October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Elemyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never had a problem with creasing. My makeup artist, however, said that I should wear eyeshadow primer because it makes a difference. I started with this one, and I gotta say...I now have a creasing problem. The color is a nice matte skin tone, but that is the only thing I like about this product. It automatically shows creases, and I'm pretty sure that's not what it's supposed to do.

I'm not going to buy again...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! I didn't think I needed a shadow base until I used the baked Hard Candy shadows. I loved the colors, but they creased after a couple of hours! I picked this up at ULTA since they were out of TFSI (what I originally wanted to try) and I use it everyday, under both DS and HE shadows. It is darker than my skintone (I'm usually the lightest shade in fdtn, approximately NC15), but it blends out. I use a concealer brush to apply and blend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by KBoileau126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product on a whim. It was the last one and was in need of an eyeshadow base. I love it! The skin tone matches to my skin perfectly and goes on very smooth. It wears all day (even through my evening workout) and keeps my shadow in place. A little goes a long way with this when applied with a small concealer brush. I would reccommend this as an inexpensive reliable product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I still like this product but I just don't use it. I have a different eye shadow primer I use. It may work wonders for others but I didn't like it creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by upekkhaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was about to buy or swap for MAC Painterly but I came across this product and tried it out. So glad I did because it's great! Skin Tone is a tad on the warm side but doesn't appear too peach on me. It is a pretty good match for my light/med skin. It goes on smoothly with a concealer brush. I wear it alone for a fresh faced look but of course it serves well as an eyeshadow base too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by xxunavailablexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't like that "finger pot" packages. I have longer nails and it's quite uncomfortable. But with a brush, the application is OK. I take just a bit on the tip of a concealer brush and smudge it by fingers on my eyelids. I don't know if it works, because one time it's OK, my eye makeup looks like fresh almost all day and second time, it's like i haven't used it. I don't know how is this possible.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pulcherrima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is fine on this, but I find it hard to work with because my nails get in the way. And the price is very reasonable.

However, I'm not really a fan of this. I've tried using it in every way possible (thin layers, thick layers, setting it, etc. etc.), and it still does not keep my eyeshadow from creasing within an hour or two. It also does not keep my shadows from wearing off and fading. Not going to buy again, and I'm moving on to UDPP or TFSI.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used bases and primers for years. Before I used UDPP I was using Ultima ll. I saw this at Ulta and thought at buy one get one free on the entire line how could I lose?
It was under 5 bucks and it works!
I don't mind the pot. Less waste than UDPP. And a thin layer works best. In fact i like the consistency better than UDPP and it blends easier. It does set fast. It makes my shadows stay put all day like my Smashbox and UD, and it makes less pigmented shadows stand out, like my cheapy Ulta shadows.
Overall, I would continue to buy this and will experiment with the different colors to try. I am wanting to try the pearl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have very oily eyelids, so i like to use a tiny bit of this under my normal primer (bare study paint pot) and it tends to keep my shadows staying crease-free for longer than if i weren't to use it. blends easily &i have nothing negative to say about it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I own both this and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and I prefer to use the NYX base, although they are very similar.

I like how creamy this is and how well it applies. The paint pot is very hard to work with IMHO.

Also, when I use the paint pot, it makes my eyeshadow look very scaly, and the NYX base does not do that.

Overall - like it much better than MAC and it is a fraction of the price.