August 2, 2014 | 1594 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2005 1:49:00 PM More reviews by PamBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color,really bueatiful pinky,shimmery color with gold flecks.
Looks great on eyes,lips,cheeks.
I find I wear it on my lips and cheeks more then anything, I love mixing it with my glosses and its GORGEOUS as a blush/highlighter.
Sometimes I'll wear it on my eyes and pair it with nylon, or vanilla and abit of macs pink glitter for a more fun look.
It seems abit pricey but the pigments last for ages and because rose is such a versatile color,its worth it to buy a full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 7:35:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

MHO this is the most beautiful pigment made! It looks gorgeous on the lips and fab as an e/s as welL! I only bought a sample but need to hunt down a full size. There is a pretty iridescence of gold that shimmers above the rose. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by calisurfer688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Great color ~ Especially on my medium, strong yellow-toned skin! Very pretty and really helps my brown eyes *pop* a little! Also, because this stuff is so pigmented, a full size pigment will last you AGES~ Along with old gold, one of my favorite pigments!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Seclusae2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Very oily skin that is prone to breakouts.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Loose powder pigment that can be used on the eyes, cheeks and mixed with lip products. Some people have even used it with nailpolish. $18.50 for a full-sized jar containing 7.5 g/.26 US oz. Available at MAC counters and stores, and maccosmetics.com.

PACKAGING Full-sized pigments come in a tall tub with a black screw top. It is sturdy but, as many reviewers pointed out, it is a disaster waiting to happen. It is easy to spill pigments and there is nothing that will control the out flow. Adding a shaker top would be a major improvement. I rated the packaging a four out of five.

COLOR Rose is a deep cool pink that has very noticeable gold flecks. It looks very pretty and I honestly thought that I would love it, but it just doesn't work out for me. For one, Rose has a very chunky texture that does not make for very fine shimmer. It looks garishly glittery on my lids when applied wet. I have tried applying it with a dry brush but the pigment barely clings to my lids and the glitter falls into my eyes. Second, if I manage to sheer out this pigment enough to avoid the drag queen glitter look, the deep pink is muted and the resulting color makes my eyes look tired.

On my cheeks, the pink looks very nice but the gold glitter is, again, far too chunky. This would definitely look terrible during the day. I'd look like a wannabe fairy.

I tried mixing this pigment with a lip balm. It applied smoothly but the gold really took over and made my lips super frosty. The pink is a little too light to make up for it either.

I will be the first to tell you that I am not afraid of shimmer and I am not afraid to experiment with color. I have around 150+ eye color products and around a couple of a dozen blushes. However, Rose simply just does not work out very well on any part of my face. This is the big reason why I gave this product a two out of five. The only saving grace is that I can see Rose working out in a dramatic smokey eye. However, I would never use it alone as a wash or in the crease nor would I want it on my cheeks or lips.

TEXTURE As I have mentioned before, Rose has a very chunky texture. It is not like many other pigments. In the tub, it looks very much like big pieces of glitter.

APPLICATION Rose does not apply well AT ALL with a dry brush. As I have mentioned before, the color barely shows up and the glitter just falls off. I really have to use the wet method. This is not like other pigments that apply beautifully wet OR dry.

Since MAC pigments are loose powders, it is a little bit more inconvenient than a pressed product. However, you can simply work with the pigment that collects on the underside of the screw top. This is a lot better than messing with the inside of the tub and risking spillage.

LASTING POWER All the MAC pigments I have tried stay true and vivid throughout the day but crease on my oily lids. However, I have never had a powder product that never creased on me so I don't hold it against MAC or any other powder product.

OVERALL Rose is a disappointment both in color and texture. I am glad that I only have a sample of it instead of a full tub. I definitely will not purchase or recommend. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2005 12:53:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me begin by stating up front that I find Rose to be a little too warm in hue for my cool coloring(pink/ivory skin, green eyes, dark brown hair).
Rose has TONS of gold in it; in fact in some lights it looks copper.
However, I do like the color, which I would describe as a deep, intensely shimmery rose-pink. It will be fine on those occasions when my outfit calls for a warmish pink on lips, which is where I plan to use Rose.I have a round face with full cheeks, so sparkly blush just does not work well for me. I may try it as eyeshadow eventually, though; I don't think it's too red for that purpose.
I find the texture perfectly okay, though it *may* be a little less smooth and "creamy" than some of the other Pigments. That fantastic glowing shimmer more than compensates for anything Rose might lack in the texture department, in my opinion. As for whether or not I will buy this again, I already have!
I first got a small sample and wasn't too keen on it. But the longer I played with it, the more I began to like it, so I splurged on a full-size. Those with warm coloring should put this at the top of their "To-Try" list!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 10:57:00 AM More reviews by love_and_hate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was one of my first fullsized pigments, and to tell you the truth, I bought it because I wanted a fullsize pigment, lol. But now I'm glad I did. At first I regretted it. The fallout on my eyes was terrible. But now, I dont use it on my eyes (I cant get it to seem to work there). I do, however, use it on my neck, shoulders and chest as a great little shimmer. It gives me a FABULOUS healthy glow. I also use it on my cheeks as a nice, shimmery, subtle blush. Its the best blush I've ever used. I tried, this morning no less, to mix it with a clear gloss, and made a huge mess. But regardless, it turned out lovely and I cant wait to wear it out. Someone suggested to put it over Summerfete TLC, but that I didnt care for much, it made it look almost too gold. This product gets the full five lippies rating, because of its versatility. If I ever run out, which I wont, I would purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful. Stunning. Wonderful! I love Rose pigment! A breathtaking rose-pink-gold with slightly chunkier shimmer/glitter, I like to use this on the lips as a gloss and on the cheeks for a shimmery rosey-pink glow. This also looks lovely lightly brushed on the eyes as well for a super purdy sparkle. Very versatile stuff and a jar will last ages. An absolute stunner!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2005 6:50:00 AM More reviews by vshy

i received this from a lovely swapper,thanks Sandhya! used it as a blush(with a light hand!) today and i LOVE it! immediately after i buff it on top of my GA sheer blush #2,there's this healthy glow which i've been after!! for reference,i'm a LLL with pink undertones.gonna try it on my lips next =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 9:03:00 PM More reviews by gitargirl

Since I use the rose pigment most, I had to get ***CREATIVE*** so I didn't get bored with it. Use a scary 80's blue cream shadow (I use MAC's Royal Wink) and layer it to medium intensity all over lid and just slightly into the crease. Then dab rose over the entire thing, and there you have it, the perfect golden pink-purple. Mix with lipgloss and plum liner for a great color, or use a gold cream base (MAC's corny shadestick) and it turns a gorgeous bronzy golden gypsy rose color, which I pair with Urban Decay's baked for my "truckin' it in the Sahara" look. I even use rose as a highlighter mixed with my bronzer for a supernatural look. Simply the best bang for my buck, if the texture is a bit chunky and flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2005 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ThirdTimesACharm

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rose pigment summed up in three words: SUPER DUPER PRETTY!!! Oooooo....this glistens and glitters and is so so girrrrrly pink with golden shimmers, lol. I love it. It's a chunkier pigment, so be prepared for lotsa sparkle. It looks amazing on me when I pack it on my lid (wear a base underneath though). It also is so, so gorgeous on the lips and as a blush/highlighter. Probably the most versatile pigment, in addition to Vanilla. Big full-size jar so this will last you ages. If you're looking for something pink and girly and pretty and feminine yet sexy at the same time ROSE PIGMENT IS IT! *UPDATED* Ok, so it doesn't look as great as I thought packed on my lids...too peeeeenk pink. But I tried it as a blush/highlighter, and it is totally gorgeous....and even MORE on the lips! Still lovely stuff to have around!