January 31, 2015 | 1812 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Domed Bronzer Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this brush .. Up until the bugger completely fell apart. I take good care of my brushes and dont overuse this particular brush, so imagine my suprise when the entire bunch of fibers just fell off the handle, rendering this brush completely useless. I only had it for a few months too. Blah.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

UGH OMG :( I am SO on the fence about this brush.

When I first got it 3 months ago, I was obsessed with it. I still have an unopened back-up. But for some reason, even though I take gentle and proper care with this brush as I do my other ecotool brushes and makeup brushes from other brands, this one began shedding like CRAZY for the past month. Like if I gently grab the hairs, a bunch come out. Every single time. Like really? Come on.

I love how soft this brush is, and how it gives heavier coverage so I can cover up my acne a bit better, but I can't stand the constant shedding. I dont know if I should open my backup or return it and buy something else from ecotools because everything else I tried from them I loved. but this.......I don't know anymore :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by geraldin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush is so soft i used it for blending the bronzer and the blush.the makeup looks so flawless

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

5 days ago
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Many, many uses for this brush....

First, the construction of this brush is fantastic. Very sturdy and I personally like the fat handle. The bristles are about the softest I've felt and the price is cheap, but it is not reflective of the quality.

I have several of these....I use it mostly to apply my MSF. It's my final step when I'm going for a total flawless look. You don't need alot of product, the brush applies the msf perfectly.

I also have been using this to apply bronzer and surprisingly, cream blush! I love how this brush gently presses the product into my skin.

I highly recommend trying out all of the EcoTools products. They are a great company who provide high-end quality at the drug store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As with all Ecotools brushes I've tried so far, the quality of this is really good. The bristles are softer and nicer on the skin than many high end brushes I've tried. I find the bristles too dense to use with bronzer or blush so I really only use this for mineral powder foundation. This buffs in the powder really well giving a very smooth, flawless look. However, I find the brush too big for use on the face. It doesn't quite get into all the corners of the face around the nose and eyes and the size of the brush head doesn't make buffing a quick job for me. The size of the handle also makes using the brush tiring and not practical to travel with. I also find that I lose a lot of product within the dense bristles. For buffing mineral powder foundation onto the face, I find the Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki a much better brush as it's easier to handle and the flat edges making getting into nooks and crannies much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush based solely on reviews here, and it has filled a void I didn't know I had! It's a bit too soft and dense for applying my Bare Minerals foundation, but it is awesome for buffing. After I apply my foundation I apply my Laura Mercier mattifying powder (or J&J baby powder) to set my makeup (using a LM fan brush or Ecotools retractable kabuki brush). After I apply my blush, I buff, buff, buff with the bronzer brush, blending my blush and evening out my foundation. I'm not sure exactly what it does besides blending my blush, but it just seems my skin looks more finished than before - maybe because my finishing powder is being buffed in and isn't sitting on top of my foundation. I gave it a 1 for packaging because Ecotool brushes come in what's supposed to be reusable plastic pouches with a "ziplock" seal at the top of the pouch; however, when you open the pouch to pull out the brush, you're pulling on the bristles, and bristles get bent and pushed in the wrong direction and the brush is pulled out of the package. So, when I get a new Ecotools brush, I cut open the pouch at the handle end, and remove the brush by the handle. I'm destroying the reusable pouch, but it's better than ruining the brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by aceciul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Earth friendly, natural and recycled materials, cheap, good quality materials, synthetic so you can use it with liquids or powders... what else do we need in a brush? First I thought it was not good for bronzer, but it works well for that, for liquid or powder foundation or to remove excess powder. I really like it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i would definitely not use this for a bronzer , unless you want to apply bronzer all over your face .
this brush is great but not for what its manufacturer intended to be .
its just perfect for powder , goes on smooth , very smooth , no shedding , no bleeding , and it picks up perfect amount of powder .
it is incredibly soft for how cheap this is , as i've had high-end brushes which were a bit scratchy and not as soft as this one ( i am looking at you Calvin rubbish Klein powder brush )

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush, but not for bronzer. I use it to apply and buff liquid foundation. It has a large brush head and is densly packed. I've never had issues with shedding, the odd hair every now and then which isn't uncommon for dense facial brushes. It's easy to wash and it isn't difficult to get all the product out of it.

I got about 3 years of use out of my first one of these. After that, it essentially began falling apart. I definitely got my money's worth out of it and it was inexpensive enough to make it easy to replace.

The negatives: the handle is a bit awkward, it's too thick. I don't know why they couldn't have given it a more tapered design, it's the only brush in the collection with a handle like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This is the makeup brush I have the MOST affection for. I bought it nearly a year ago and I'm still very much in love with it! The bristles are faux of course and unbelievably soft! It feels like heaven gliding across your face. The feel is comparable to high end brushed that go for 3 to 4 times the price of this. I can really get behind this brand's philosophy, what they stand for, and the sustainable materials they use to make their brushes. My bronzer goes on so beautifully with this and it blends color into my face perfectly! Sometimes I use it even for powder, it feels that good!