July 30, 2014 | 1136 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Kirstyw89

£1.50 at asda what a bargain mix table spoon of gram flour then honey almond oil tea spoon of turmeric and watch your problems fade away my go to acne cure leave on for 20mins wash off use 2-3 times a week depending on the problem area and you'll be glad you read these reviews

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by blackblackblack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mix turmeric with raw honey, cinnamon, and sometimes greek yogurt. It doesn't stain my face terribly and if you get the proportions down (might take a mix or two) it really isn't so runny. Turmeric does leave my face looking like I put a little self tanner on, but it is not obviously stained. In any case, it washes off after a day, and I usually do this on my days off or at night.

I alternate between the turmeric mask and a mask made from strawberries and bentonite clay. The area where I have acne- jaw, lower chin- is easier to apply makeup to. The redness and bumpiness have decreased noticeably, and a few dark acne scars have faded. I firmly believe that for some of us with hormonal skin problems, it helps to quit applying so many chemicals (or ANY, if you can help it), focus on internal health, and use natural, non-irritating treatments. I recommend trying turmeric, inside and out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first heard of turmeric over you tube and researched that it has medicinal properties and are beneficial for problematic skin like acne or hyper pigmentation, i got convinced and bought it ,i first used it with rice flour ,green tea and honey but onced i took off the mask i had yellow skin! i mean it was night so i didn't worry and next morning i washed my face and i didn't have yellow skin anymore i mean i have light skin but even though turmeric makes you look like the simpsons for a bit its not permanent it goes away like in two washes ,,.its actually great for spot treatment everytime i had an inflamed pimple it will heal it over night ,just that i stopped using it because it stained my pillows and i just felt like it was too messy, So then i heard greek yogurt was really good for the skin so i bought it and mixed it with turmeric ,.,.,thats like the perfect combination !!! both help the skin and when i take the mask of i don't have yellow skin and it leaves my skin so smooth ,,.,i recommend it :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by nomnomcat

Turmeric mixed with honey has been a MIRACLE WORKER as far as spot treatments go.

Usually when I get zits, they grow steadily in size, get super red and inflamed and in general hard to conceal, and then finally develop into gnarly whiteheads that are just an eyesore on my face. I've tried everything as spot treatments, from those benzoyl peroxide treatments, to clay masks, to turmeric alone, to honey alone. None of them have given me the results turmeric and honey have combined.

I just dab a bit of honey on my zits, then dab turmeric on top of it. The zit stays small and continues getting smaller within days. I leave it on overnight and if I'm not doing anything during the day, I'll leaving on in the day as well. If I just wash it off with water, it does stain my yellow-toned Asian skin a bit, but it's not that noticeable. If you're paler, though, it may be more obvious. Using a face cleanser will help with that.

I also mix turmeric and honey together to use an all-over facial mask every other day or so. I can't say I've had dramatic results in my skin tone, but it definitely makes my skin look a little brighter and healthier!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by jannaaikadeja

This is the HOLY GRAIL for my acne scars and pimples. I have hormonal imbalance, chicken skin and skin asthma so my skin doesn't look that great. Upon seeing posts in pinterest about the healing wonders of Turmeric, I decided to try it :) I mixed turmeric with yoghurt, cinnamon, nutmeg, tamanu oil, virgin coconut oil and olive oil. I apply this to my face for at least 10minutes for everyday. For your face not to look yellowish, yoghurt is the solution. People noticed that I'm blooming and my scars are fading. Also since I have hormonal imbalance I don't know exactly the time I'll have my period because it can occur every month, every two month, or every three months but all I know before having a period my face will have many pimples. Days ago I have some small pimples which is normal and then I noticed my period was already starting. I got shocked because usually I would have many pimples first before my period. It means turmeric did its job controlling my pimples even during my period :D

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by rml508

I've been using this homemade turmeric mask for the past 4 weeks. I was desperate to find something for my adult acne, sun spots and rocasea. As I looked back to pictures about 2 years ago and see how clear and even my skin was, I knew I had to do something. I'm religious about my skincare regime. I alway wash, tone and moisture but my skin seems to have gotten more sensitive as I age.

I was doing microdermabrasion, light peels and IPL. All were helpful but the scars still persisted and the acne did get better but at the same time it wasn't improving as much as I had hoped. The healing was much slower, the scars were taking ages to go and the skin tone wasn't even.

I started mixing 1tsp of turmeric, 1tbsp of natural yoghurt, small splash of lemon juice with a bit of honey. I add a small bit of cinnamon from time to time. I used this mask for about two weeks faithfully every day. Wow! It brought stuff to the surface like it was clearing my skin up. I would pop these and the next morning, the skin looked amazing. The healing was quick on the new acne and the scars were fading. The skin tone was looking lighter and more even. I could believe how well it worked.

Around the end of my third week I added 1tsp of neem powder to the mix with a few drops of coconut oil. The black and white heads come to the surface! The skin really clears up. I would apply with latex gloves. It will stain your face a bit but that goes within a day. I normally put it on at night for about 20-30 minutes and wash off. The next day it's remarkable how well the skin looks.

Around the third week, I was also taking about 1/2tsp of turmeric with a tablespoon of coconut oil each morning on an empty stomach. It seems to be working as I've no active acne coming up and the old scars are lightening. I still have black heads drying up and clearing up so I'm hoping in another month I'll have a new face.

This is inexpensive and works better than any treatment that cost a fortune. I'm staying with this but will incorporate the IPL and microdermabrasion along with a clay mask on occasion. Do use a good sunscreen as this makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight. I've ordered a factor 30 sunscreen from Skinactives.com which is suppose to be non-greasy and a great daytime cover. I can't express how great this has been for my skin. I would recommend to anyone.

32 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by caelyyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never thought I'd write anything here but I have to share! :)

My skin was looking dull, tanned after traveling. I have a couple of acne scars on my chin, and my pores were VERY visible. I wanted my skin to glow more like it used to, be smoother and reduce visible pores. After researching about turmeric on several sites and have read GREAT reviews about turmeric, I decided to give it a try. My skin is quite sensitive to break outs and random redness, I can't even use a moisturiser without it breaking me out.

Recipe for mask: 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 teaspoon of rice flour, 1 tablespoon of unsweetened, all natural yoghurt.

What I did: Used 2-3 cotton pads to apply on my face so it doesn't leak everywhere! It's impossible to apply with your fingers because the mask is runny and it'll stain your hands. I apply it over the sink. Leave for 15-20 mins. I usually use the mask right before I shower so I can wash it all off in the shower, it's easier that way. I tried washing it over the sink, it was okay but more troublesome.

BEWARE/RECOMMENDATIONS:
1. I read that we should always put some sort of FAT in our turmeric mask, because turmeric is fat soluble or something. This way, it won't stain your face yellow! I washed it off with my usual cleanser, and it went away though I detect a 5% hint of yellowness? It went away after a day. I used yoghurt, but some people use almond milk. Try 1/2 teaspoon of powder if you're worried. :)

2. If you're using this mask to make your skin fairer or to even out skin tone, do NOT go out under the sun after using this mask. If you have lemon in your mask, do not go out either! Your skin will get darker if you do. Wait for an hour or so, from what I've read. No harm in being cautious, right?

3. When mixing the mask, use a glass or metal bowl because I think it'll stain plastic bowls. Also, it smells kinda strong!

4. Do NOT apply this over your eyebrows! It removes hair in some cases.

Verdict:
I did have some tiny pimples after using this but I think it's the yoghurt and the fact that my skin is sensitive. The first time I tried it, it stung slightly. Now it's my fourth time using it in 2 weeks and it doesn't sting anymore. It DID make my skin smoother, fairer, more glowy. Blackheads have shriveled up around nose. I spot treat it with the leftover mask and it does lighten up scars. I need to make sure it doesn't break me out in the long run though.

Enjoy your mask but make sure you do it when you don't have to go out immediately or the next day (in case you end up looking like The Simpsons) :)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by 0037sammie

I am currently experiencing the worst acne breakout in recent history. The ugly buggers hang out in gangs- spread in clusters, vying for dominance on my face.

Topical antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, aspirin masks- everything in my arsenal that has usually helped in the past hasn't made a dent in the problem. Old faithfuls like ole henriksen's blemish attack and liz earle's deep clean mask help, but don't cut it completely.

Enter the turmeric mask. After a single half hour application of this stuff, my skin looked brighter and smoother. The inflamed, itchy pimples/nodules/demons from hell sat flatter- and instead of an alarming red, settled to a more skin tone shade. Itchiness gone.

The real wow factor was how my face looked the next day. Acne still flatter looking, scars actually somewhat diminished and the irritation nonexistent...bumps visible (it's not a miracle worker, obviously) but definitely easier to cover and not as difficult to do.

Will definitely keep this up and update to reflect my findings after a week/month/as long as I can keep it up.

10 DAY UPDATE:
I have been using this every day for between 20 mins to an hour. It has made a significant difference in the healing time of acne- my cheeks where it was the most severe- is healed, though the acne marks remain visible.
Older marks have lightened, which has made my overall complexion look more even in tone, and those places and the areas that were acne free to begin with now have a 'glow.' Since using, I have had a few new spots crop up, but they aren't as painful and as previously mentioned, heal faster.
Will update again in a month, but so far so good!

_______________________________________________________

The recipe I followed was from YouTube:

2 tbsp gram flour, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp almond oil and a dash of milk. It makes a generous amount- I seperated the dry ingredients and so far have had 2 uses, with some left over.
____________________________________________________

I have been dabbling with the above recipe, and have found the following to be more effective. It is more 'sticky', which means it doesn't crumble off, but does require a little more effort to remove. 2tbsp gram flour, 1 heaped tsp turmeric, 1 tsp yogurt, 2tsp honey, 1tsp lemon juice, 1tsp almond oil. I cling film and refrigerate what I don't use, and this mix lasts about 3 days.

When washing off, I tend to rub water on to the mask to make it easier to remove and then use kitchen towels ripped into squares to wipe off. I follow with liz earle cleanse and polish, but be warned the muslin cloths stain yellow if there is turmeric left on the face.

Also, I would recommend wearing latex gloves if you are worried about hands being stained. I don't bother with this, since I put the mask on in the evening but I have noticed my fingernails take on a yellowish tinge after I am done...and they aren't even particularly long. Denture tablets in water for a couple of minutes takes care of this, though ;)

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by witheverylookandtouch

Turmeric is a life saver! I've started recommending it to all of my family and friends. I've been struggling with advanced acne for about 10 years now, but finally got "normal skin" by using birth control for a few months. My acne was hormonal so the birth control regulated my hormones and, in turn, my skin got better. The downside was that I was left with mild scarring (both small pits and seemingly permanent red spots), mostly on my cheeks and chin.
I gave turmeric a try and noticed a difference after just one use! Three uses in and my skin has improved by at least 30%. Not only is the overall redness completely gone, but my red spots are about a fifth as bright as they used to be. As an added bonus, I put some turmeric under my eyes and my under-eye skin is almost completely back to normal! (Purple is about 3/4 gone, skin is mostly no longer "chicken skin"-looking.) The difference is so noticeable that when going to see friends with no makeup, they remark on how great my skin is looking and ask me what I've been doing differently!
I mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric with a small squirt of olive oil and some honey. The honey is necessary to make the consistency of the texture not too liquid-y. The olive oil entirely prevents my skin staining because turmeric is fat soluble. (I also have tried making a mask with fat-free milk. There was mild staining afterwards that lasted until the next day.)
I then apply with an old ELF foundation brush (they're the cheapest) and let the mask sit for awhile on my skin! I'm so impressed that there have been this good of results so quickly after beginning treatment. I can't even imagine how good my skin will look after only a few more!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally used turmeric to treat acne scarring, but have noticed acne clearing up, brighter skin and more even skin tone. I use it around my eyes to help with dark circles.
I mix 3 heaped tsp of turmeric with some honey use as a mask, daily. Always wear gloves when doing this, and when rinsing off!
I also mix turmeric and cocnut oil and apply around my eyes and the skin is much brighter and lighter, and dark circles have reduced. I apply it with a cotton bud.
I don't waste money on products to treat scarring or uneven skin tone, this is the best product I've found.
I also take it internally and my skin glows and acne has cleared up nicely. I take 1/2 tsp in my morning green tea, and 1/2 tsp before bed. Mix with some honey if you don't like the taste. You could even make your own capsules.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No