Rimmel Volume Flash The Max - Extreme Black 003

2.9

on 4/1/2010 9:57:00 AM

I love this mascara! I'm a sucker for mascara, especially Rimmel's so I always try the new ones when they come out. I used to use Glam Eye's all the time until I tried this. I love this on it's own, it makes my eyelashes full and thick (I'm grateful to already have long eyelashes) and when I want to make it a little more dramatic, I put a little Glam Eye's Flirt on the ends to make my lashes a little longer. Terrific mascara!

on 3/27/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is just ok. It does clump quite a bit, even when it is brand new. It does seem to get a little bit better after a couple weeks. I have naturally long eyelashes so for me I was looking more for something that would seperate and not clump as opposed to volume. This did an okay job, but I still prefer lashblast.

Scary, I have five.. thin lashes when I have it on.

I really like this mascara b/c it is like COver Girl Lash Blast. Ever since I've been using the CG mascara, I can;t find anything else I like. I bought the Rimmel b/c it has a fat brush like CG and was on sale and I had coupon. I love it!! I am waiting on Cover Girl Lash Blush Luxe to come out though, so this is waht I will be using till then. It isn't wet when I put it on, it doesn't clump, although it looks clumped on the brush when I take it out, and it doesn't run. No complaints!

on 3/24/2010 1:23:00 AM

I used to love this mascara untill I discovered L'Oreal extrme Volume Collagen. This Rimmel one gives some sense of volumizing effect. It doesn't clump.

I won't recommend this product because I love the effect of L'Oreal extra Volume Collagen far better.

on 3/22/2010 5:22:00 PM

This is one of the best mascara's i have ever used in my life! I own about 20 different mascara's and this is my newest one and I use it every single day. I am in love with it. It's brush seperates my lashes perfectly, and it is just quickly becoming my favourite mascara of all time!

on 3/21/2010 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a pretty good daytime mascara. It does lengthen my lashes pretty good, not so great at volumizing. I will continue to use it for a natural look, but wouldn't repurchase. Sigh - another drugstore mascara bought that just doesn't cut it!!

on 3/16/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Great everyday mascara. I usually use either L'Oreal Voluminous or Maybelline Full N' Soft and I decided to give this a try. It's about $2 cheaper than my other mascaras and it does it's job. it's not THAT fantastic and the brush is not the biggest ever. I've seen bigger (ie., Bad Gal - now THAT'S a big brush) and it works great for me. I have been using it for about 2 months now - I will need to get more b/c it's almost at the max life span of mascara and I will definitely repurchase. It makes my lashes full and does a good job of not clumping, as long as I don't use more than 2 coats- then it's a nightmare -- Tammy Faye all over the place. Other than that, great product.

on 3/15/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow! I don't think I have ever seen a bigger MESS in my life! The ONLY positive thing is that it is indeed, a super dark black. But, it is still completely unusable. I was super excited to try it, and kept finding it sold out at Target. When I finally got to try it, I was soooooo disappointed. It's a complete liquid MESS. It is super super wet and runny. I tried to apply just one stroke and there was mascara instantly covering both my top and bottom lids. You try another stroke and all the lashes start instantly clumping together. I just tried it again today just to check one more time before I toss it, and this time I tried blotting the excess off the brush first. Nope! It still went EVERYWHERE! If I had been applying it to leave the house, I would have had to do my entire eye over again from scratch! It is seriously BAD NEWS!!!!!!!

on 3/10/2010 9:35:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for about a month now. I love the brush and the application is pretty easy. It thickly coats my lashes without making them clump or look spidery. I wear 2 coats. However, my lashes always tend to lose their curl throughout the day. I do not like wearing waterproof mascara for normal day to day wear because i find cleaning it off generally damages my lashes. With that being said, I do think this is still a good drugstore mascara. Extreme Black is definitely black! I normally wear Lash Blast mascara, however I think I would repurchase this again. I find this more dramatic than Lash Blast in terms of volume of my lashes. It also provides decent length.

Popular Mascaras