April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Blondie0907

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been on the search for a really great foundation for the last 3 years(since I've moved to humid southeast Georgia). I've tried drugstore, department store, liquid, powder, you name it and I keep finding myself repurchasing this foundation. It's the only foundation I've found so far that actually stays on my face through the humidity here and sweating and has yet to break me out like most foundations I've tried have. My choice for applying this is with a damp sponge and definetly using a moisturizer before hand. I do have oily skin and setting this foundation with a powder helps keep my face from getting super oily, although towards the end of the day I startlook just a little shiny but the staying power of this is great for me. It also coverages covers my acne scars and hyper pigmentation pretty well. The only thing i do not like about this is the pakage! A pump would make it so much better! But I will definetly stay with this foundation for quite awhile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this product, especially at the price point. This compares well to other matte, longwearing formulas. I love Estee Lauder DoubleWear, and some other foundations I like are Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +, & the Revlon CS Whipped Cream.

PERFORMANCE

This is the type of foundation I wear to work for flawless coverage. It holds up well through a long day of varied temperatures & conditions: sweating through the long, crowded walk from Penn Station to 45th St, freezing in an over-air conditioned conference room, nervous oily skin being grilled by a law firm partner over something that isn't my fault, etc.

Doesn't oxidize at all. That's notable, bc most foundations oxidize on my combo skin. I do notice that the performance has a lot to do w what you wear underneath. SuperStay has no ingredients that should oxidize. If it is oxidizing on you, I'd strongly recommend changing your moisturizer &/or primer.

APPLICATION
This blends on oily skin, but it dries fast. You must work in sections & really even it out.
ELF Powder Brush, or any dense, synthetic fiber flat-top kabuki is hands down the best way to apply SuperStay. You can hit a big area at once and blend it in fast & furious.
Fingertips or a classic foundation brush make it streaky/ uneven for me.

SHADE
Color match matters A LOT with an opaque, full coverage matte base like this. If it's right- you'll look flawless. If it's wrong, you'll look like you're wearing a mask or about to make your on-stage performance in the high school musical.

If you're NC/ NW 20+ you'll be ok, but note that there aren't really light shades & the 2 lightest lean very pink IMO.

MY COLOR...
is Sand Beige. 1 of the best color matches I've found.
This is unique for a drugstore shade.
It is a bit gold, almost leaning green instead of orange. You may think that sounds gross, but trust me- it's lovely for light warm tone skin. It also counters any pinkness or purple under eyes.
I'm NC 20/ 25, but I prefer the darker end of that range bc it covers better & flatters my yellow skintone + blonde hair. Also, like most ppl my face isn't all 1 color and I find it's better to match to your darker areas of pigmentation like forehead & nose rather than light areas like jawline/ neck (which is unfortunately how most makeup counters match you). If you match light areas, then the foundation will look too light over large pores on my nose & cheeks & pool up- yuck! This never happens wirh Maybelline SuperStay.

CONS
If you are very fair or have dry skin, this won't work for you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! Finding my shade was a little hard, but I found some people on youtube that have the sme skin tone as me and they used Classic Beige so i picked it up and i love it. The consistency is thin and soooooo easy to blend, with great medium to full coverage! It looks like skin, not at all like i caked on a thick heavy foundation. Doesn't oxodize on me or break me out. It would be even more fantastic if it had a pump and also i noticed the shades are slightly peachy, orangy so if you have a very pale or cool complexion, the shade range may not work for you. This foundation would be the best if they had a better shade selection. This lasts very long, i hate when my makeup is gone by the time i come home, this stays put. I set it with rimmel stay matte powder and its awesome!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Beauty2Behold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, let me start by describing my skin type; I have extremely oily skin with very large pores and acne/blemish/whitehead prone. I have redness in my cheeks and T-zone, and also have freckles that tend to look more like acne scarring. So, all in all, I have terrible skin, not to mention ingrown hairs in my upper lip area that keep coming back no matter how much I try.

I decided to check Jean-Coutu for the new Maybelline SuperStay 24hour foundation, because if anything could withstand the oil in my skin, it would be something designed for 24hour wear. WRONG!

Well, the SuperStay foundation was a huge disappointment for me.

The packaging for this isn't bad, it comes in a nice heavy duty glass bottle (just like Revlon Colorstay) and it has a screw-cap which I like. My HD MUFE foundation lid broke because it kept popping off onto the floor. Although no pump for this which means product being wasted and possible sanitary issues. Pretty standard for most drugstore foundations.

The color options seemed pretty decent, although the only option for us paler girls was porcelain Ivory Light 10 which is what I chose. This shade is far too dark for me by about 1 or 2 shades.

When I first applied it (using my hands), It felt very moisturizing and smooth, and I noticed it didn't cling to any dry patches at all. I applied it over my Lancaster mattifying sunscreen and Revlon photoready primer (which works wonders for me). This was a shock to me because as a foundation being advertized for long wear, I expected it to be hard to blend, and drying. It blended quite well and I was satisfied after the initial application. Coverage wasn't bad either, but again, it was too dark for my light ivory skin tone.

I evened out the tone with my lighter pressed powder by Covergirl in 110 Ivory, (this I have been using religiously for about 10 years now). After this, I topped it off with my usual UD eye makeup, Nars blush and bronzer. Everything looked okay, but already I could tell that my pores looked a little accentuated (even after using a buffing brush in my T-zone).

By the time I left my apartment and got to my bus stop (approx 45 minutes after applying my makeup), I checked my compact mirror to see how everything looked in the sunlight. My skin looked SO OILY already! Usually it takes another 2 hours for me to notice oil peeking through my makeup, so I thought this was strange. The whole reason for me trying this product was for it's longevity qualities.

By the end of my workday, the makeup did not last at all, it got blotchy and oxidized bad! My T-zone virtually melted the makeup off, even after blotting all day. I feel like this foundation is suitable for normal to dryer skinned people who want their makeup to last all day. Although it's advertized as being a 'Super Stay' foundation, it definitely cannot combat oil and is meant to only combat sweat and heat. It's hard to explain, but I feel like it would have worked well if I wasn't so oily, because the spots where I don't get oily stayed perfect and the makeup only moved around the pores in my T-zone.

All in all, not impressed with this foundation, My makeup did not last, even after applying a primer. I felt cakey and gross by the end of the day with patches of orange around my T-zone. I'll be going back to my BB cream until I find something that works *Sigh*.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by JaMK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this was ok...lasted long decent coverage..didnt like the way it looks...hard to blend

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. A LOT. It's my trusty standby. I stray and always come bwck. Sure, I'm nit crazy about the lack of a pump, but it's not a huge problem ilif I'm careful. I wear it in caramel. and wile it's a bit off (the color) before I powder, after I've used Ben Nye's banana powder, the color is spot on. I appreciate the price and performance. I have super oily skin but this hangs on for dear life and refuses to wear off or oxidize (or at noticeably so). I'll be using this product for a whole yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Kontaktus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this foundation for such a long time. I know now that that love was misplaced. I can't match it to my skin tone at all. The palest are all far too peachy. I do feel that after I've worn it for a while it matches a bit better but, I realise now the only reason it seems to work for me for so long is because my powder was balancing out the shade a bit.
I do love the texture of this product though. I think it goes on really smoothly and easily and stays put quite well. Smell is always a big problem for me, but this product didn't bother me at all. I also have sensitive skin and this never broke me out or gave me any grief.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing new about this "new" formula apart from slapping on a new look label and making a new ad campaign. For fair skin the shade selection and longevity is exactly the same and just as bad as the old superstay and color rewind formulas. The 2 lightest shades are still super super dark (darker than MAC NC15) and too colored. Porcelain Ivory and Classic Ivory are still a ridulous pink/peach tone. Sand Beige is a much nice golden tone but is much too dark for anyone fair. They advertise this as being "24 hour" but this formula oxidises so badly that it doesn't even last "1 hour" on me. After an hour of wear it goes a full shade darker and even more orangey compared to when I first put it on. If you have fair skin I'd say its not really a "super stay", more like a "stay away"!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I got the shade Classic Beige, and it is a bit light on my NC35 skin. It used to suit my skin well when I was an NC30, but I think this shade has a bit of a neutral/rosy undertone rather than a yellow/olive undertone, so I tend to warm up the foundation with heaps of bronzer because I'm a bronzer-obsessed person!

I like the level of coverage I get with this product, fit well for going out and having fun, also with photography as it has no SPF. I only wear foundation on special occasions, so I normally grab this product as it gives me medium/full coverage, with no white cast on my face with flash photography.

However, I do often feel that the foundation is a little bit too matte on my dry areas, making lines and wrinkles under my eyes, getting a bit cakey at times. I always try to moisturise my skin fully and very well before applying this foundation. But I still think if I had the perfect match of foundation on my skin, I would definitely love this foundation with a little bit more of moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super stay foundation is a verry nice foundation! It's a light texture,it blends really well! It stays on for hours! It gives a really nice and natural finish! I use natural tan for my summer olive skintone! Love it!