MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover

3.0

Water, PEG-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-6, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

This gets a 3 from me because it does stings if I get it into my eye, but I do love the packaging and it does remove my eye makeup. For reference, my eye mu is pretty basic, I use cream and powder shadows and MAC fluidlines, nothing waterproof whatesoever, maybe except for the Fluidlines. It does a good job, but I wish it wouldn't sting. Love the travel-friendly packaging and fine tip dispenser though! Will repurchase for the sake of B2M!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this in a try out package and I've used this before. It takes soooo much if it to get even non waterproof makeup off. The plus side is no greasy residue. This also burns occasionally when I use it. If you LIKE this product - try the version by Flirt! which is the same formulation and cheaper.

Definitely my Holy Grail of eye makeup remover! It took me a long time to find the perfect one and this is it. It's water based, so it's not oily. It also doesn't get all sudsy (like Clinique's stuff). The bottle is awesome - a nice soft plastic squeeze bottle with a tip so you can pour out as little or as much as you like. And it lasts forever! I seriously put only a drop or two on a Q-tip to remove the makeup smudge under my eyes and that's all I need. I squirt a little more on a cotton ball to remove the bigger makeup. The only thing I don't like is it can leave my eyelids a tad sticky, but not bad at all - and I'll just wet another cotton ball with water and swab over it real quick, and the stickiness (and the makeup) is gone. And yes, if you get it directly in your eyes, it is going to sting. It is a chemical. Heck, even water stings my eyes.

Finally, an eye makeup remover that doesn't make my vision blurry. I really like this product, the bottle is great too. It takes off most of my makeup but sometimes not all. I will buy this again till I find someone better that doesn't blur my vision.

Bravo for this stuff not being oily so I can just dab away at mistakes and reapply. But BOO for it BURNING like there's no tomorrow! My eyes aren't even especially sensitive. Also it doesn't remove stubborn make up like gel liners and waterproof mascara. I can't believe MAC hasn't reformulated this stuff by now. Definitely not a re-buy.
EDIT 6/24/05: All right, I suppose my teary eye has grown resistant to this stuff because I am finally able to use this without crying my guts out. Halleluiah! So all you naysayers out there who gave up immediately on this product - give it a few more days or weeks and you'd be surprise at how fast your eyes adapt. But I still stand by my assertion that there are BETTER eye make-up removers out there. continued >>

Bleh. My mascara was almost intact after having used this and it barely moved my other makeup. Good thing it came in a try-on pac, otherwise I'd have returned it!

Needed eye makeup remover, so while I was at the Mac counter, I decided to get a bottle. Unfortunately, it stings my eyes, so I will be returning this.
Will go back using Lancome's BiFacil, or Neutrogena.

This stung my eyes like crazy and even after using two cotton balls for each eye I still have mascara left behind. The packaging is great, too bad it doesn't work for me at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Ooh I feel better that other folks aren't crazy about it - I thought it was just me or I was doing something wrong. On the upside, it doesn't irritate my eyes. Shame it is rubbish at removing the makeup - and I don't wear much - typically one pale shadow all over, and chanel cake eyeliner and dior catwalk mascara. It takes a good old scrubbing to get everything off, but eventually the pad comes clean and I think I'm done and got my eye makeup off. But the next day I notice little flakey black bits precipitating from my lashes, oops, guess I didn't get it all, have another go with the remover. And then that night, same again. I can get eyemakeup fallout three days after wearing makeup, after using this to - I thought - remove the makeup. So, I guess it's not really that effective.

This eye makeup remover is actually pretty good. Not as good as the Bi-Facil in my opinion, but it does it's job better than the drugstore removers. I agree with the people below--it's easier to remove mascara after you wash your eyes with water. The cold cleansers work too, but I don't like messiness. I'll be repurchasing this when it runs out!