September 2, 2014 | 1644 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Domed Bronzer Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i would definitely not use this for a bronzer , unless you want to apply bronzer all over your face .
this brush is great but not for what its manufacturer intended to be .
its just perfect for powder , goes on smooth , very smooth , no shedding , no bleeding , and it picks up perfect amount of powder .
it is incredibly soft for how cheap this is , as i've had high-end brushes which were a bit scratchy and not as soft as this one ( i am looking at you Calvin rubbish Klein powder brush )

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush, but not for bronzer. I use it to apply and buff liquid foundation. It has a large brush head and is densly packed. I've never had issues with shedding, the odd hair every now and then which isn't uncommon for dense facial brushes. It's easy to wash and it isn't difficult to get all the product out of it.

I got about 3 years of use out of my first one of these. After that, it essentially began falling apart. I definitely got my money's worth out of it and it was inexpensive enough to make it easy to replace.

The negatives: the handle is a bit awkward, it's too thick. I don't know why they couldn't have given it a more tapered design, it's the only brush in the collection with a handle like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This is the makeup brush I have the MOST affection for. I bought it nearly a year ago and I'm still very much in love with it! The bristles are faux of course and unbelievably soft! It feels like heaven gliding across your face. The feel is comparable to high end brushed that go for 3 to 4 times the price of this. I can really get behind this brand's philosophy, what they stand for, and the sustainable materials they use to make their brushes. My bronzer goes on so beautifully with this and it blends color into my face perfectly! Sometimes I use it even for powder, it feels that good!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by eden788

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such a great brush... extremely dense, really easy to put a bronzer on my face evenly with it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful, soft, high quality brush & has replaced three brushes in my kit. I use it to apply my mineral powder foundation, a little bronzer/BE Warmth & my dusting of MUFE Microfinishing powder. I've washed it many times with baby shampoo & it stays together perfectly. It is dense, so be ready for it to take a bit to dry. At first I was a little leary that it is so big, but being that it has replaced several brushes & is just so luxurious on the skin all is forgiven. I like the flat bottom handle - it makes it easy to set down on the counter without the brush touching anything. This brush is truly one of my favorite make up purchases ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lol. Why I am not surprised by how many people love this brush? And why am I not surprised people DON'T use this for applying bronzer? Oh yeah... Because It's freaking HUGE! And SO soft and fluffeh!

I bought this online because I wanted a bronzing brush, but when I got in the mail, tore the box open like I was possessed or something, and finally had it in my hands... I noticed the size and was all like "wtf? what is this monster?" But then I touched the bristles and my god, it was love at first touch. I didn't even try it out with bronzer on as I would end up looking like Snookie with my small features, but this is just perfect for my mac mineralize skinfinish or other finishing powders. I guess it works with loose mineral foundation too, but I needed a smaller and flatter brush for that job for ultimate control. But still, I keep reaching for this brush almost everyday! It's gentle on the skin, it's quite dense, and best of all - it does not bleed. At all! And for the prize, that's simply amazing.

I'm curious to how this is compared to the Samantha Chapman brushes seeing as they are quite similar in prize, but I'm surprised if they can beat this fantastic thing. Buy one, heck: buy two! You'll love it. Even the most picky makeup guru will be pleased with purchasing this baby.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't beleive that I didn't own this brush. I kept seeing the reviews so I thought for 8.00$ I must give it a try.
It is sooooooo soft and luxerious. Did I spell that right?
To me it seems a little bulky for bronzer. (I have a mac brush that I am pretty satisfied with for that). ..So, I use it at the very end of my application so just buff, buff, did I say buff. And blend any missed edges. I am loving it. I think everyone should have this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love ecotools brushes. I think they stand on their own - they aren't super luxurious like Hakuhodo or Suqqu, but for the price - sometimes I feel like they outperform some commercially available brushes that have a much larger price tag (e.g. some lackluster MAC face brushes, Smashbox/EL/Clinique/NARS brushes). They're also great if you are allergic or easily irritated by the fibres in animal hair brushes (I had atopic dermatitis as a child, and as a result I have occasional sensitivity flare ups that are irritated by goat or animal hair brushes). I don't exclusively use them; I have a mix of ecotools, MAC, Hakuhodo and even some random ones from Korean makeup companies, like Missha, which I test and research before adding to my arsenal.

That being said, this bronzer brush is a welcome addition to my collection - I don't really use bronzer, except as an all over face powder when I have self-tanner on for dance competitions (I darken to about NC 35/40 using an airbrush tan), and even then I use a fluffier brush to sheerly dust it on, so I reach for this more as a long-handled kabuki for buffing in mineral powders (for sun protection purposes in the summer), or for blending out harsh edges after I use an angled cheek brush to contour. The taklon bristles are very dense, soft, and don't shed at all (my MAC face brushes with the black natural hairs shed or break off a quite a bit after a couple of years - maybe it's time to replace), and the bamboo handle is nice and sturdy.

The only downside of the brush is that it is kind of bulky (but not as ridiculous as the NARS Botan) and that it takes some effort to clean & dry it compared to natural haired brushes which are a bit easier to clean. However, it's much better than the Quo Professional bronzing brush, or the Smashbox bronzing brush, which are both sheddy and kind of scratchy. I don't think it's all that great for bronzing per se, but for other uses, it's really a great brush. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Cutiepie0816

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great buy! Great for face powder and very soft. Im always up for a good find......its worth the money people if your looking for a great powder brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This brush is amazing. I have a MUFE kabuki and I never use that because this is softer and larger. I use it to apply powder and blend my makeup. I would definitely buy this again.