April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Mindy919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well this is a shimmer powder and highlighter NOT A BRONZER. My skin is pretty fair and this just didn't do what it advertised at all. It looked darker in the pan so I feel a bit ripped off. I liked the cute container, and I finally found a use for it, I dab my pinkie in it and sweep it right under my brow as a highlighter. I suppose it will last me forever this way so I should end up getting my money's worth. I've been looking for a cheaper dupe for my Merle Norman bronzer and have been chasing my tail on this one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This became my go-to bronzer over the summer because it adds a little color to my NW15 (pale, neutral-to-cool) skin without looking orange or dirty. It has a tiny bit of gold in it too- just enough to add some radiance to my skin, but not enough to give a disco ball effect.

Note that this is the palest bronzer offered by Hard Candy and it is VERY PALE. Even with fair skin, I can use a pretty heavy hand with this and it won't go overboard. But it probably wouldn't show up if you didn't have fair skin.

My only beef with this (and the reason I docked a lippie) is because the texture could be smoother. Sometimes it goes on a bit flaky and requires blending to look natural. But overall this is a really good bronzer for pale chicks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by LoveLies21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I bought this product because I wanted to add some glow to my face but it turned out crappy. I even tried it wet and made no difference I was pretty dissapointed because not only did I waste money but now I don't know what to do with it, I can't just throw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by yangtanw

This is the dupe I got for MAC's By Candlelight MSF. I've tested both and it's pretty much the same on my NC25/30ish skintone. I'm glad I didn't shell out for the MSF and got this instead. It's so much cheaper! I use this mainly to highlight the cheekbone, browbone, and nose area. It gives the nicest sheen and glow without being too shimmery. If there's anything negative, I will say it's the pigmentation. I need to apply quite a few layers to get the sheen I want. But it's not entirely a "con" since you can say it's very buildable and less prone to mistake. Overall, it's a "love" for me. :)

And yes, "bronzer" is misleading for this shade.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

calling this a bronzer is a bit of a misnomer, as i consider it more of a highlighter/shimmer type powder. that being said, i love it. i'm super pale and want to have a bit of a glow, but i don't actually want to bronzey, because i like being pale and it looks good on me. i apply this lightly over blush on my cheeks and on my chest when i go out at night and it really gives me the glow that i'm looking for. its a bit too shimmery for day wear i think though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki is a very light baked golden tan bronzer with gold veining. It's shimmery, but not with obvious sparkle flecks. It would be suitable for pale NC10-15 or so or on darker skin tones as a highlighter. It's a little jaundiced on my NW10-15ish skin. Not my favorite, but you may like it better if you are warmer than me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by jaimeleigh2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a good bronzer for my fair skin and had read some recomendations about this one. It doesn't really work for me. In some areas I get the summer glow look, but in other, it just makes my face look extremely shiny. I'll probably continue to use it, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by pinkiceg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wanted to love this but i hate it,it has no color to it what so ever and its very shimmery.are all these bronzers shimmery?i was thinking of trying out the darkest one hard candy has because i really like hard candy but if they all shimmer i will pass.can someone please mail me if you know more about the bronzers thanks so much?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by sparrowoftheroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm PPP with cool undertones, and I have had a really hard time finding a bronzer that works for me. Most of the time, they look super obvious because my skin is so light and cool. Tiki is great because it warms up my complexion and adds color without making it extremely obvious where the bronzer was applied. The color is more golden than brown or orange, so it looks incredibly natural.

It does have a lot of mica in it, so if you are sensitive to mica this is not for you. The mica also makes it very shimmery. I'm kind of on the fence about that... maybe half the mica would have been perfect. There is no glitter in this though, which is definitely a plus.

To sum it up, this is a great natural-looking, shimmery bronzer for PPP skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I needed a very natural all-over bronzer this was perfect for me NC25-30
I get just the right amount of glow, without looking to reddish or shiney.
Great product for the price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No