April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by bunnymum

Contains bismuth!

I SOOOOOO wanted to be able to use this because it made my skin glow. Unfortunately it also made it itch and burn and break out. I read others talk about bismuth being an irritant and that seems to be true for me. Sooooo sad.

If you do not have a reaction to bismuth then you should try this because it does make skin look gorgeous. But if you have sensitive skin then this may not be for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by davydin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After trying numerous drug store foundations, I bite the bullet and decided to try mineral foundation. After reading great reviews about, Pur Mineral 4-in-1 foundation, I decided to get the starter kit. I must admit that the first time I wore it; I got so many random compliments, that I fell in love with it immediately (and even order two more full size compacts shortly after). It made my face flawless (even though I was suffering from several breakouts at the time). However, now that I have been wearing it for more than 5 months, I am starting to noticed the flaw of this product.
1 – it makes your face “shiny”, which is odd, since I have very dry skin
2- it rubs off very easily....there’s makeup stain on everything
3- it’s expensive when considering the amount of product you get
Overall, I like this product; it’s quick, easy to use, cover well and good for your skin. However, due to problems listed above, I think there might be a better mineral foundation out there…

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Ginadili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AFTER TRYING PHYSICIANS FORMULA BB POWDER, I WOULD NOT GO BACK TO THIS POWDER, EVENTUALLY IT DRIED MY FACE OUT AND IT LOOKED TERRIBLE.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mujunkie1629

I love love love this product!!! I am a norm/combo skin type with freckles and prone to breakout in tzone. I have always sworn by only a liquid to really even my skintone out and take away redness and blend the freckles until i tried this product!I I used to use the old formulation and was a little hesitant about the retinol and peptides being in the new formulation but I LOVE it even more. I have not only noticed a smoother texture to my skin, but my freckles and hyperpigmentation are really evening out. I have also noticed that it wears much longer and I do not get as oily as I used to by the end of the day. Overall, my favorite thing about it is the new LIGHT TAN color theyve added. The new packaging is cuter too! :) A fan overall. If you have any skin conditions and/or sens skin then you really should give it a try, you wont be let down!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

I really like the original formulation.

Does anyone have reviews on the new formulation one with the skincare actives added? The new ingredient deck looks good with added retinol, peptides and other skincare ingredients.

There's a couple new shades too.

I am a little hesitant to buy the new one without seeing some reviews on coverage, etc..

Will probably need a new category for the new formulation if MUA wants to create one with the new skincare actives.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by EtherealGrace

Though expensive (around 25.00) this is absolutely the best makeup I have ever used! I applied with a big round makeup brush and found that it covered my skin evenly without looking cakey. It looked so natural, in fact, many people would approach me in public and tell me how flawless my skin looked and ask how I did it! It also kept my forehead shine free and is one of the few products that hasn't caused a pimple breakout on the oilier parts of my face. The range of colors is quite limited and it is pricey but overall I highly recomend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to say this is the best mineral foundation I've tried. The coverage is good and can be built up on my blemishes without looking cakey. It goes on like butter and feels great all day long, like you aren't wearing anything. I love how it doesn't give that annoying sheen most minerals do and has the most natural finish of any foundation, liquid or powder. The compact is not messy like loose powders, you can travel with it and not worry that it will end up all over your bag. These seem to last me longer than the loose powders since i'm not wasting product. They have recently added a few new colors to the line. Even with the color additions their selection is sparse and I have to blend golden medium and porcelain to get my match. (light looks too pink on me) My only complaint is that my oil breaks through rather quickly and I have to be careful while blotting because it will move or get lifted away. I use my ecotools bronzer brush to apply and it looks flawless every time. This is a def repurchase for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by bapsy

When I first tried this product I was happily surprised with how well it matches my skin tone, I've tried so many other foundations and this is by far the only true match =) I used this product for 6 weeks and I was loving it, great coverage, not too heavy, soft and a true match. But I've been suffering from adult acne and I started getting very frequent, severe break outs; I couldn't tell what was causing the break outs since I was also using a new cream. I stopped using both and changed my acne treatment, now that my acne is a little better I started using this foundation again, so far it's been ok, I truly wish this is not what makes me break out because I like it so much. I'll update in a couple of weeks with my conclusion, and if everything goes well I'll give this foundation another lippie, to complete 5, because I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by guatemama07

I love this makeup. I have blotchy skin with old redness from acne and this makeup covers it nicely without looking heavy. It's a nice natural look. I use Light and that works well on my fair skin. This make up feels good on. I started in mineral makeup with Bare Minerals and while I liked that pretty well, to me the PUR is even easier and looks great. I keep trial size in my purse for touch-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by tonkatoy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I love this product so much that I went to Ulta and had them try to mix two different colors on me SO THAT I COULD WEAR THE STUFF. That is how much I love this stuff. The PUR minerals freelancer mixed the new tan with light and it made me glow. No doubt. I love the way it makes my skin look. I use an old Prescriptives buff brush I bough fifteen years ago, and it looks beautiful. At work, I use the TooFaced kabuki brush and it looks even better. I represent several lines at my department store and kept coming back to this one. Ulta had more updated product than I did and I had to try this out. I feel so beautiful now. My imperfections are smoothed over and I look well... magical if that even makes sense.I am 47 so I needed something to give my look a kick in the pants yet look natural.