April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by KrissyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I make a homemade mask and use it about once a week(should probably use it like 2-3 times). I eye ball all the measurements so sometimes i put to much in and get a tinge yellow after 20 minutes but i use a homemade lemon toner and it takes the discoloration right off(you see the yellow on the cotton ball). I make the mask with almond milk, oat flour, honey(love), turmeric and lately ive been adding cinnamon and nutmeg, it burns for the first five minutes but the results are worth it. The mask is all organic except when i add the cinnamon and nutmeg(haven't gotten around to buy organic ones yet). My face feels amazing after it. Apply the mask with a make up applicator or something it gets messy, leave it on for 20 minutes and then just rinse really well with warm water, the results are so good.My face feels awesome after, and looks great, and it evens out my tone as well. If anyone wants the exact recipe, inbox me, i think i have it somewhere.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lalovelyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Esthetician and have used Turmeric for the past 3-4 years as a brightening mask and spot treatment for acne: pustules. (1tsp Tur & 1 tbsp plain yogurt). It accelerates the healing of my skin and is anti- inflammatory. My skin is golden brown I can experience the "stain"effect if I mix in to much Turmeric, so fair skin folks start off with just a pinch. I also use it as a exfoliant and mix with my Dermalogica Daily microfoliant.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Indians have known about the medicinal and cosmetic properties of turmeric since thousands of years. Turmeric is found in every spice box in every indian house and is used extensively in indian cuisine.
*Because of its antiseptic properties, it works very well on cuts and wounds and is very effective in curbing blood flow from a wound (but it stains clothes very easily and those stains are nearly impossible to remove)
* Half a teaspoon of tumeric dissolved in warm milk is very effective in curing coughs and colds. It also helps insomniacs sleep. In fact, this milk is good in most illnesses.
* Turmeric mixed with honey is also wonderful in curing coughs and colds too. Taken 2-3 times a day, it helps sooth the throat as well as the easy expulsion of phlegm to speed up recovery.
* This is actually considered as a "heaty" spice so its best to reduce consumption of this in summer. In winter, it really helps in warming up the body especially when had with steaming milk and honey.
* There are loads of cosmetic uses of turmeric too...in India, there is a pre wedding ritual where the bride and the groom are scrubbed by their respective families with a paste of turmeric mixed with other stuff to give them an extra glow for the big day.
* A very common face mask used by millions of indian women is a simple one of turmeric mixed with chick pea flour. You can add yoghurt to this or honey depending on whether you have dry or oily skin.

I could go on and on but go ahead, get some turmeric and experiment. :)

24 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read somewhere that you could mix turmeric with your foundation to make it more yellow (if you have a yellowish skintone that is), and since I
use mineral powder foundation I tried it. Smells a bit weird, but works pretty good! :) And the fact that it's supposed to have beneficial skin properties doesn't make it any worse!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Turmeric can be used internally and externally for health and beauty - as an herb or herbal supplement or applied topically to impart a vibrant golden color and antioxidants.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Shreelar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had some kind of growth - in between skin and fingernail - growing in the middle of my forehead. It had no color, and was kind of pointy. I called it my unicorn horn.

I was nervous about trying wart medication so close to my eyes, so I tried a mix of turmeric and coconut oil, covered with a small bandage. I think it was about 3 weeks before the growth disappeared. It tried to return a year or so later, so I used the turmeric/coconut oil again and it didn't take as long to disappear, since I started it quickly.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great blemish reducer and skin enhancer. I mix it with an Indian face powder and water to make a mask. My dark spots and acne are almost completely gone now! Definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Mischka786

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use turmeric for my asthma.

I developed asthma two years ago and nothing was helping...the inhalers are only temporary relief and don't really cure the issue.

My mom heard the remedy on some TV show by a doctor. Basically, you take a few tablespoons of turmeric and put it in a pan. Heat the turmeric in the pan until it starts to burn and smoke. Inhale the smoke like you would an inhaler...through your mouth.

It helped so much that I haven't really touched my inhaler since then. In fact, I've never even used my emergency one. If you do this consistently a few times a day or as needed...eventually the dependency on the inhaler decreases to almost nothing.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by jlnort01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I ingest Turmeric (1tsp. once per day) and it has helped tremendously with my rosacea. Redness is significantly diminished. I don't put it on my skin, just mix it with 8 oz. milk (it has to have a fat to catalyze with and ensure proper absorption). Turmeric has many health benefits, reducing inflammation is just one of them! If you haven't considered drinking / eating it, try it. My rosacea redness was visibly and noticeably reduced within three days.

37 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I like this stuff but I also have some complaints. My face broke out recently due to having to take prednisone and then go off of it for a health issue. Purely hormonal. I used this during that time mixed into my cleanser, as a mask mixed with yogurt and as a spot treatment mixed only with water and dabbed on and left on. As a spot treatment with water it seemed to help. It didn't make my acne disappear or my face stop breaking out but it did seem to keep the smaller pimples that started coming from turning really big. Supposedly it is an anti-inflammatory and it did seem to make everything less red and puffy. I also read somewhere it has anibacterial properties which is nice for keeping the acne from spreading. I haven't tried a ton of products but asprin, tea tree oil, baking soda, toothpaste and drug store spot treatements all make my acne worse so Turmeric gets three stars cause it actually is effective.
That said, I don't like the fact that due to the color of this I can't wear it during the day out of the house. I also don't like the temporary stains on my face and hands from applying it. It is messy to use and I have to worry about it staining. It dries and falls off my face which means I have to reapply. I have to worry about it getting on my pillow, clothes, etc. After using this for several days in the same area my face started feeling raw so you do have to make sure you don't overuse though I got plenty of warning before actually damaging skin. I tried this in a bath and besides staining my body it seemed to make my leg veins more prominant. No clue why but I didn't like that or my yellow bath tub.
I have read that this product can inhibit hair growth. I don't know if you could use this on your face to cut down on facial hair or not or if you would have to leave it on so long your whole face would get stained yellow. I tried to avoid my eyebrows when I used it as a mask for this reason though. I also read it can fade a tan which some people might not like.