October 25, 2014 | 1664 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkxbubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pastel sea foam green. It's thick and is very opaque. I love it and will repurchase. It looks so good against my skin tone especially when I'm really tan in the summer. It always gets me a million compliments.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was disappointed in this shade. It's extremely streaky and the way the color looks in the bottle is very deceiving as well as the name. I was expecting more of a mint chocolate chip ice cream color on my nails. This color changes in different lighting. In darking lighting it looks more of the mint green shade and in brighter lighting/ outdoors it looks aqua and more like a robbin egg blue shade. I had lots of compliments on it. Whenever I asked people what color they thought it was I recieved both answers light blue and mint green more people said light blue though. I like to match my nails to my outfits so I'm not a huge fan of this shade although it is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I really love this color. I always look at my nails when I wear this color. It is just so eye catching. It's a light mint/blue. Almost like a brighter version of seafoam. Two coats and you are opaque. The formula is great on this essie polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kadbeauty

Love this polish! I don't personally own it but get it on my toes almost every time I get a pedi. It looks beautiful with a tan (faux, of course!) and isn't too loud or anything so you won't have to worry about it looking weird with your outfits. I notice that the beauty technician has to almost work at getting the color to spread evenly and there are very tiny air bubbles when it is dry, but it's such a beautiful color I'm willing to work with it. I'm looking to buy it, I can't find it anywhere near me since it is in such demand! Love it, great color by Essie :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This nail polish is great. The formula in my bottle is not thick at all and is definitely not goopy, it's more on the thin side but not TOO thin. It's pretty much the perfect nail polish consistency. The color is beautiful and whenever I paint my nails this color I get compliments like crazy! It is a lovely mint green color that's actually more on the blue side than the green. It's sort of like, robin egg blue. Love it! It's a bit expensive but not as much as OPI or Butter London nail polishes!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SmallerFries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The application of this nail polish was somewhat of a nightmare. It was really thick and goopy making it nearly impossible to put it on the nails neatly. It's also really streaky but mostly fixable by the second coat. The color is also more of a robin blue color than a light green and a little too chalky for my light coloring. I probably would not repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jules89

OMG! I think I'm in love! This shade of green is gorgeous! Originally, I didn't think this color would look good with my tan, and was even debating between this and turquoise & caicos' but ended up with mint candy apple.I believe this shade is one of those colors that's truly flattering for every skintone. Although the consistency is a little runny at first, after 2 coats of color and a topcoat, the results are beautiful. Definitely recommended as a fun summer color!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Missapoo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS
-best mint color (bluer than most)
-creamy look
-opaque
-non streaky
CONS
-none that I can think of yet!
This is my go-to all-time favorite polish. I got this baby 2 years ago when it first came out, before the whole pastel/mint colored nail polish craze happened. I was in love, and still am. I also own china glaze for audrey, and 2 other mint colors but I always come back to this one and I get the most complements on it as well. This polish made me love essie as well. Never streaky and comes in great colors. Plus, I live out in the country where the only stores we have are target and walmart (we just got a marshalls!!) so its wonderful that essie is sold in target, even if its only limited.
wonderful!!

updating this: i just bought a second bottle bc i believe they are discontinuing this soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by totallytriple

Must buy. Again, most essies aren't extremely cheap so I rated it in between price wise but everything is perfect about this nail polish. It's rare to find but this essie nail polish is again perfect for everything

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by WhiteRoseSerenity

Mint Candy Apple from the Winter 2009 Sweet Time of the Year collection by Essie is a pretty pastel mint green. Formula-wise it's very thin and needs three coats to become opaque; this has the tendency to pool in your cuticle if you aren't careful. It's a very unique mint, not too chalky but it is not too buttery either. Like an old fashioned peppermint from the early 1920s, it is a 'creme de menthe', not too yellow or too blue and very eye catching. I don't have a mint anything like this one in my vast collection. It's a love. And even though Essie claims it's LE it seems to be in the permanent collection in all the Ultas and salons I frequent. A must have. Only downside is the thin formula, but that can be forgiven once this polish is on your nails.