December 22, 2014 | 1632 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by shuaia3000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this as a face mask (thanks you tubers) & it really works. if i have a pimple & use this as a mask the pimple dries up & disappears overnight. it has also faded dark spots along w/the rose hip seed oil. i also drink it...warm milk & turmeric once a week & i sprinkle it on most foods i eat especially when i eat indian food i just add more. good stuff here.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by morsonel

I've been using the turmeric mask for a week now, everyday. I prepared it once and stored it in the fridge so I am using it after cleaning my face in the night without having to go through the trouble of preparing it on the spot. I just take it out of the fridge and put it on my face with a foundation brush. For the mixture I used turmeric, honey, cinnamon, some drops of tea tree, rosemary and olive oils (but I will skip the oils next time, I don't think my skin likes them so much; I can't put yogurt because I can't store it for too long, I have the impression it will spoil). I leave the mask on for an hour or so. I have to say the results are amazing. My face is glowing (and not because of the yellow staining- that doesn't bother me so much anyway), skin looks even toned, smoother, the scars faded like 50% in just 7 days, I have less pimples and the ones I have heal 3 times faster and don't seem to scar anymore. It does wonders for my cystic acne, takes it all to the surface which is a good thing in my case. For the pimples that are just forming, the turmeric makes them smaller and smaller until they go away without having to pop them. So it basically keeps every problem under control. It was been a wonder treatment for me (the best ever for scars, even wrinkles, overall condition of the skin) but I also use vitamin c (1000mg/daily), fish oil and benzoyl peroxide to keep new pimples from forming. I definitely recommend using this mask. I spent lots of money on so many product to get rid of my scars and nothing worked as good as turmeric..and it is so cheap. I want to try using it everyday for a month and see the results..then will just use it every other day and so on. I will keep you posted on the progress. :)

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There is a reason this is known as the "King of Herbs", It's amazing for just about every ailment that you have. I started taking this internally first using high quality curcumin. immediately I got relief from neuropathy and arthritis in my arms and legs. I am now at the point where I actually feel younger (No more aches and pains, I'm 40), have more energy, a glow to my skin, my hair is not super dry and brittle anymore.

Turmeric has been used for thousands of years in traditional South Asian Medicine for everything from a pain reliever, skin disorders to even dementia and cancer. It's a quite powerful herb and it alone can kill off infections within your body and bring systemic inflammation down rather quickly. I cannot tell you how much this amazing herb has changed my life. 5 months ago I was suffering from Severe Debilitating fatigue, foggy brain, acne breakouts, unexplained skin blotches, heart palpitations, memory loss, joint and muscle pain, headaches and was gaining weight when I was barely eating 800 calories a day. I went to a Natural Medicine doctor and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis along with Adrenal insufficiency and Chronic fatigue associated with it.. I was 40 but felt like 80. I started on a Natural thyroid hormone (Natur-throid) and Vitamin D-3 Supplements and I did improve somewhat but still suffered with extreme tiredness and skin issues. It was not until I introduced Turmeric orally did I see a dramatic difference in how I felt and looked. within days of taking 1500 MGs a day of Quality Curcumin, I felt renewed. I had so much energy and for the first time in a very long time could easily make it through the day without a nap or feeling like I was going to crash. Now, I did get some Die-off symptoms because I also started Oil of Oregano (Another amazing Herb, if you acne you need to try it). I always suspected that my main issue was a systemic Candida infection. Which are very hard to kill. It's a fungus caused by the overgrowth of bacteria in your body. Mine was likely caused by being on synthetic Antibiotics for my hormonal acne issues for extended periods of time. I basically caused more problems than the antibiotics would solve. I was a miserable wreck.

Turmeric has been the key factor in my recovery. My skin still has issues from the damage done but I'm far better than I was months ago. It really is an incredible herb that can protect and heal you in the Toxic world we live in.

I started using Turmeric Externally in masks. Turmeric, Greek yogurt, local honey with a bit of cinnamon is a excellent mask. I also mix Coconut oil or Olive oil and just the Turmeric and make a paste. I wear the mask for as long as I can and then use the paste with a little added liquid castile soap as a gentle scrub. My skin is remarkably better after three times of using as a mask. I was worried about yellow staining but found the yogurt as a barrier to that. Once I use a gentle soap after removing the mask the yellow is not that noticeable, just a trace that washes off next time I scrub. My skin glows, my pores look smaller, my skintone is more even and less inflamed. If you make a paste and put this on a giant pimple/Cyst overnight it will heal up super fast. those ones that like take residence on your face for a month are gone in a few days.

Turmeric is now a must have for me in both my beauty care and Internal health care. I will never go without it ever!! It has changed my life!

55 out of 59 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by missroro

I use turmeric internally and topically.

I take 2 capsules a day (1 in the morning with breakfast and 1 at night after dinner). I find that this has actually helped keep my breakouts at bay which is probably because it helps cleanse out my liver a little bit more.

I also use turmeric for my face masks at least once a week (sometimes twice a week if I feel like it). A lot of people on here have complained about the yellow stain but because I do this at night, I don't find this to be an issue at all. Yes, my face has a slight yellow tinge (only noticeable if I peer into my mirror really closely) after I wash it off and even try swipe it off with some toner but by morning, all I do is cleanse with my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and not a trace of yellow is left. Turmeric hasn't made a huge impact on my old acne scars but it has definitely helped with my overall skin tone (evens out any redness and even gives me a slight glow, although that might be totally psychological) and my skin always feels really smooth and soft after I wash off my mask in the shower. This is how I make it:

- 1 teaspoon of rice flour (or besan/gram/chickpea flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of natural greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of manuka honey

Feel free to adjust measurements to get the consistency you like. I mix it all up and then use a foundation brush I don't care fore and evenly spread the mask all over my face. I usually make more than enough for one use (but not really enough for 2 uses) so I slap on an extra thick layer on my trouble spots. I like to wait for my mask to fully dry (usually takes about an hour) before I step into my shower and wet my hands to slowly soften/break up the mask and start massaging it into my face, treating it like a facial scrub. After about 30 seconds of massaging, I rinse it all off and then pat my face dry. My skin has such a nice tone whenever I look into my mirror after I've just removed the turmeric mask, it makes me so happy.

I will definitely continue to use my turmeric mask weekly, just to help even out my skin tone and make it feel nice and soft :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great brightening mask, however also coloring (yellow).
Did not help with scaring but helps with redness.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by berriesblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Like many, I was skeptical about putting spice on my face. But this turned out to be way better than I expected. I mixed yogurt, olive oil, turmeric, and honey together. I had some reddish scars on my face and after using this consecutively for a week, my scars have diminished and my skin tone looked more even. The difference is not too drastic, but I definitely do feel more comfortable in my naked skin. It is however very messy to apply but I have to say, at the end, it is worth it. I will update further.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sleepytimesamba

I made a facemask of 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt, and left it on for about twenty minutes. I found it really really good - after one use the spots I had had really subsided and the general redness on my face had diminished too. After two uses (I've been trying to use it every other day) my skin looked even better. I would highly recommend this - why not, it's cheap and easy to use! I made sure I was careful applying and removing it because of its ability to stain. I applied it with a cotton bud and used cotton pads to remove it, using a little olive oil and water on them to remove all the powder. I am of mixed race heritage so I think that any residue left over complemented my yellowish skin tone and had a brightening effect, instead of making my skin look too yellow. I made sure I didn't apply it over my eyebrows after reading that it can cause hair to be removed - however being a dark-haired girl if this effect really happens it is another bonus of using turmeric!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ShayBella08

First off - LIFE SAVER. Secondly - Be patient & consistent! SIDENOTE: No matter how fair skinned you are, you can easily avoid the staining by mixing a mask consisting of a combination of the following; organic turmeric curcuma, chickpea flour, honey, lemon, plain YOGURT) You decide which elements you'd like to omit but the yogurt is a necessity to ward off staining, plus it's very beneficial for your skin. Also, using the Turmeric Mask wasn't the only aspect I changed in my beauty/health regime. I've been struggling with mild to moderate hormonal acne for about a year now...more so moderate to severe as of late (Winter months.) I began changing around my cleansing routine A LOT (This should be avoided at all costs as it confuses and aggravates the skin causing more flare ups and inflammation.) I can't get into thorough detail on my struggle and recovery but it did take a HUGE lifestyle change to be where I am now with my skin. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. Cut out all of the garbage and incorporate awesome, healthy super foods in your diet and see what it does for you...but once again, patience is key. It takes a different amount of time for every one to see results. Furthermore, dark leafy greens and dark berries are essential!! DRINK PLENTY OF [Room Temperature] WATER. That's it. Can't stress that enough. INGEST TURMERIC DAILY WITH A HEALTHY FAT(i.e. Coconut Oil) & BLACK PEPPER. If you can't stomach the taste, look for an all natural Turmeric Curcuma Supplement. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR/RESEARCH SUPPLEMENTS YOU MAY NEED TO BE TAKING. But EVERY Woman should be taking B12. KEEP YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE GENTLE & SIMPLE. The more complicated & abrasive, the worse your skin becomes. A couple of extras that worked for me - 1. I wait 15 minutes in between adding masks/products to my skin. Especially Toners & Spot Treatments...it gives it time to oxygenate. For example, I would cleanse. Wait 15 min. Tone. Wait 15 min. Moisturize. 2. I stopped toning altogether(for now) and stopped moisturizing at night. At night(the most important time to allow our skin to breathe) our skin is going though the cell renewal process. When applying moisturizers that are easily absorbed into the skin, you are blocking the pore, causing the skin to think it doesn't need to work so hard, if at all, in creating a natural barrier & maintaining moisture. I truly believe that these changes, maybe not all, are vital to obtaining healthy skin! Good luck, ladies!

20 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by shalomguada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. My holy grail, i can say it really lightens up my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I love everything about turmeric except for the jaundice look and stain. If you can overlook those annoying features, turmeric is an amazing healing medicine. Personally, I cannot use this stuff topically because it stains so bad. I use it internally and it does the same thing. It clears my skin, makes my complexion brighter, detox my liver, get rid of head ache, fibromyalgia, fatigue, insomnia, auto immune problems,asthma, allergies. I discovered this herb by accident when I noticed that foods high in turmeric takes my asthma away. From there I've been using it for everything. It has been documented to be a powerful anti oxidant strong enough to even fight cancer. I remember when my sister was 3 years old, she fell off her bike and scraped her face on the cement. We thought she would be scared for life because it was serious scaring of her entire cheek. Some one told us to apply FRESH turmeric to her face every day and within a month, the entire palm sized disfiguring scar completely disappeared. Her skin is flawless now. I remember her looking yellow for an entire month. Fast forward to today, I take turmeric with unsweetened yogurt as a supplement. Pains, fatigue, asthma all went away. I get beautiful clear youthful skin . I bought the powder form from the spice store for only a dollar. It lasts me an entire month or more. I take two teaspoon a day. If the detox is too strong I reduce the amount or stop for a few days. Turmeric absorbs much better when eaten with fats or some type of oil. Of all the herbs I have used, this is probably my biggest life saver. My HG herb! the fresher the better. If you can find fresh turmeric root, go for that one. but watch out for teeth staining! I swallow mine down with a mixture of yogurt. I tried pill forms turmeric from spring fields and various other brands but they tend to upset my stomach and make me sick. The turmeric pills do nothing for me. I do not get the same result from the turmeric pills as I get from the natural turmeric used as a spice eaten with foods. The real whole form unprocessed unrefined non isolated (curcumin) turmeric absorb hundred of times better when eaten with foods in its natural form. Make sure you buy 100% pure turmetic without additives or artificial colors. I buy mine at any Asian/Indian grocery store.

29 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No