July 24, 2014 | 1951 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence with this foundation, it took me a long time to come to a final conclusion. Being a dry/combination skin gal, perhaps a heavy duty and long wearing matte foundation isn't the most ideal, however I do have those days where I do prefer a more "done up" look as opposed to using my NARS Sheer Glow and Clinique Even Better which offers a satin finish and natural dewy glow respectively. I currently am in the shade Caramel, I did use the word "currently" as my complexion alternates through seasons so at the moment I'm more of an NW43/45 which is ironic as my natural skin tone's an NC45 and it's winter... anyway, this foundation offers medium to full coverage and a matte finish, I often find that this looks a little too matte for my liking and just doesn't look natural, oilier skin types may enjoy the use of this however I'm a bit unsure about this one for myself. It has yellow undertones which is a plus as nowadays it's difficult to find cheap foundations for dark skintones that aren't red especially in the UK. It also has a pump dispenser which is fantastic however I don't usually use this a lot, not really a spirit lifter when I see it on to be honest haha. I usually stick to the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h when I want a matte finish, unfortunately this isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So i am starting to build up collection of foundations. I cannot find a shade that matches me correctly from drugstores. In the future im going to have invest some more on higher end foundations with more shades because this is ridiculous.

Anyways, to continue my rave/rant on this product, i will talk about the shades. There arent that many shades, about 7 or something? Anyways they run from light to deep shades but not many inbetween. My skin tone in between medium and dark with very yellow undertones. I have no hint of red or neutral undertones so finding foundations is a pain. I got this in caramel and it is too dark. I swatched medium but it was a shade to light. I could grab medium and mix it with caramel but i wont do that for other reasons that i will list later. Caramel has yellow and red undertones with makes orange. So i go from loooking like a simpson to looking like an oompa loompa. I have to mix it with my black Radiance color perfect foundation in the lightest shade Butterscotch (the only foundation i have that matches PERFECTLY). The reson why i bought superstay was so that i could stop mixing my foundation with the black radiance because the quality of it is poor. I have to mix them evenly which causes me to loose the staying power of superstay. It still turns out a bit dark but i correct it with powder

The lastng power of this is a bit dissapointing. it lasts about 6 hours on my oily combo skin. It wont hold up will in hot humid climates. I use loreal magic blah blah bah primer (its a long name....), elf mist and set, and elf hd powder. It look as flawless a it looks in the morning, but it still looks pretty good. There has not been anything to save me from my oily nose. After 4 hours the foundation is thin on my nose.

This foundation is good for normal to oily skin. It gets dry here in florida as winter is arriving. some areas of my skin get a bit dry, but ive had not problem with flakeyness. This hold up pretty good on my oily spots, but not as long as i would like it too. I think this wouldbe really great for normal skin though.

The coverage is meduim full. One layer covered most of my scars and blemishes and a second gives me almost full coverage. its not heavy unlike some medium full coverage foundations (im looking at you colorstay....). The reason why i wouldnt buy this again is because of the colorselection. But overall, i dont think this is a terrible foundation

EDIT (7/29/13):
I have tried a couple other foundations since using this. I stopped mixing it with the Black radiance foundation because that foundation is just terrible. you can see my review on that. I then uses a little bit of superstay and mixed it with loreal true match. it matched a little better. then i tried it with my MAC Pro long wear foundation and then i ended up mixing pro longwear, true match, and superstay just to get it to match. I got sick of it. So i no longer this. I use Nars Sheer Glow

Also, "Transfer Resistant" my a**!!! I think the whole name superstay is a big exaggeration for this product. It's very mediocre, it just did not live up to the claims

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I've been using this foundation religiously for over a year. I have severe acne, and after trying countless foundations, this is the longest lasting on my oily skin. I use over colorstay photoready primer, and under Maybelline dream matte powder. It's nearly full coverage, and although I have severe scarring and active breakouts, a thick layer of this usually suffices to cover my blemishes without concealer. It does stay on very well, through rain, kissing, etc. It does not crease easily at all. However...it has it's downfalls aswell. The final texture of this foundation is very, very matte. It doesn't make my skin appear youthful, or allow any natural glow to shine through. It does not build well. Once it dries, trying to add another layer (without very careful, time consuming blending effort) usually results in the bottom layer clumping together. It accentuates the fine hairs on my face. It dries my skin out (which is good or bad, depending on your skin type.) It clogs my pores (although less than many other foundations). I combat some of this by often mixing in some of a thinner, more luminous foundation or brightener, which helps. The bottom line is: this foundation stays, gives full coverage, and matches my skin tone perfectly (no pinkish-orange tints thankfully) , looks dry, clogs my pores and ages my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by britneylikeschicken

This was my first liquid foundation. I felt really washed out when I put this on even though the shade matched my skin tone. I dont know how to explain it but i just felt really cakey and ashy? The packaging is horrible and its very messy.
I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin too because it will make you look flaky and i found this foundation hard to blend. It left me with patches and streaks. Sorry to all those who are a fan of this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by bextxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this as my first liquid foundation quite some time ago now maybe the beginning of this year? When I went to the store I had previously done some research on foundation I might possibly buy and watched a video of Lisa Eldridge (who is an amazing make up artist btw) who said that if it was possible take a sample home of the foundation and try it on at home in daylight before purchasing. So I went to the store with my mum and took home four samples from the testers of different foundations in wee containers and I didn't know if we were allowed but oh well! I felt like this foundation had the best colour match.

Now that I've had it for much longer, I think the colour (I got True Beige) is a little too orange for my skin. Naturally the skin on my mid face around my cheeks is fairer than my neck, forehead and body so I tried to get something that matched with the darker parts of my skin. I think this colour is a little orange and in some lighting looks a little pink for my asian skin. I think this foundation would be good for normal/slightly oily skin because when I have a few dry patches on my skin from rashes that I get quite often on my face, the foundation sticks to the flakes of skin which thoroughly annoys me! haha I think this foundation is okay coverage wise but not terrible good. a birthmark on the right of my face is still quite visible and I mostly use this foundation as something that gives a bit of colour and life to my face as I said before that parts of my face are lighter. Overall an alright foundation but I'd like to find a better one thats still a reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was like the first foundation I used. It could be slightly orange but it stayed on and blended well. People told me it looked natural and on my face did not look orange. But to me it felt thick like a mask. I only need light coverage and I was much happier with my department brand lightweight foundation and was fine shelling out 35 instead of 10 to 12 for this because I don't wear foundation so often so it will last me a while. I hate feeling like a cake face so even if I did need to wear foundation daily I would splurge.

But if I needed ds foundation jn a pinch I would consider this although I might try other brands b

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

First off, let me start on the product claims:
-withstands heat, sweat, and humidity
-no-transfer: won't rub off
-flexible, breathable, all-day comfort
-oil free- non pore clogging
-suitable for all skin types

My experience:
i've been currently using maybelline superstay for about two weeks now and i must say, i wish i would've tried this earlier. for long wearing makeup, it does last for a while with minimal transfer. i wouldn't know if it lasts 24 hours like the bottle states because i only wear it for 9, but compared to other long lasting foundations i've tried such as revlon colorstay and estee lauder double wear maximum coverage, i like this better. this foundation is medium to full coverage, and will easily cover acne scars and acne without much trouble. this is great for me because i have lots of acne scarring from constantly picking at my face. As for oil control, it does fairly well in heat. i'm not going to lie, oil does shine through by the end of the day but it doesn't look disgusting or repulsive. it gives your skin a beautiful dewy look rather than sweaty and gross, and this is coming from a combo/oily gal who generally likes her foundation matte and flat. far as i can tell, no oxidation has occured either so that's a plus =] i have this in classic beige and i'm an nc30-35 in mac and creamy tan in estee lauder. i don't exactly know the price since this was a gift from the boyfriend but i think it's around 8-9 dollars, pretty cheap. If you're a fan of revlon colorstay but don't want the offensive smell and heavy/cake-like feeling then i highly suggest you try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Blondie0907

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on the search for a really great foundation for the last 3 years(since I've moved to humid southeast Georgia). I've tried drugstore, department store, liquid, powder, you name it and I keep finding myself repurchasing this foundation. It's the only foundation I've found so far that actually stays on my face through the humidity here and sweating and has yet to break me out like most foundations I've tried have. My choice for applying this is with a damp sponge and definetly using a moisturizer before hand. I do have oily skin and setting this foundation with a powder helps keep my face from getting super oily, although towards the end of the day I startlook just a little shiny but the staying power of this is great for me. It also coverages covers my acne scars and hyper pigmentation pretty well. The only thing i do not like about this is the pakage! A pump would make it so much better! But I will definetly stay with this foundation for quite awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this product, especially at the price point. This compares well to other matte, longwearing formulas. I love Estee Lauder DoubleWear, and some other foundations I like are Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +, & the Revlon CS Whipped Cream.

PERFORMANCE

This is the type of foundation I wear to work for flawless coverage. It holds up well through a long day of varied temperatures & conditions: sweating through the long, crowded walk from Penn Station to 45th St, freezing in an over-air conditioned conference room, nervous oily skin being grilled by a law firm partner over something that isn't my fault, etc.

Doesn't oxidize at all. That's notable, bc most foundations oxidize on my combo skin. I do notice that the performance has a lot to do w what you wear underneath. SuperStay has no ingredients that should oxidize. If it is oxidizing on you, I'd strongly recommend changing your moisturizer &/or primer.

APPLICATION
This blends on oily skin, but it dries fast. You must work in sections & really even it out.
ELF Powder Brush, or any dense, synthetic fiber flat-top kabuki is hands down the best way to apply SuperStay. You can hit a big area at once and blend it in fast & furious.
Fingertips or a classic foundation brush make it streaky/ uneven for me.

SHADE
Color match matters A LOT with an opaque, full coverage matte base like this. If it's right- you'll look flawless. If it's wrong, you'll look like you're wearing a mask or about to make your on-stage performance in the high school musical.

If you're NC/ NW 20+ you'll be ok, but note that there aren't really light shades & the 2 lightest lean very pink IMO.

MY COLOR...
is Sand Beige. 1 of the best color matches I've found.
This is unique for a drugstore shade.
It is a bit gold, almost leaning green instead of orange. You may think that sounds gross, but trust me- it's lovely for light warm tone skin. It also counters any pinkness or purple under eyes.
I'm NC 20/ 25, but I prefer the darker end of that range bc it covers better & flatters my yellow skintone + blonde hair. Also, like most ppl my face isn't all 1 color and I find it's better to match to your darker areas of pigmentation like forehead & nose rather than light areas like jawline/ neck (which is unfortunately how most makeup counters match you). If you match light areas, then the foundation will look too light over large pores on my nose & cheeks & pool up- yuck! This never happens wirh Maybelline SuperStay.

CONS
If you are very fair or have dry skin, this won't work for you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! Finding my shade was a little hard, but I found some people on youtube that have the sme skin tone as me and they used Classic Beige so i picked it up and i love it. The consistency is thin and soooooo easy to blend, with great medium to full coverage! It looks like skin, not at all like i caked on a thick heavy foundation. Doesn't oxodize on me or break me out. It would be even more fantastic if it had a pump and also i noticed the shades are slightly peachy, orangy so if you have a very pale or cool complexion, the shade range may not work for you. This foundation would be the best if they had a better shade selection. This lasts very long, i hate when my makeup is gone by the time i come home, this stays put. I set it with rimmel stay matte powder and its awesome!