September 30, 2014 | 1325 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by 05geo

I had suffered from acne for many years and though it was finally over when I hit my 20s. Then I got diagnosed with a immune condition and had to start taking steroids everyday. The steroids (prednisone) did so much damage to my skin and left me with many dark scars. I am still on the meds and have had non stop acne for the last 5 years.

A month ago I decided to start the turmeric treatment and it has worked really well in this short time. It has faded a lot of my scars and controls my acne. Ofcourse, my skin is still nowhere near perfect but I will keep using turmeric since it has worked well so far. I have also recently started drinking some turmeric powder with water to stop inflammation from within.

I put on the mask every evening for about a half an hour. I don't notice much yellowing and since it's the last thing I do before bed, the yellowing doesn't bother me at all.

I make my mask with turmeric powder, chick pea flour (besan), lemon juice and yogurt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This is supposed to have anti-septic properties but I generally use it to fade acne scars. I mix it with chick pea flour and water but you can use it with either milk / lime juice or honey depending on your skin type. Then I apply it as a mask and wait till it's completely dry. I rinse it lightly so that the mask becomes grainy and gently slough my skin of dead cells.

It leaves my skin glowing, clearer and is absolutely natural. I'm Indian so the turmeric barely stains my skin, but fairer folks might like to tone down the turmeric just a bit. Either way, the stain wears off after a few washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

If one is willing to look past the staining effect of turmeric, it's a godsend herb for skincare. I've been struggling eternally with acne and I always turn to turmeric to heal acne and brighten those unsightly spots. If anyone has reservation about the stain, mix turmeric with yogurt, egg white or lemon/lime juice to minimize the yellow residue and use a pair of plastic gloves to brush to apply the mixture. Even if you don't want to be troubled with the turmeric mask, you could still take it internally. I drink a cup of water mixed with curcumin powder and minced ginger (which is also great for its anti-inflammatory effect) every morning before breakfast) and notice a visible improvement in my skin tone. I also find fresh turmeric to work much better than the processed, refined isolated one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by hello2489

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in my early 20s and have suffered from moderate cystic acne since I was 16. I have tried various pharmaceutical products (creams containing high concentrations of tretinoin or benzoyl peroxide, and oral antibiotics) to get rid of my acne, but as soon as I stop the treatments, the acne returns in full force. Where I come from, sandalwood powder (available at organic or spice stores) is considered a powerful, natural anti-acne treatment and, mixed with an equal amount of turmeric and enough fresh lime juice to make a smooth, thin paste, it makes for an excellent anti-acne mask. However, the lime juice stings, so do NOT use this if you have sensitive skin. For sensitive skin, I'm sure water or unsweetened yoghurt would work just as well to bind the sandalwood powder and turmeric into a paste.

Initially, I applied this mask every night for three months. When my skin cleared up, I would only apply it about 3 or 4 times a week. You can gently rub the paste into your skin to exfoliate, but do not do this often. I exfoliate with this paste about once a week, but otherwise I just smear it thickly onto my face after cleansing with a gentle face wash, avoiding the eye area. I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour, and then rinse it off with water. Provided your skin isn't sensitive, the stinging sensation should only last for 5-10 minutes (you'll get used to it!).

I have been using this mask for about 5 months now and it's the best anti-acne treatment I've ever tried. It's also dirt-cheap, and all ingredients are actually good for your skin (unlike the chemical nasties in conventional anti-acne products). After washing off the mask and pat-drying your skin with a towel, I recommend moisturising with rosehip oil because it reduces scars and won't clog your pores. You'll wake up the next morning with glowing, smooth skin.

You have nothing to lose, so I recommend trying it. Your skin might purge for the first two weeks, but persevere. Your skin will clear up after that. Thank me later! :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by mookowzmoo

I wish I had known about turmeric before I bought expensive creams that didnt work and high-end makeup to cover the left over pigmentation spots from my acne. Ive been using turmeric masks for about 3 weeks, a few times a week and i have already seen my spots reduce in size and color. Current acne spots are also going away much easier.

i mix turmeric and milk to a paste, as i have found that reduces the yellowness the best, and wear the mask for about 15 minutes before washing off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Kirstyw89

1.50 at asda what a bargain mix table spoon of gram flour then honey almond oil tea spoon of turmeric and watch your problems fade away my go to acne cure leave on for 20mins wash off use 2-3 times a week depending on the problem area and you'll be glad you read these reviews

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by blackblackblack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mix turmeric with raw honey, cinnamon, and sometimes greek yogurt. It doesn't stain my face terribly and if you get the proportions down (might take a mix or two) it really isn't so runny. Turmeric does leave my face looking like I put a little self tanner on, but it is not obviously stained. In any case, it washes off after a day, and I usually do this on my days off or at night.

I alternate between the turmeric mask and a mask made from strawberries and bentonite clay. The area where I have acne- jaw, lower chin- is easier to apply makeup to. The redness and bumpiness have decreased noticeably, and a few dark acne scars have faded. I firmly believe that for some of us with hormonal skin problems, it helps to quit applying so many chemicals (or ANY, if you can help it), focus on internal health, and use natural, non-irritating treatments. I recommend trying turmeric, inside and out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first heard of turmeric over you tube and researched that it has medicinal properties and are beneficial for problematic skin like acne or hyper pigmentation, i got convinced and bought it ,i first used it with rice flour ,green tea and honey but onced i took off the mask i had yellow skin! i mean it was night so i didn't worry and next morning i washed my face and i didn't have yellow skin anymore i mean i have light skin but even though turmeric makes you look like the simpsons for a bit its not permanent it goes away like in two washes ,,.its actually great for spot treatment everytime i had an inflamed pimple it will heal it over night ,just that i stopped using it because it stained my pillows and i just felt like it was too messy, So then i heard greek yogurt was really good for the skin so i bought it and mixed it with turmeric ,.,.,thats like the perfect combination !!! both help the skin and when i take the mask of i don't have yellow skin and it leaves my skin so smooth ,,.,i recommend it :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by nomnomcat

Turmeric mixed with honey has been a MIRACLE WORKER as far as spot treatments go.

Usually when I get zits, they grow steadily in size, get super red and inflamed and in general hard to conceal, and then finally develop into gnarly whiteheads that are just an eyesore on my face. I've tried everything as spot treatments, from those benzoyl peroxide treatments, to clay masks, to turmeric alone, to honey alone. None of them have given me the results turmeric and honey have combined.

I just dab a bit of honey on my zits, then dab turmeric on top of it. The zit stays small and continues getting smaller within days. I leave it on overnight and if I'm not doing anything during the day, I'll leaving on in the day as well. If I just wash it off with water, it does stain my yellow-toned Asian skin a bit, but it's not that noticeable. If you're paler, though, it may be more obvious. Using a face cleanser will help with that.

I also mix turmeric and honey together to use an all-over facial mask every other day or so. I can't say I've had dramatic results in my skin tone, but it definitely makes my skin look a little brighter and healthier!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by jannaaikadeja

This is the HOLY GRAIL for my acne scars and pimples. I have hormonal imbalance, chicken skin and skin asthma so my skin doesn't look that great. Upon seeing posts in pinterest about the healing wonders of Turmeric, I decided to try it :) I mixed turmeric with yoghurt, cinnamon, nutmeg, tamanu oil, virgin coconut oil and olive oil. I apply this to my face for at least 10minutes for everyday. For your face not to look yellowish, yoghurt is the solution. People noticed that I'm blooming and my scars are fading. Also since I have hormonal imbalance I don't know exactly the time I'll have my period because it can occur every month, every two month, or every three months but all I know before having a period my face will have many pimples. Days ago I have some small pimples which is normal and then I noticed my period was already starting. I got shocked because usually I would have many pimples first before my period. It means turmeric did its job controlling my pimples even during my period :D

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No