July 28, 2014 | 2136 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best top coat I've tried. My grandma has a bottle and everytime I visit I use it. It's way better than my OPI top coat and cheaper too. It dries super fast, the consistancy isn't too thick or too thin, it's incredibly shiny, easy to apply and makes your nails really hard. It totally protects the polish from cracking and from dents..it does an okay job of protecting from chipping (gives me at least an extra day or two of wear) and just makes my polish look so much better and dry faster and harder (so they don't get ruined or get those annoying little imprints of fingerprints when i touch my nails). Pricey for a drugstore product, but will purchase when on sale. I'd love to try the Seche top coat first though.
EDIT**:took off a star, found that it made nail polish show cracks after like 2 days? they don't chip but it shows crack lines like your nail tried to bend but couldn't

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

Great top coat. Polish dries within a minute to the touch and I can go to bed an hour later and have no sheet marks. Nice and shiny too. Depending on the polish I can get up to 3 days wear, which is great for me. I even use it over holos and it doesn't seem to dampen the holo effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for a top coat! It dries my nails in 30 seconds or less and leaves them looking glossy and amazing for days! I also noticed that it kept my polishes from chipping too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by keldar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! I bought it on sale on a whim after getting a pedicure a few weeks earlier and wanting to emulate the results and lasting power from the salon treatment. WOW is all I can say for this stuff - it dries nail colour really fast and provides a super shiny, hard, lustrous finish. I will never do my nails without using this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this (and the base coat) because my rite aid had a buy on get one half off. I never use a base coat, or a top coat really. I am just beginning to get into my nails. So I figured this would be a got jumping off point, cheap and readily available anywhere. I love how fast this dries, I am a mom of 2 young boys so my polish needs to dry fast, and this works. It makes my nails shiny too. I am not sure if it prolongs much, I use Sally Hansens Salon Manicure polishes and they are supposed to already have a base and top coat, so I am not sure if it;s this or the polish itself that last so well, but overall, this is great. I think I paid about 6 bucks. Would buy again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not an expert at manicures and this is the first time I've tried a top coat but I'm in love with this product. It makes my nails super smooth and shiny despite my mediocre nail polish job. It also does a wonderful job at protecting against chips. I'm pretty careless with my nails so they usually chip within a day or two, but with this top coat, my manicures are scratch and chip-free for at least a whole week. And it's great for fixing manicures at the end of the week. Just touch up with the nail polish and smooth out with the top coat. The only downside is that my manicures still get small dents. Still, it's a big improvement over plain nail polish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Vittoriak

It's an average top coat. It does everything that a top coat should do. It dries pretty quickly. It provides a glossy finish. Given the price, it does a decent job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good top coat. It leaves a very shiny finish and it looks great.
This is a way better product than the Revlon Multi-Care Base and Top Coat, I would not recommend that anyone buy that. It does nothing to protect your nails, but this Quick Dry Top Coat is good. Affordable too.
UPDATE: This isnt as good as I first thought, I am having some of the same issues as I had with the Revlon Multi-Care Base and Top Coat, which is that I get dents and imperfections in my manicure, even hours after doing my nails. Also, it doesn't do much to protect my polish from chipping, I get chips really quickly. I will not be buying any more Revlon nail polish.