October 21, 2014 | 980 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by makeupbreakup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like the packaging because the tub is so big that over time the lotion will dry out. I have oily and acne prone skin so once in a while when I use too much products with salicylic acid my face gets abnormally dry. So I use this Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my face is really dry and feeling flaky. In less than 2 days my skin is hydrated and back to normal. The bad thing about this lotion is that if I use it too long I start to get whitehead bumps. I think that's because my face is oily and and oily face plus heavy moisturizer is a no no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Omg!! This and noxzema w/ moisturizers just saved my dry flakey skin. I was exfoliating to raw red skin just to remove flakes and I've tried skincare from $$$ perricone on down... They'd either make problems worse or work for like an hour and the flakes would return. I also have a slightly shiny forehead. Nice. So based on the amazing reviews on here, And my mom's rec of noxzema, I tried these both, w no serum or exfoliation or retinoid or vit C or oils oh god forbid! and in ONE USE my skin was HEALED!!! This has got to be the most effective and long lasting moisturizer on the planet. The cheapest too. Also doesn't make shiny areas oily AT ALL!!! I put in on when face is still slightly damp. Even plain Vaseline was not working; the flakes would rerun by am or midday under my makeup. The tub form is the only way to go since this cream is soooo thick. Just clean your hand first. Old faithfuls were waiting for me at rite aid this whole time. Btw... Rite aid brand is identical to cetaphil brand. I read ingredient by ingredient and they were EXACTLY the same if u wana save a few. Which is really rich coming from me that's spent thousands over the years to help my flakes. Yay cetaphil cream!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by brittainy29

I have acne prone skin that has recently started getting much better, (thanks to Noxzema), and i was really excited to try this product due to the great reviews. I have dry skin so i applied liberally (as said in the directions) overnight. The next morning i woke up with white heads all over my face (luckily they were small). I was EXTREMELY disappointed with this product and wish i had not wasted my money on it. It is too expensive to be this terrible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by rawrer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Moisturizes amazingly well! Gentle and light on the skin, unlike some other moisturizes which can feel heavy. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in the tube. It is an excellent moisturizer but is more medicinal than daily use. There's no smell and dry skin is healed quickly. I hear there is a facial moisturizer which could be a better option. This one leaves the face oily if you have dry/ combination skin. I still use it from time to time when I feel my skin has dried out too much. Wear it at night and wake up to soft skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AliaGhobash

after a while of using cetaphil , i noticed after cleansing my face . once i applied the moisturizer my face turned into this red tomato . the swelling only reduced after 2-3 hrs . it didn't work for me . I'm never going to buy it again .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

When I was about 13, I started getting really dry, flaky skin on my cheeks, forehead and nose area which also caused painful acne. Being 13 and stupid, I thought overtreating and obsessively scrubbing my skin was the answer. This, of course, irritated it further. One day, my mother took me to Target and I went to the skin section to find yet another harsh scrub to put on my skin. That's when I saw the large tub of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I read it and bought it cuz it was pretty cheap for how huge the tub is for only ten to twelve dollars. Let me tell you, when I put this stuff on my irritated, peeling skin, it instantly soothed it. In about a month or so my skin cleared up. Right now at eighteen, my skin still occasionally has random freak outs and this helps amazingly. Earlier I had an allergic reaction to a new foundation and my skin got red and itchy and began to peel so I exfoliated my face with my Clarisonic using the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, patted my skin dry but still left moisture on it and slathered on a big, thick layer of this cream and my skin is baby soft again. I can't recommend this enough. Go buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

It worked good on my legs where my skin is the most dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Lalalucy1

Well lets start with the bad experience. When I first got this product I used it on my face thinking it would be a rich and gentle moisturizer for my face. The next day I woke up with break outs and everything. Ahh it was horrible. However then i used it after the shower as a moisturizer for my legs. My legs are very dry and this product did a great job in restoring the moisture. It is a great body moisturizer but DO NOT use it for a face moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by kcam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination, acne prone skin and this left my skin so greasy every time I put it on. I really wanted to like it because of the positive reviews but it definitely was not for me.