April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this about 2 weeks now and I love it!!! I don't use a primer with it even though it says you should. I do get a little bit of fall-out at times but that doesn't matter to me, it might be due to the e/s that I am using. My e/s lasts and lasts and that what counts!!! Will buy again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has fast become my holy grail product of the year! Fyrinnae's site states that this is NOT an eye shadow primer, so you should still use a primer if your eyes are oily (mine are). I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance (or more recently UDPP Eden), then I apply this either with the doe foot applicator or a brush (depending on what I'm doing), and smooth it into a thin layer with my finger. I wait just a bit (about 45 seconds to 1 minute) for it to get tacky and then I apply my loose eye shadow. Be warned: Some mattes end up looking funky on this, it's really better with shimmer/duochromes. It makes my colors look like I foiled them! They're vibrant and amazing! This helps duochromes and colors with interferences to show up vibrantly. It's incredibly cheap too, at only $5 a tube. Give this a try if you love vibrant and shimmery color.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: At first I was excited to read about this new product. Then I tried it and though, "meh," because I was pretty satisfied with the shimmer payout of most of my shimmer-formula shadows. Then I bought a massive amount of shadow samples form indie manufacturers, who often add "interferences" or "overlays," and now I use Pixie Epoxy (PE) to make these subtle and often sophisticated additions actually show up on my lids! The trick to using this is to PAT the shadow on over it. This best preserves colors with complex sparkles! So, I don't use this product every day, but if a so-so color seems good enough use PE with to bring out its shyness, it really does the trick! It has saved a lot of "borderline" shadows for me.
Where did I buy this: Fyrinnae Web site.
Price: Only $5.00 for about the same size as an Ardell tube. You only need a little, so this will last a very long time (if it doesn't dry up on me first).
Packaging: Standard mascara-type tube with doe-foot applicator.
Would I buy again: Yuppers! I can't imagine being without it. continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!! 1) It makes the glitter in your shimmery shadows stick so you don't get glitter all over your face (Fyrinnae's Nori looks amazing with this), 2) It makes other shadows look like they're foiled when they are just applied dry, 3) It makes the overlay color come out a lot more (i.e., Fyrinnae's Anemone is blue with a gold overlay. The gold comes out much more over pixie epoxy.).

The first couple of times I used it, I didn't apply a super thick layer, but enough so that if felt tacky. The shadows stuck to it extremely well, but when I tried to blend them it would become splotchy. Then it would kinda ball up later in the day. Today I tried it again, only using the thinnest layer possible, (it didn't feel tacky to the touch) and it was great! The shadows still stuck really well, but I was also able to blend over it just fine! So just use the tiniest amount, and you'll love it. :)

It comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator, which I like because it doesn't make a mess like a squeeze tube would. The price is very reasonable -- $5 for the full size and $1.50 for a sample.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you love to wear loose sparkly eyeshadows this is a must have and it's super cheap too!! I loved Fyrinnae's loose shadows, esp Newcastle, but I would always get a little fallout and have to wet them to get them to look really good. This product takes care of that completely!! This makes colors go on super vibrant and stops the need to gently apply. Just swipe them on, brush them on, whatever. You *won't* get fallout and your shadow will look great all day. Every makeup lover needs this product and I won't be without it again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Pixie Epoxy. First thing you have to know about it though, is that it is not a primer. So, you girls that need a primer because of creasing, hold on to that primer u have and put this on top of that.
I love Pixie Epoxy because it gives eyeshadows an extra oomph. It gives them more color and vibrance. It also holds on to the shimmer and glitter better. So fallout throughout that day is gone. =)
I got it as a sample and man they got me to get the full-size. lol. I'm gonna love it when it gets here. =)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by horsefish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A tiny amount of this product makes sparkly/shimmery/metallic eye shadows so intense, it's almost scary...imagine the shine and brightness that your pigments have immediately after foiling, and you have the gist of what this "epoxy" does for sparkly shades. On more matte eye shadows, it seems to give an almost glossy/dewy effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by vanja

*** First of all, I want to let you know that I don't have a huge problem with eyeshadow creasing on me. I usually use a thin layer of foundation & powder as a primer and then follow with a creamy base and I have very little creasing. So although I say that this doesn't crease, it *might* do on you if your eyelids are very oily. ***

I received my sample of Pixie Epoxy four days ago so I've been using this for a couple of days now and I must say I love it! In fact, I've already ordered my full-size.

Pixie Epoxy is a somewhat sticky, clear gel. I apply it in a very thin layer (a little goes a very long way, I've found) and wait a couple of seconds for it to dry a little which gives it a tacky feel. Then I apply my loose eyeshadow dry on top of it. It doesn't have to be Fyrinnae eyeshadow, it can be any mineral type of eyeshadow, it gives the same effect with all brands I've tried.

It says on the Fyrinnae website that with this primer you can apply your eyeshadow in a brushing motion (as opposed to patting it on). I've found this to be true. In fact, I tried patting the eyeshadow on on one eye and brushed it on on the other and it looked the same on both eyes.

The effect it gives is amazing! It looks very shiny and sparkly (if your eyeshadow contains sparkles, that is) and the color goes on stronger and more vibrant than it would if I had applied it wet without the Pixie Epoxy. I love love LOVE it! Also, I wear my eyeshadow for about 10 hours and I haven't experienced any creasing whatsoever.

If you wear mineral eyeshadow (I know Fyrinnae says that they aren't a mineral makeup company, but still) on a regular basis, I think you need this product!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No