July 29, 2014 | 1090 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer spf15

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by juliaweech

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this like 2 or 3 months ago because i do not have a mother figure in my life and am scared to try foundation cuz idk how to use it. i did not read any reviews beforehand. the price was fine because in the box it looked quite big. once i got it out it looked quite small. it worked great i only used a dab on all the spots on my face and evened it out. about 3 weeks into the product it all of a sudden changed into this oily liquidy separated concoction. i mix it up and for the ammount of time i have it in my hand it starts to separate. its completly different product from when i first cought it. also i notice i have used like 3 quarters of the product idk how in the world i have used this much product and this fast i also use it like 4 out of 5 days (depending on wat coverage i need) i sometimes just wear concealer and a mousterizer. idk wat happend but i also notices pimples at my hairline.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by teedeexx

BACKGROUND INFO: So I bought this tinted moisturizer during the summer. I was looking for a tinted moisturizer and did a ton of reviews, trying to look for the one with the most coverage. I'm a high schooler and I do have a little acne. I have pimples and bumps on my forehead and I was trying to cover that for the school year. Besides that I have pretty nice skin; the rest of my face is acne-free. I have combination skin, a little oily on my forehead and nose but normal on my cheeks. While I was reading through reviews on here for tinted moisturizers, I was deciding between Physicians Formula Healthy Wear, Cover Girl Smoothers, and Hard Candy Sheer Envy. I decided to pick this one since there were mostly positive reviews and it seemed like this one gave good coverage.

PRODUCT INFO: I got this tinted moisturizer in Fair because people with the same skin tone on her said that's what they got. I don't have any MAC so I can't tell for sure, but I think I'm a NC20-NC25. Fair is a little too light for me though. My sisters told me that I look like a vampire when I wear it, haha. People say light and medium are pink-toned and fair and tan are yellow-toned. I'm sure that it will match me more in the winter though. I'm still pretty tan from the summer. This tinted moisturizer cost $8 at Wal-mart. It has 1.6 oz. I thought it was pretty expensive since the tube is really small. It has SPF 15 in it, which is good because I don't use sunscreen daily. The packaging is really cute. It has these designs that remind me of Urban Decay and Kat Von D.

COVERAGE: I was really happy with this tinted moisturizer. It gave me just enough coverage to make me happy. It covers redness pretty well and has a pretty matte finish. I think it controls oil pretty well. I don't feel my forehead getting oily when I wear it at all. It didn't cover all of my pimples, but it made them look less red so that's okay. I didn't expect it to cover my acne anyways. I was really surprised with the coverage and am really happy with it. This stays on my face all day! It has nice staying power. I usually put it on at like 8 AM and wear it unto like 9 PM. I don't feel it coming off unless I'm like sweating in PE or something. But of course, I don't use a powder or anything. It didn't break me out or anything, but I noticed pimples popped up on the edges of my face where I probably didn't cleanse my face well enough. But it was okay and didn't bother me enough to hate the product.

APPLICATION: The consistency of this is like a cream. It's not a liquid at all, which can make it kinda hard to blend. It's really thick and creamy. The product is in a tube so you can squeeze it out. I usually squeeze a tiny pea-sized amount on my hand and use my fingers to put a little bit on the parts of my face. Then I use my hands to spread it out and blend it in. I think using your hands with this product would be best because it's just easier. I haven't tried using any other tools though so I can't compare the applications for those. A little bit goes a long way with this product. I sometimes squeeze out too much and then all that product goes to waste.

EDIT: This isn't really an edit because I'm posting all of this at once, but I'm going to say what the tinted moisturizer is like, now that it's been 3 months. I used this product every single day for at least two months. I really really loved it, until something happened to the consistency. After one month, I noticed a change in the product, similar to what other people on MUA were saying. But I didn't listen to them, I just thought that they had a bad batch or something. The consistency of the product has become really oily. There are lines on the tube that I think are oil or something. It's really disgusting and oily. Instead of that thick cream that it used to be, it became this oily, liquidy cream. When I squeeze it on my hand, there's an oily residue under the product. It's really disturbing that I've been putting something made of oil on my face every single day. Like I said before this product didn't break me out, but now that it's become this oily liquid, I think it has. But maybe it's because I haven't been getting enough sleep due to homework and I switched my cleanser, so I'm not sure. Also, my tube is like half-full now! I probably squeezed out too much at times but still! It's only been 2-3 months!

BOTTOM LINE: I really liked this product. Although it was my first tinted moisturizer, I thought it was going to be my Holy Grail. It gave me good coverage and I was really pleased with it. However, now that the product has become really oily and disgusting, I'm not sure I like it as much. I'll probably try to use it as much as I can before it separates even more but I think I will try a new tinted moisturizer after this. Partly because I want to try new products but also because I don't want this to happen again. Nonetheless, I said I would buy this product again because I just might, some time later in the future. Do I recommend this? Yes, but hopefully what happened to mine doesn't happen to yours. Just keep in mind that what happened to mine has happened to several other people too.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ashton

This tinted moisturizer looks very natural on your face and is very easy to blend and apply

As far as wear goes, it does not stay on for long even with a primer. It also seems to be very runny and watery, even when I shake the bottle. Although I am aware it is a tinted moisturizer, it seems to have zero affect on my skin. I also don't like the consistency at all.

It might be ok for someone who has near perfect skin and doesn't need any extra "boost" but I definitely won't be repurchasing any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I generally do not use tinted moisturizers. I find they all leave my face oily, and don't provide decent coverage- however, when I stumbled upon this line (Canada was taking its sweet time to start carrying Hard Candy)....I decided to try it. My skintone is NC20-25 (neutral/slightly yellow undertone) and I chose the shade 'Fair' since it had no pink or peach undertones. By itself, this covers moderately....you would still need some concealer under your eyes if needed and on any blemishes if required. Anywho, I applied this and by itself- its alrite, but nothing to write home about- However I decided to mix this with my Estee Lauder Double Wear, and it made ELDW much more sheer and better for more laid back days! This is also worked great in combination with my Revlon Colortsay. Another plus is that does dry to a semi-matte finish, so if your setting with powder, you won't get oily from this. All in all, I do like this alot- and it has beat out many other TM I have tried. I'm ecstatic that we got Hard Candy in Canada, it seems like a great line. This only cost me $7.98 which is so reasonable- it even comes in a squeeze tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by nonliquet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I broke down and ordered this from Wal-MartÖthe only product Iíve ever bought from that company everÖand I freaking love it. Iím MAC NC37-42, LM t/m in Almond, LM mmu in Pure Honey, and I wear HCís Sheer Envy t/m in Tan. I love the texture as itís lightweight and almost mousse-like. Unlike my Laura Mercier t/m which gives me a dewy look, Sheer Envy has a Satin-like finish that provides enough coverage to even out my skin tone, yet itís sheer enough to look as if Iím not wearing anything at all. Looks best when I apply it with a damp sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Our differences practically guarantee this won't work for everyone, but it works beautifully for me!

My skin is lightly lined, very dry, but overall quite good. This TM makes my skin luminous and even, as pretty (or prettier!) than the HE foundations I've used. I'm medium-colored with cool undertones, and the "Medium" worked well for me.

Definitely would *not* recommend this for oily or combination skin-types, and the color selection is woefully limited. If you have dry skin, though, and can make the color work for you, give it a try... about $8 at your local WalMart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I have nothing but rave reviews for this TM. Not only is it moisturizing and long-lasting, but it is also a great base for both liquid and powder foundations. There are very fine iridescent particles in the TM, but it is very hard to spot unless under direct sunlight and the person looking at you is nose-to-nose. This helps give your skin a flawless appearance, as the light reflects and brightens up any dark or sallow areas.

I am NC20 and purchased this in "Fair" and the colour blends in seamlessly with my skin. It has no pink or peachy undertones and leans towards yellow-neutral.

For a great dewy look, I like to wear this and set it with a powder and top with Hard Candy's Baked bronzer in Hula Hula.

I do like the tube-style packaging, as you can squeeze out whatever amount desired. I also like that it is clear, which makes it easy to spot when you're running low. My only gripe is the limited shades; I'm darker in the summer and there is no shade that matches me right now---either too pink or too dark. However, at such a reasonable price I may just buy a darker shade and mix with my lighter one.

This retails for $7.98 CDN at Walmart Canada.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really debated about reviewing this, as well as how many lippies to give it. Though the colour (Fair) was way too dark and slightly orange for my NW10-ish skin, after wearing around the house/playing with it off-and-on for a week, I could review it.

This didn't swatch much darker than my BB TM in Alabaster Tint on the back of my hand, so I was optimistic that I could blend it out. Even under setting powder (MAC MSFN) it was hopeless - there was no way I could work with this. It didn't seem to oxidize darker or more orange after wearing (though I began the triage looking like a Mystic Tan escapee) for a couple of hours. This product does seem to have a lot more coverage than I'd expect from a TM - much closer (IMO) to a sheer foundation than an actual TM. It did cover the residual redness around my nose, even without primer.

Now, perhaps I was overly optimistic rush-buying this as soon as I saw HC at Wal Mart in Canada, but after seeing a couple of fellow BB Alabaster's on Youtube wearing this and raving about it, I expected to be able to work with it. I know skintones vary from person to person, but was just too dark and pulled quite orange for it to work with my skintone. I did try to thin/sheer it out further with some Cetaphil Daily Lotion to see if that could help salvage the unfortunate colour-mismatch, but it didn't seem to help.

On the plus side, the actual product did not break my sensitive skin out, nor did it cause me to develop any rashes. It came out quite easily with both my shu A/O cleansing oil, and LRP Toleraine Dermo-Cleanse for Eyes, Lips and Face. I personally didn't notice the vague sunscreen smell some have complained about; it wasn't noticeable unless I stuck the package right up to my nostrils. Texture wise, it was a lot more gel-lotion like than I expected; far less liquidy than I've come to expect from a tinted moisturizer. Finish-wise, it was also more matte than I would expect or like from a TM, or even a foundation. There was no deweyness or radiance that I could really detect in the finish. Even if the colour match was there, I don't think this TM would really be HG for me - as a dewey/satin finish is one of the things I look for.

It certainly isn't a bad product - I experienced no irritation whatsoever. It's only the second TM I've tried, but again, even if the colour match was there, I wouldn't rebuy. No hard feelings though; still a product worth trying if you can find a colour match. Handed it over to my mom who is darker and more freckly than I.

Other foundation matches are BB Skin Alabaster, BB TM Alabaster Tint, MAC Studio Fix PPF N3, Revlon PR 001 (too dark in winter). MUFE HD 110, F&B 36/38 are workable but all a smidge too pink. Concealers being Maybelline Dream Mousse 0-1 (slightly too deep), LM SC-1, MAC Sculpt NW15, YSL Touche Eclat No. 1.

ETA: Handed this over to my mother who has very dry, post-menopausal skin, with some freckles/sun spots, mild sun damage on the nose. She's about an NC20 in MAC, and this looks great on her and blends. Much better colour match on her, than I.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Kilikina616

I bought this product a few months ago and at first I really liked it. I would put it on after the HC SE Primer and then apply some mattifying powder, because by itself it was TOO shiny for my oily skin. A few weeks ago I went to put it on and I found that when I went to squeeze it out of the tube, I looked like cottage cheese the way that it clumped and then what came out of the tube was a lot of liquid and a clump of product. I don't know why it did this, so I shook it up, but it still came out separated like that. Now when I go to put it on my skin it takes FOREVER to work it into my skin and it feels like I'm wearing a slimy mask. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody and I kind of wish I could get my $6 back :-/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by TiffaniePeet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been on a search for a great tinted moisturizer forever. I wanted one that was sheet, yet still provided subtle coverage for the mild redness that sometimes appears on the apples of my cheeks and tip of my chin. This product does it! Finally, something that can provide sheer coverage, look completely natural, and feel absolutely weightless. Since my skin is oily, it is required to use some sort of powder over top (I use Maybelline Mineral Power pressed finishing veil) to help keep the shine down. The packaging is awesome - I absolutely love tubes. And the light tone matches my skin perfectly (seems to be a great neutral shade, and blends effortlessly)! I would have bought fair, but Walmart was out, good thing!
Not sure about any greasiness as it has only been an hour since application. Will have to update.
Definitely a repurchase for me!