October 22, 2014 | 1365 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Victoria's Secret - Victoria's Secret Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by lang90

This is def some great stuff! I've used it with the VS foundation as well as with other fnds and it just makes all foundations glide on ever so smoothly. It's not really cheap but I guess it's still cheaper than other primers. The pump is def not the greatest but the product itself is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by tressab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have both this and the smashbox. This feels a bit dryer on my face, but is a bit runnier in the bottle. I feel it lasts longer than the smashbox. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

I so need backups of this since VS is notorious for discontinuing products quickly! I love this! It is so amazing, and the price (14 bucks) is great, it actually works alot like smashbox, even better imo, i love it, new HG primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by pookimunki

Recently bought this due to reviews here. I absolutely LOVE it. Makes my VS foundation stay on & not look blotchy during the day. I use it in addition to the VS Pro oil blotting gel & the eyeshadow primer. I have very oily skin in the t-zone & have always had problems getting makeup to stay true at least from morning until noon, but w/ the VS combo that I'm using, everything stays acceptable even until dinnertime! It even gets me through my high intensity workouts at the gym, which other supposedly "long-lasting" makeup has not managed to achieve.

My sister used to write beauty articles for a fashion mag, so she would get a lot of excess product that she'd send to me, so I've used a lot of the $$$ primers & foundations out there. IMO, VS Pro line holds up at least as well as many of the big-name brands, but the price is much better. Good value for the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by iisusanxd

I bought this primer when my Bare Escentuals Prime Time ran out. I was initally excited to purchase this product because I tried it in the store, and it worked similarly to other established primers. I paid $15.24 including tax.

- This primer leaves the skin smooth and velvety, and works just as well as other primers in helping make up stay put throughout the day. It has SPF 20, which is always beneficial.

However, I found some downsides to this product:

- The consistency of this product is different to other primers I've tried. When I squeeze out a full pump, the primer comes out kind of liquidy and runny. The primers I've used before pump out a pea-sized amount and usually retain its bubble-shape before I spread it evenly across my face. VS's primer kind of runs across my hands when I pump it out, and makes it troublesome to get the exact amount I want.

- The pump does not work very well. If you unscrew the pump, the tube that is attached to it does not reach all the way down to the bottom. Actually, it is nowhere near the bottom. Thus, when the primer starts to run low, you will have to revert to sticking your finger in to reach the primer, which is not sanitary. Also, when pressing the pump, sometimes the primer will just shoot out in different directions, which is a waste of product.

- When I applied this on my hands, I noticed that the primer leaves my skin glittery. There are literally tiny glittery particles in this primer. This is not a big deal because it contains SPF and reflects light and brightens the skin, and foundation would cover that up. But for those who want a completely matte finish, this might not be the primer for you.

Overall, this primer works alright for the price. I personally found the dysfunctional pump and runny texture too bothersome so I returned it. But this is a good, cheaper alternative to those who wish to save a few more bucks on a foundation primer.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ichiban1

This is one of the cheaper primers sold compared to NARS and smashbox but its just as good !! I believe i got mine for $16. I noticed that my makeup goes on so much smoother with this primer especially my foundation, and it has spf in it which is a plus. When i run out i will be buying more !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by 4321lauren

So far I am liking this product. I have not yet experienced any breakouts since using it. It is relatively inexpensive compared to Smashbox and in my opinion and gives the same exact results. Would defintely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by rosec239

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS STUFF. i have combination skin and this works great

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by kochou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my beloved MAC face primer, and decided to stop by VS to try this. At $14 it's easy on the wallet. I was skeptical at first, not having had a good experience with most VS makeup products I've tried in the past. My expectations were low. Would it hold up in this humidity? It's been super gross in LA lately, humid, poor air quality because of the raging fires - perfect day to try the new primer. I wore mineral makeup then topped it off with a dusting of MAC finishing powder. I put it on at 7am and went through a full day. The result? My makeup sayed on all day!

the consistency is very simillar to the Smashbox primer, which I also love, but MAC is my number one primer. i would recommend the VS primer and will be purchasing this item again as an alternate to my favorite primer. i'm curious to know how this works for other skin types.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No