NOT A BRONZER. My skin is pretty fair and this just didn't do what it advertised at all. It looked darker in the pan so I feel a bit ripped off. I liked the cute container, and I finally found a use for it, I dab my pinkie in it and sweep it right under my brow as a highlighter. I suppose it will last me forever this way so I should end up getting my money's worth. I've been looking for a cheaper dupe for my Merle Norman bronzer and have been chasing my tail on this one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This became my go-to bronzer over the summer because it adds a little color to my NW15 (pale, neutral-to-cool) skin without looking orange or dirty. It has a tiny bit of gold in it too- just enough to add some radiance to my skin, but not enough to give a disco ball effect.

Note that this is the palest bronzer offered by Hard Candy and it is VERY PALE. Even with fair skin, I can use a pretty heavy hand with this and it won't go overboard. But it probably wouldn't show up if you didn't have fair skin.

My only beef with this (and the reason I docked a lippie) is because the texture could be smoother. Sometimes it goes on a bit flaky and requires blending to look natural. But overall this is a really good bronzer for pale chicks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by LoveLies21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I bought this product because I wanted to add some glow to my face but it turned out crappy. I even tried it wet and made no difference I was pretty dissapointed because not only did I waste money but now I don't know what to do with it, I can't just throw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by yangtanw

This is the dupe I got for MAC's By Candlelight MSF. I've tested both and it's pretty much the same on my NC25/30ish skintone. I'm glad I didn't shell out for the MSF and got this instead. It's so much cheaper! I use this mainly to highlight the cheekbone, browbone, and nose area. It gives the nicest sheen and glow without being too shimmery. If there's anything negative, I will say it's the pigmentation. I need to apply quite a few layers to get the sheen I want. But it's not entirely a "con" since you can say it's very buildable and less prone to mistake. Overall, it's a "love" for me. :)

And yes, "bronzer" is misleading for this shade.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No