November 27, 2014 | 1626 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by noharmdone

Let me just begin by saying I was extrememly skeptical about this product!
I have always suffered from pimples. When I was younger, I had servere acne across my whole face, after trying everything else, I went on the pill which did clear it up, but not fully. I would still get regular pimples and deep sore acne that wouldnt leave for weeks. I also had little bumps on my skin which I could never get rid of. My skin is oily/combo but extrememly sensitive.
I put off purchasing this product because everyone talked about the 'purging stage' which I was afraid of but eventually caved & bought one after spending my days reading reviews.
This product is AMAZING. The first 2-3 days I did suffer purging. After that, my skin completely cleared up! It is so smooth and fresh looking, my makeup just glides on! My little bumps have all gone & I dont wake up with a new pimple every morning anymore!
Downside - I didnt use it for 2 days as I was away from home & I woke up with pimples again.. but they cleared straight up the day after I got home and thoroughly cleansed my face again with it! I use the original Mia with delicate brush head + Philosophy Purity cleanser/Neutrogena deep clean foaming cleanser. HIGHLY RECOMMEND CLARISONIC TO ANYONE WANTING NICER, CLEANER, HEALTHIER LOOKING SKIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It is my third week using the Mia. I have suffered from moderate acne for the last 10 years and the first two weeks were heaven! Soft, smooth skin and not a single breakout. But now going on the third week, my skin has completely fallen apart. It's flaky and dry on too of a ton of breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally decided to take the plunge to purchase a Mia 2 and have been using it for a week. So far I have not experienced the "purge" like what many other reviewers have written about but strangely, I did notice an increase in oiliness which is starting to recede gradually. The sides of my nose and area below my lower lip has been congested for so long that I've come to take it as "inevitable" and "normal". But guess what? My Mia 2 has taken them all out and I didn't even have to squeeze them out after cleansing! The deeper congestion in my cheeks that I didn't even know i had came up easily after cleansing and a gentle squeeze cleared the pore thoroughly.

I was afraid of overexfoliating and was using the sensitive brush head only once in the evening after I've cleansed my make up. Though my skin felt a little raw at the end of the 1-minute cleansing, there was never redness on my face. In fact, my complexion after cleansing looks beautifully even and smooth. But I decided to try it twice a day from day 4 onwards and use it with an even lighter hand (I was kinda pressing it a little into my skin) and I have never been more impressed with my skin's cleanliness and decongestion! Perhaps with the lighter pressure I use now against my skin, my skin no longer feels raw too. One of my best investments ever and I'm looking forward to trying the deep pore brush now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by keetandkeiko

I've had bad acne for several years and I just could never get it to go away. I've tried creams, pills, antibiotics, everything - and my acne never got drastically better. I received the clarisonic a few months ago, and it has drastically changed and improved my skin for the better! I rarely get whiteheads, I get a few cystic bumps every now and then, and my black heads are 75% gone. This is the absolute best tool I have ever used for my skin. I use it at night after I have taken off all my makeup. It feels so soft smooth, and clean. Definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kmabel07

The Mia 2 has greatly improved my skin texture, but took about a week to get the right frequency of use for me. I noticed extreme dryness when used twice a day, and instead moved to once every other day and have seen big improvements. It is a bit overpriced for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost a year. I didn't notice a difference until I changed brushes. I use it once a day before bedtime. With the right brush and cleanser this is a must-have for excellent skin care regime. I just wish I had 2- 1 for home use and 1 for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clarisonic mia 2 with the sensitive head brush twice a day for two months and have seen a big improvement in the texture and clarity of my skin. I did experience a purge/increase in acne & acne size during the first week of use but it cleared quickly and my skins overall appearance improved week by week.

I don't have sensitive skin, my skin very is acne/clog prone and extremely oily but besides the initial purge I haven't had any adverse side effects . Adding this tool to my skin care routine has dramatically improved my skin.

The battery has a very long life span, I charged it only once in the two month span I've had it. I'm glad I finally took the plunge & invested in one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is such a must for me. I am all about protecting my face now from free radical and antioxidant damage and really exfoliating the top layer of my skin has made all the difference in my appearance.

I think it helps also absorb the topical products I put on better because it is a fresh coat of skin constantly that is new and alive on the surface

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

*REVIEW FOR THE MIA 1*

I guess I finally have to make this review. I don't like being the negative one, but I just can't get this REALLY EXPENSIVE thing to work, as I wished.

I got this in May this year, and used it every/sometimes every other day. My skin was slightly acne-prone, but the Clarisonic didn't did anything. It felt nice and really LUXURIUS and gave me such a CLEAN feeling on the skin. BUT again.. Didn't cleared up my skin.

A SAD SAD WASTE OF MONEY (for me at least)

I don't like to just have it laying around, so I use it on my back and shoulders sometimes, for my acne there. Idk if it helps there to be honest..

- also, this began to HURT after months of using. I even switched brush head to the ultra sensitive. I guess it just wasn't right for my extremely SENSITIVE skin!

* I KNOW IT WORKS ON A LOT OF PEOPLE, SO MAYBE YOUR LUCKY? IT JUST WON'T RECOMMEND IT, AT LEAST FOR PEOPLE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN *

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I got the mia 2 which has one year extra warranty and a higher speed button (although i only use the normal speed). The first few times i used the mia 2 on my face, the 1 minute timer was not enough to clean my whole face and it was painful when i tried cleansing my face with the brush. I also kind of got addicted to using mia 2 on my face.

After a week of using it every morning, i got used to the brush and have noticed an improvement in my skin texture. It definitely looked smoother. It also reduced my keratosis pilaris. I have used it for about 3 weeks now every morning, and have not experienced any purging yet.

I used to have very oily skin, but this mia 2 has helped to reduce it. One thing for sure is that this is a great exfoliator. However, you will also be at risk of over exfoliating.
It requires long hours of charging, but i guess it is okay because i only charge my mia 2 like once a month even with quite frequent use. I wouldn't say that the brush really solve all my skin problems because my pores are still clogged. However, it really did a great job in cleansing my skin. Usually, when i cleanse my face with my hands only, i still can see black pores after washing, but with the clarisonic, the black pores are gone.

I wouldn't repurchase though, i feel it is a waste to spend $200 on something you use only 1-3times a week. i rather spend on a tool that i can use everyday.