St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

on 1/26/2011 11:42:00 AM

Although it felt smooth while using it and the smell was nice I would not buy this product again. Although I do have oily/combo skin anyway, my face almost seemed more oily than before I washed it, and I started to get more breakouts. Maybe due to Glycerin being the 3rd ingredient on the list. In order to use it up I wash my makeup off with it and then wash again with another cleanser.

on 1/19/2011 3:29:00 AM

This product leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed without over drying. The scent is extremely soothing. A little goes a long way. I've always trusted St. Ives and the only reason why I keep going back to their products is because they DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS!!! Which is a major plus for me. So all you gals out there that are looking for something natural that actually works and is extremely low priced (for the quality) and that is humane, St. Ives is the way to go!! :)

on 1/16/2011 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm really satisfied with this cleanser. I can confidently say that it helped out my acne. I have less breakouts now, and the redness in my face has significantly decreased. It does make my skin feel a little dry, but I already have dry skin in the first place, and besides, it's nothing that a good moisturizer can't solve. I would recommend trying this cleanser out, since for the price, there's really no reason not to try it out at least.

on 1/15/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Worst cleanser ever!!! I only like the smell and the packaging. I expected better because of the green tea. Since the first time I used it it was irritating to my skin. And if anything it made my acne worse. I hate it and would never get it again.

on 1/10/2011 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is probably one of the top 5 worst cleansers I've ever used, however it's not all bad--it does smell wonderful and it has a handy pump! This is unfortunately where the positives for this product ends. I'm so glad I got this free as part of a BOGO free sale. I brought St. Ives apricot scrub and out of curiosity I decided to try this cleanser out because I really had nothing to lose because I would get it for free. I have combination/oily skin, so me of all people, can appreciate a product that helps curb my skin's oily feeling, but this did not curb the oiliness...it felt like it just completely wiped out my skin's moisture!
Because this cleanser had green tea, I thought it would be soothing, but instead, it left my skin feeling tight and dry...I couldn't run to my moisturizer fast enough!

on 12/25/2010 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

this product was heavily scented and had a lot of colors in it which i feel negate the benefit of the green tea effects. it's an okay cleanser but not one i have to have in my rotation.

on 12/24/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have rosacea and dry skin, so this product did tone down my redness and all. I realized my blackheads on my chin became enlarged and I suddenly been getting pimples on my chin and random places, so I believe this product did it. So, I will not be buying it again.

on 11/18/2010 1:13:00 AM

I got this product about 2 months ago. I really loved it at first- I love the scent and it really did help calm my redness a little. It's good for removing makeup, but I really haven't seen an improvement in my acne, which is why I bought the product in the first place. Lately I've noticed that my skin has felt really tight after washing with this product, and I've gotten a dry, flakey patch on my cheek.. nothing a heavier moisturizer can't handle, and I'm sure it's due to the colder weather as well, but annoying nevertheless. I also use this in the shower on my body- back and chest- and I think it's better suited for that than a face wash. I'll finish the botte but I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/8/2010 12:35:00 PM

This is such a great cleanser! I use this in my morning cleansing routine everyday. The smell is so nice, I love it! I love that it is medicated without smelling or feeling medicated. Since I've started using this, I don't get any congested pores anymore and my skin feels really smooth. It doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it. Would definitely recommend this!

on 11/6/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for quite a while and I honestly cannot tell a difference in my skin at all. It smells really nice and you don't need much to get your face clean. I bought this in June and I'm just now finishing up the bottle, so it's good if you're on a budget.