Maybelline Shine Sensational

3.7

on 5/5/2010 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Maybelline's Shine Sensational lip gloss in 30 Sweet Indulgence. I would describe it as a lilac-ey pink. It sort of has a metallic/shimmery sheen in the package, but it doesn't look that way on your lips, just a subtle shimmer. I think this color is perfect for spring. Very flattering. My lips stay moist, and don't develop any white slimy lines.

on 5/5/2010 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in "Crushed Candy" because I love shimmery pink gloss. The color is superb and it has a light pretty color. However, I hate the taste of it, kind of like a candy cane. Luckily, the flavor doesn't last long and I keep using it because the color is so cute. Good price, would buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are my favorite lipglosses at the moment. Their super shiny, smell really nice and they are just cute and easy and the price is good too. I really like the watermelon one the best but the guava one is not far behind. The formula is great really shiny but more on the slick side, not sticky.

on 4/9/2010 2:46:00 AM

flavored glosses are my favorite

and these are so so

cute packaging but a limited selection of flavors and some of them smell the same as some of the others. ie crushed candy and the clear mint one.

you dont need a lot to get the shine

overall a very sheer versatile gloss

if the flavors were more discernible and they had a teeeeeny bit more pigment, they'd be my absolute favorite

on 4/1/2010 7:59:00 PM

I was hoping this would be a warm nude gloss ( I got 05 Peach Sorbet) but instead it's a pretty nice clear gloss. I don't get why there isnt any color but maybe it's my skintone... I did need a new clear gloss and the packaging is cute so it's a pretty decent gloss if you need a clear lipgloss. It also tastes yummy!

on 4/1/2010 5:36:00 AM

This is a thick gel gloss (kind of like the Kissing Slicks I wore in high school or like a Squeezy Lip Smacker) that moisturizes and is scented/flavored. I bought it in Crushed Candy, a delicate silvery-sparkled light pink that smells/tastes of cinnamon candies and makes my lips look like they were painted with moonglow. Would buy again if the price wasn't so steep. Great stuff, even though the price is kinda crazy

on 3/31/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this in the watermelon flavored variety yesteray, and I am very pleased. It's not at all goopy or sticky, but it feels thick and emmolient at the same time. The scent is amazing, and it lasts fairly well as long as you don't eat or drink. The watermelon shade is kind of a clear hot pink, if that makes sense, it's not at all opaque, which is perfect, because I was looking for gloss, not lipstick. It's pigmented enough to give a nice wash of color that looks good over bare lips, but can be worn to kind of ratchet up the shine of any other lipstick you put it over as well. It comes in a squeeze tube with an angled applicator, which is my favorite (I never liked the rounded tips), it goes on very smoothly, and evenly. Overall I would definitley purchase this gloss again, and I might try out another shade or two. *note* this is not a "long wear" lip gloss, if it was, it'd be much stickier and rather unpleasant feeling, this will come off if you eat or drink, but for an on the go gloss to stash in your desk or bag, it's perfect

on 3/27/2010 7:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Not bad at all... I have this in Watermelon Punch and in the tube its a dark pinky-red. On my lips it looks more sheer but the color shows up enough to look like I sucked on a lollypop with a shiny glass effect. Doesnt last long at all but I dont expect it to. Its just enough to brighten my lips and make my lips look a little more plump. I'd probably buy this again on sale but I don't think I'd pay full price just because its not very special. I got this at CVS for 40% off and paid around $3.50.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Is it just me, or does this have no pigmentation at all?? I have the Peachy one and when applied to the lips I felt like I had just put on a clear gloss. Yes it wasn't sticky and it was very shiney, but where is the color that I paid for!? When swatched on the back of my hand only a slight orange-peach shade showed up, on my lips it disappeared. This was surprisingly very flavorful, like a sweet peach candy or something, and it smelt strongly too. I actually enjoyed the flavor because it tasted quite nice, but I'm a little afraid that the scent is to strong. Overall, I enjoyed the formula, but I won't repurchase.

I'm not normally a drugstore cosmetic girl but had to get these when I saw them on a display at target last weekend. I purchased crushed candy, watermelon punch and mad about melon.
First of all I was attracted to these because the packaging and colors reminded me of the discontinued shu umera sweet glosses (my favorite!) and as soon as I tried them I happily discovered they smell fruity and feel exactly like the shu glosses.
They are pretty sheer when applied, so if you are going for dramatic color these are not for you. Also they are not sticky at all and go on smoothly and almost like a cushion on your lips if that makes sense.
The watermelon punch smells just like watermelon bubblegum :) and looks red in the tube but applies like a sheer natural pink color. Love!
The mad about melon is a shimmery light peach in the tube that goes on clear. It gives the lips a slight sparkle that adds to the glossy shine rather than look over the top. It smells like cantelope and I love this too :)
Crushed candy is baby pink with shimmer. It smells minty kind of like toothpaste and gives just the slightest cooling effect on my lips (always a plus for me I love minty tingles in lip products) just like the mad about melon it goes on clear and adds a bit of sparkle.
All taste slightly sweet and have the same texture.
I'm purchased each for about $5 which I think is a great deal considering they are replacing my favorite shu sweet glosses which I paid over $20 for each.
I'm going back to get more! And I'm a bit of a brand snob so that is saying something.

Popular Lip Glosses