September 2, 2014 | 1719 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the colors in this set and i love the fact that it comes w/ travel size liners and the udpp! it's a great product overall! Not all the shadows have a shimmer to it which makes it great since i don't like too much shimmer and it has a great selection of colors. I just wished it came in a easier to travel container... since it's already a set i wouldn't want to depot and put them in a larger case.. but overall great shadows, easy to blend and very nice on!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

I love this eye palette. The colors are amazing and for such a great price. You really cannot go wrong with it because you get the two pencils, the primer potion, and 12 shadows for 50 bucks. The other Urban Decay palettes cannot compare to this one because you do not get as much for your money. If you love fun bright colors, this is the way to go

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this pallate because it contains all the tools you'd need to create neutrals, and fun looks, also includes a black and brown eyeliner along with primer. The only color I don't particularly care for is the 'Midnight Cowboy rides again' because it's too glittery for my taste. Also, the liners are not as good as I expected them to be; which is the main reason I bought the pallate. However, I don't regret buying this, it's well worth the 50 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

I've been using this palette for a few weeks now and I am loving it even more each time. The colors on here are GORGEOUS! I tried so many color combinations and haven't run out yet! My favorite colors have got to be jinx, flipside, homegrown, sphynx, and ecstasy. I've use this palette so many times and it still looks as full as the day I got it. It is a great deal. It comes with a mini UDPP and 2 24/7 e/ls. I would totally buy this again but I won't be finishing this palette anytime soon. I notice a few negative comments about the packaging. I personally like the packaging. Comes with a pretty big sized mirror and a look book.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Hotcop67

Love at second Sight for me, I say second because I fell in love with the first Book Of Shadows last year. I am a devout Urban Decay user. I have always loved the texture and great pigmentation that the shadows have. The primer is the best I have ever used and I can wear the eyeshadow all day and night without the slightest crease. This new Book lives up to the UD name and would buy it a thousand times over!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by n2l2m

I love love love the colors in this book! Yes, they are all shimmery or glittery, but they are great colors with a good variety in the palette (pink, blues, green, purples, browns). The only thing that bugs me is that midnight cowboy rides again and nylon have shimmery pigments that tend to fallout when applying and they won't brush away! It's like once they land, they are stuck. lol. So I make sure I do foundation after shadow or I hold up a tissue under my eye to catch the fallout. Also, the packaging is kinda weird, as you have to pull out the shadow drawer. I wish you could open it and see the shadows, like a normal palette and not have to pull it out like a drawer, but that's definitely NOT a deal breaker! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by madametrista

Okay, I just got this, and I have to say that this is probably one of the best and most useful eyeshadow palettes that I have ever bought! I love the mix of shades-you have your neutrals, your brights, some smokey shades, and a good purple. I also love how you have the liners and the primer right in there, because you need to have the good basics to go along with the palette. Shade-wise, the only real dud is Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. Jinx, Homegrown, and Misdemeanor-the bottom three shades that are new-are all amazing. Those and Sphynx are ones that I would buy in single form if UD ever puts them out that way. I'd been wanting to get Ecstacy for awhile, and I don't mind having yet another Half-Baked and Twice-Baked because those, for a neutral-hating bright lover like myself, are actually very useful.

The main reason why I am only rating it a 4 though is the packaging. Granted, I buy it mainly for the product and not the packaging, but at the same time, I do have some expectations. The drawer with the shadows is not smooth in the slightest, in fact it tends to stick. A lot. The top part, the flip-up, also sticks a lot. I do love how the shadows are kept in the drawer, to not mess up the mirror, and I love the peacock feathers. At the same time though, the drawer sticking is a huge sticking point for me. It just feels...I don't know, sort of cheap to me. That's why I had to rate it down, because even though the product inside is great the housing isn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this palette in the mail today and I love it so much. All the colors are so wonderful, the new ones as well as the old ones. Urban Decay eyeshadows are highly pigmented, long lasting, easy to apply, and go on very smooth. Most of the shadows in this book of shadows are shimmery, but the black one (perversion) is matte and some are super glittery like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. I love the travel size of the primer potion because I have the full size as well, but this one is nice and portable for my purse. It makes shadows appear super intense, last longer, and stay crease free all day. The 24/7 liners in Zero (black) and Bourbon (dark brown) are super creamy and glide on very smooth. I have full sizes of both of them, but it's always nice to have backups for travel. Some of my favorite colors from this palette are AC/DC, Gunmetal, Sellout, Mushroom, and Sphynx. I have Mushroom (grey) and Sphynx (light pink with glitter) in the cream shadows and I love putting them on underneath the powder version of the color. I also like Jinx and Flipside, they make great eyeliners for a gorgeous pop of color. This book of shadows has a nice range of colors from neutral to dramatic to bold. It is so versatile that you can use it to create a subtle, daytime look or a smokey night time look. I love urban decay eyeshadows and this book of shadows offers an amazing range. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by nettiepoo

I have never owned urban decay products, when looking @ the sephora ws i seen this GORGEOUS e/s pallate I just had to have it. So i ordered it an when it came i couldnt wait to use it.. I just stared @ it 4 awile, LOL. After using the e/s ( use 2 b BIG mac e/s fan)I just fell n love, sphinx is 2die 4!!! not 2 mention the 24/7 e/l an the cute little pp.Alls I can say is move over mac! BEAUTIFUL color pallate, usually when u purchase an e/s pallate they have a few nice shades w just meh fillers, BUT this one ROCKS!!! u gotta get it!! It IS the shiznit of eye pallets!!!! I would def. repurchase! and rec. 2 freinds an fam. I would rate it a 10 if I could!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by carlan80

except for the packaging which was way too bulky, I can say that this is by far better than any mac eyeshadow palettes.