April 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my new HG base coat--I'm looking no further for another base coat!

Stickey applies evenly and easily... it's true that it never feels like it's dry enough to paint over, but I usually just let it sit 2 minutes and I paint the colour over right away without problems. I use this with the Super Shiney top coat, OPI ridge filler and OPI polishes and my manicures can last well over a week before any major chips happen (usually there are tiny chips at the nail edge but they're not that noticeable because they become paralell with the nail edge). It definitely clings onto polish and prevents chipping and peeling. I took one lippie off because I'm not sure how much actual "protection" it provides nails...my nails still turn slightly yellow after wearing red polish for 10 days. Maybe I shouldn't even have red polish on for 10 days, I don't know. It's a great product nonetheless and I will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HausKat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I read so many people saying how great this is but I just did not like it when I tried it.

It painted onto the nails very smoothly and evenly and the brush size was perfect but it just never seemed to dry, no matter how long I waited. The first time I used this I tried it with an Opi polish and it made the polish seem like it would never dry all the way through. I got the polish all smudged and had to re-do my manicure. I thought maybe it was the Opi polish and that I had used three coats of polish (waiting 20 mins drying time between each coat though) but then I just tried the Stickey base coat again last night with an Essie polish and it was the same problem. After waiting an *hour* for Stickey to dry, I got tired of waiting and just assumed that maybe it was dry, even though it still felt tacky. I put a coat of Essie on and then waited 20 mins before adding the second coat but this Stickey seems to affect the nail polish in some way and makes it feel like it never dries. My polish again just smudged right off in one thick sticky coat, even after waiting over an hour for it to dry. I had to re-do my manicure and the second time I chucked the bottle of Stickey and just used the base coat I usually use, which is Opi Start-to-Finish. I used the same Essie polish and both coats plus the Opi base coat all dried completely in 20 mins time like usual so the problem was definitely the Stickey. I would never buy it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by anooshka

i don't like this. it stained my nails.
and i just generally don't like the fact that it remains sticky feeling even when it's time for you to apply your polish.
meh. didn't use it up and ended throwing it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by massagegal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ladies, we have a winner!!! I am a nail junkie. i polish my nails more than any person i know. it's always chip chip chip. Not anymore. i actualy changed a flat tire today and my ails still look like I just got a manicure. I will never use a different base coat ever again. This stuff is magical. I had no problem with the drying time at all. just so you know I bought the sally hansen quick dry drops and they dry my polish in 2 minutes!!! I can't live without either of these product. never again will I waste time waiting for my polish to dry and never again will it chip off soon after sticky and sally. Quite the duo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Keslynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stickey is my mainstay basecoat. It's not just a clever name; it really does help the polish adhere to the nail and stay there! Even when dry, it maintains a slightly tacky finish. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because Stickey yellowed my nails. The yellowing could be a problem if you alternate painted and natural nails or would like to wear a sheer. The good news is that if you wear a treatment or other basecoat under Stickey, the yellowing problem disappears. My preferred combo is NailTek III Foundation with Stickey on top though Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator has also worked for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by 1QTPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing left to say. Love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by smarttea

I would give this product 10 lippies if I could. This is the best base coat I have ever used. Seriously. This is my routine for 7-10 days worth of wear:
I take of my nail polish with a non acetone polish remover. I wash my hands with warm water and dish soap (helps remove any grease and residue), not hand soap. I put one coat of stickey, two coats of OPI polish on each hand. Once I put the second coat of polish on one hand, I put a really thick coat Seche Fast dry top coat while my polish is still wet, then I put the second coat of OPI on the other hand and apply Seche. My nails have never been stronger and they do not split at the sides anymore. If it wasn't for MUA I would have never found this wonderful combination. I just want to give this to everyone that I know, it's that good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really helps to create an extra "bond" to keep nail polish from chipping and peeling. I buy it on the internet for half the price that brick and mortars charge. Well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by amarose

I had acrylics for my wedding and the nail tech used this - and of course, my manis did last and last, but that's what's great about acrylics ... after they were taken off, I still continued to use it on my naturals nails for a while and, quite honestly, was less than impressed. It didn't seem to do anything to prolong my color - manis would last only a few days. I just started buffing my nails regularly and Stickey is acting like a completely different product - my polish stays on like it's glued. I've had three mani's in a row last a full week (CG Boundless Color, OPI, Milani) with minimal tip wear - no touch-up required. In fact, my last one lasted 8 days, and I took it off only because I wanted a color change. I've never experienced this before, but LOVE it. THIS is what I want from a base coat! Will definitely continue to use, will definitely repurchase. EDIT: I'm on day 7 of a mani with Wet n' Wild - it's a miracle! Usually I'm happy to get two days. Minimal tip wear - I will change the color tonight only because I'd like to, not because I have to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by JGarfield

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this base coat. My manicure lasts at least a week, and I am very rough on my hands. It really seems to grip color. Great product!