December 22, 2014 | 1814 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by CarlyLively

I am absolutely in love with this product. It is very pricey, but its worth every penny for me. I not only use it on my eyes before applying shadows but I also use it on any blemish or spots I might have after applying concealer. It stays on all day and helps reduce the appearance of spots. It gives you a flawless look, it doesn't clump. I also applied it before using dollar store bought loose glitter (which for most people I would never recommend using on your eyes) but it made it stick all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a trail product as i was having difficulties finding a decent primer, and i'm afraid to say its not really that great. After putting it on in the morning i would say it lasts for around 4 hours before creasing starts, and by the end of the day its severe creasing and dull eye shadow.

It goes on very easy and you need only a tiny amount but it turns quite powdery quickly. Though due to its colour it doesn't intefier with eye shadow pigment.

I had real hopes for this but for the price its really no better then an average primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I would buy this again if they would fix the packaging. I think this would suit a tube and doe foot applicator package perfectly. As far as the primer itself, it is my second favorite after the old Kat Von D primer. This is a little thinner and not as opaque as the Kat Von D primer but still a lot more so than other skin colored liquid eye primers. I prefer it under the eye with a touch of concealer or foundation to hide dark spots. I think this would be my new holy grail if they would just change that packaging over to be more like the primer's sample packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by JubliantUvula

The only primer that works for me! This is a bit expensive ($26) but it is a dryer formula and works great! The pump is annoying and always give you too much, but it is well worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this primer to be very drying on my eyes, which is a first for me. I have tried other primers such as Too Faced, Urban Decay, and LORAC. Also, I did not like the applicator it came in since it is unsanitary and you can not control the amount of product that is dispensed. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a kit with some other deluxe samples from either Ulta or Sephora, and I have to say that I loved it at first, but it expires so fast! I've had it 4-6 months, and it has separated into some sort of oily substance and pigment. It will not work anymore (I've tried mixing it and they will not mix) and I still have a ton of product left in the bottle. I'm dumbfounded that this product is $30 regularly. At that price, it should work flawlessly for a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer...does exactly what it should.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ruthmcfarlane

I really like this product! I originally bought it because I bought some Barry M looks eye shadow in a really dark blue, and it just fell all down my face every time I went to use it. If I put this on beforehand, my eyeshadow doesn't make a mess of my newly made-up face, and it tends to stay on for much longer. Eventually, yes, I begin to get slight creases on my eyelids and my eyeshadow fades, but I have very oily eyelids and surrounding eye area, so I don't really expect any product to 100% combat that (although if anyone knows of one then please tell me!). The original colour is quite a good match for my skin colour anyway so it's handy as a concealer for red patches/dark circles. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the pump squirts out far too much product, no matter how lightly I press it. It's quite expensive, so I don't really like wasting the majority of what comes out, but it's just too much to use in any form unfortunately. Other than that, it's one of my favourite products and I use it most days - I always notice a difference if I forget to!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample from my loose button subscription. I'm actually still using it at the moment. My verdict...The product seems a bit watery for my liking. there are times when it stings my eyelids and times when it doesn't. My eyeshadow and eyeliner application goes on a bit smoother as promised but the guarantee of having no eyeshadow creases wasn't there. After a few hours, my eyelids were obviously oily and the eyeshadow creases were evident. Good thing I got this as a free sample just because I'd be disappointed spending around $30 on this product. Benefit's products are usually a hit or miss for me, and this was definitely a miss. I can only compare it to smashbox's photo lid primer and I'd rather go for smashbox's than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I originally tried this when it was only available in one color. That color was too light for me, so I never had the chance to see how effective it was as a primer. When Benefit released this in a darker color, I ran out to get it. The color is perfect, I really loved the idea of a color correcting primer. However, this product is total crap.

When I first used it, I smeared it on like I would UDPP. Then I put my shadow over it. It did not work well at all. I figured it was my fault. I read the instructions carefully and followed them to the letter. I applied the 3 dots and blended. I mades sure to let it set before applying the shadow. The results were that the creasing didn't start quite as early. Still, I had minor creasing after 5 hours and significant creasing after about 7 hours. Overall, this was crap. It's really expensive too. At $26, the needs to do what is is designed to do.