September 2, 2014 | 1355 users online

Brows - Shu Uemura - Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by teddyblue

HG! thats all. The best for keeping brows natural and full.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I've always hated pencils because they ALWAYS look super unnatural. Finally, I found a brow pencil that makes my brows natural yet better. Who knew? This pencil wouldn't write on my hand...but somehow makes my brows perfect~!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jillyjill

Yes! Finally a HG brow product. I have dark blonde hair, and it's really tough to find a good match for my brows.. Seal Brown is perfect, no red tones at all. This is a revolutionary product to me, as I can't quite figure out how it works. If I rub the pencil on my hand, I get nothing. But on my brows it fills in some sparse spots very naturally without making my face look over done or sculpted. You must sharpen this when you get it. Using a knife made me nervous, but someone mentioned using a potato peeler on one side, then on the opposite to create a sword shape. Shaped and sharpens it perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

This is my first brow product so i dont have anything else to compare it to, that is the only reason i am giving this a rating of 4 instead of 5 cos there may be something even better out there. Still, it is great especially for lazy gals like myself who cannot be bothered getting out a brush and powder to do their brows. It is incredibly easy to use but it still looks natural.

The colour match is fantastic. One reason, i have never used brow products before is that i could never find pencils or powder that would match my brow colour (i am fair with light brown hair and sorta greyish brown eyebrows). But i have found a pretty good match with seal brown. It seems to be a colour which is very versatile and matches a lot of brow undertones - especially brunettes or dark blondes. It was reasonably priced, not cheap but still at the rate i would use it up - it is economical.

I purchased it online as shu is not stocked in any stores at all in Australia - the horror! As some other reviews mention, this is best sharpened with a knife and not a sharpener. It isnt that difficult, and you dont actually need to sharpen very often at all because of the waxy texture, i guess.

Anyway - i would highly reccomend this product. Easy to use, good colour match, leaves my brows looking nice and polished but not overly defined, and its reasonably priced - what more could a gal want!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by alula

This is a great product that MUA led me to. I bought it in Seal Brown, which is neither too warm nor too cool in tone - just a really natural and versatile color. I'm currently a redhead, but preparing for a return to brunette in the near future. I bought a Laura Mercier pencil in Soft Brunette but it's disappointing how many of these brow pencils are always so obvious, with either too much gold, red, or warmth. Or the flip side with cool toned pencils is that they end up looking too dull and taupey! Seal Brown has zero warmth, yet makes my brows look a touch fuller and richer without being all flat and dull.
Previous brands used include Lancomb, Bourjois, Anastasia, and LM. This is my favorite!

BTW, I'm already using it as a redhead now and it looks fine. Very versatile! The pencil is seriously long....as in, you might not need to repurchase again for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by rosewitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using this product for 7 years...at first i really do not like to use pencil cause i have problem with having very distinctive lines and for me it is really bad cause i have very sparse eye brows..but this one is really good cause it is not soft and it works with oil base and the color (seal brown) is really natural and what's more i like their sharpening way...it is not pointy tip so it is really unique and i do not need to know how to sharpen it..all i have to do is just go to the counter and give them to sharpen for me...it is said it is japanese way of sharpening eye brow pencil ok anyway it is really much easier to apply...this is one of my "can't live without" items..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by helenajeon80

I am a 28-year-old Korean girl, so I have natural thin blalck hair.
I've got my hair permed a few times, and it looks almost like a mix of dark brown and black. My eyebrow is almost none even compared to other asian women. I've always envied the thick and beautiful brows of western women. This pencil is amazing. It is not creamy and it is really hard as you can see the name on the product. It comes with a clear plastic cap so that you can protect the pencil during the trip.
The best thing about this pencil is that you can always bring it to Shu Uemura store in anywhere in the world and they sharp the pencil perfectly. The cons of this pencil are two. The one is its price. I bought this at a duty free store and it was about $18~19. (But it goes a long time, so dont worry and if you have much hair definitly buy it!)
The other is the shape. The makeup artists of Shu Uemura do really good job about it, but they cut too much of the product to make it sharp( like a short sword), which helps you draw a line easily and perfectly.
However, this is the best eyebrow pencil i have used and i will buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I have the h9 formula in seal brown. I have been using makeup forevers waterproof eyebrow corrector, which I love but I needed to speed up my morning routine. Mufe waterproof eyebrow corrector is too time consuming, even though it is the most natural looking brow product I have used. I will only use mufe's for special occasions or when I have more time. So anyways, I have used this product for a couple days. Looks very natural, easy to not overdo because of the formulas hard nature, looks like it will last a long time! *long pencil!!!* it also has very good lasting power. Its still spring right now, so I don't know how it will hold up in humid weather over here but im sure it will. We'll see!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the h9 hard formula in Seal Brown and Stone Grey. They are the most natural brow pencil I've ever used. I mostly used brow powder before for a more natural look, but I've switched to using mostly the shu pencils. When testing on the hand, the color doesn't really show up, you have to try it on your brows. The pencils last a really, really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by emma1199

This is it, Seal Brown for my Amerasian coloring. The perfect most natural-looking brow color I've tried hands down. No need for me to try anything else. Natural, perfect, lasts all day.