August 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well... let's see. I like the variety of colors, even though it's only the darker ones that show up. The lighter colors, as usual, don't really show up on me and I'm not going to pretend to be surprised. I suppose for the price I got what I paid for, and I wasn't expecting more. Some of the pans come out and slide around the case when I put it away which is really annoying as it chips the other ones and I end up with multicolored everything. The shadows are easy to blend, and they do last the whole day, but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by jessicahonig2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this pallette even though I do not use it very often. I have done swatches of a few of the colors and the colors are very pigmented and true to the color. They have a very long lasting wear, however I use them after applying a cream color or a primer. The downfalls are probably the size of the pans(no bigger than a dime), and the packaging. The size of the pans are small and if you find a color you really love and then use all of it up you cant buy it individually or can't find a good dupe for it. And my pallette the part with the mirror comes detatched often and wont stay on so I have to remove the top entirely when I use it. Overall, it is a very good pallette good for nights out and ppl who don't want to spend a lot for makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mikahsteele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really loved this palette when I first received it. I was surprised by how small the eye shadows were (maybe dime sized), but I've since come to the conclusion that these 88-palettes are really more for us to sample what Coastal Scents has to offer (IMO, that is not confirmed by anyone).

I would not repurchase this item because I can not imagine using up most of the colors in it, even in my lifetime. However, I would absolutely recommend everyone purchase this and the shimmer palette. Some of the colors in it are so different and interesting, you will use them once and not again and for that it is well worth the money. For example, Halloween, you will probably want to use some really dramatic colors (red, green, super orange, bright-bright pink, etc.) I wouldn't want to purchase three of four individual eye shadows when I could purchase this for the same amount (if drugstore) or for way less (when comparing to MAC). Some of the colors are not super pigmented and you may have to layer but every color is very easy to work with, at least the colors that I've used so far, which is at least 75% of them.

While I am very happy with the selection of colors you have to choose from in this palette, it is really lacking blue (dark and light) colors and light purples.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lauramccrocklin7850

The Coastal Scents 88 color matte palette is worth the money in my opinion! The colors are very pigmented and come off very smooth. Some of the colors have sheen but are not over glittery like the 88 shimmer palette. A couple of the pans fall out of place sometimes but it is nothing that a little super glue can not fix. If you are someone that is just starting your makeup collection and you do not have a lot of money, I would definitely invest in one of these!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by kristinq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The colours are nice and surprisingly pigmented though they don't have a great lasting power. You need a primer.

I have seen people really passionately hating this palette on MA. I don't understand. This is a cheap palette that doesn't suck. Yes there are some of the shadows that are a bit chalky... but on the whole I am happy. Don't be afraid of the cheap. It's not mac, it's not bobby brown, it's not MUFE, but it is also not bad.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by milkeeway247

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i stopped using my MAC e/s and piggies after purchasing this. all the colors i could ever want in the convenience of one palette. the pigmentation is great (and i don't even use primer). when i first opened it, i was a bit disappointed at the dime-sized shadows, but i've barely made a dent in them though i've been using them for a year now. + the darkest brown is a perfect color to fill in my brows.

i'm probably going to buy the warm palette next. can't go wrong with the price and quality of Coastal Scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by DramaticMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought that I would review the Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette. I first heard about this palette when watching makeup tutorials from guru's on Youtube. Ever since I saw it, I knew that I was going to love it. And it did not disappoint!

I was very excited when I received my palette in the mail, I just couldn't wait! There are 88 highly pigmented eye shadows that come in this palette. You can purchase the matte/satin, or the ultra shimmer palette, and there is almost every colour that you could possibly think of! They are very beautiful and pigmented when used with a good eye shadow primer, and they blend very well! I was very impressed.

Unfortunately the shadows are, well, as small as a dime, but with the price you can't go wrong! These palettes are also circulating around Ebay for much higher prices since Coastal Scents originally did not have their logo on their palettes. I believe that credit should go to CoastalScents.com because they are the original makers of these these wonderful impressive quality palettes, and their hard work definately shows!

I highly recommend this palette to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

This is a great palette. The price can't be beat. And the colors are so great and pigmented. Can't wait to buy the neutral palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by yy4digit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own the Coastal Scents 88 Original palette and have to say for $20 - 30, I would definitely purchase this again. Let's talk about the packaging. There is enough product in there to last you a lifetime, and the packaging is so easy to take with you traveling! The colours are SO pigmented, and I mean, come on! The price is so cheap! For 88 COLOURS?! I bought a palette for two of my cousins! They love it! They have a variety of colours, from whites and grays and blacks, to reds,pinks,oranges,yellows,purples, blues, greens, and neutral colours! The neutrals are great for every day neutral eyes, and the whites, grays, blacks, silvers are great for smokey winter eyes. And the rest, are great for summer or spring colours. They have enough matte colours, and enough shimmery colours. So it's definitely not overwhelming on the eyes and doesn't make you look like a disco ball. Nor, does it make you look too chalky with the matte colours. Very easy to mix and match, very pretty, and very blendable! Five stars!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by bobo36

i actually bought my palette on Ebay but its the same as the one from coastal scents.. it is a super great palette. sooo much colors and combinations possible. you can literally create any look with just this palette. it can be a little overwhelming for beginners, but with practice it becomes easier. just play around with it. you can make from, daytime,everyday simple look, to elegant and complex look for night time,clubbing,etc.. a must for make up lovers. recommend that palette. if you like make up with more shine you can purchase the 88 shimmer palette as well.