NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 2/23/2015 11:15:00 PM

The first thing that bothers me about this product is that it doesn't come with a pump. It's something you have to buy separately (and if it was a good product like MAC Studio fix then I wouldn't mind, but it's not). To start off, I find NARS foundation to be too yellow for my Asian NW25 skin. This foundation was too sheer and it didn't give me the right type of glow. It just made me look oily. I noticed that throughout the day the foundation would melt off around the crevices of my nose, and it just didn't sit right on my skin.

on 2/23/2015 7:11:00 PM

This foundation can be worn "sheer" but is definitely more so on the medium side in my opinion. Just 1 & 1/2 pumps max 2 and I have a nice medium coverage canvas. My issues are, it's not as "Glowy" as I expected. It's more of a demi matte because it dries pretty quick and settles into fines quite quickly as well so setting with powder right away is ideal. Most medium shades run either really yellow or really pink. It was a little tough choosing a shade. ( I'm a Pro MUA. I specialize in color matching so matching myself is typically easy peasy). For reference I am a MAC NC35 (oily combo skin. Dry during colder season) and in Nars SG I purchased Stromboli. A little yellower than I would have preferred but it beats being pink! On the skin it doesn't look awful or cakey. I think it looks nice. But this can be because I prime and use a damp beauty blender to apply (that sponge does all the work for you!).

I really did not like the no pump thing but I got over that in a short time. Finally tracked down the pump (everyone is always sold out) and guess what... NO Cover! for once the pump is in! BUT the original packaging was the only cover. It's a screw top not a cover with a small screw top underneath. This I am not over! :( I hate having a coverless foundation even though yes the pump turns left for close. It just looks weird.

Aside from the visual upset, the foundation has good coverage, no funny smells or odd texture and if you find the right shade and don't have drier skin it can be amazing. I think its nice but I don't need another bottle because I have others that I like just little more for different reasons. Lets see how I feel during warmer months. I'll update if there's any change :)

on 2/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

I was so excited to try this foundation as it is supposed to be good for dry skin. My skin is so dry that foundation clings to dry patches. My skin is also acne prone. I have tried this multiple times over 4 months.This foundation is EXTREMELY thin and sheer, hardly covers anything it all. I also dont find it really buildable because its so thin it just kind of wont blend in properly when more is added. It did not cling to the dry patches on my face which was the only bonus of this product. It feels very oily as well-because of this oiliness it does break me out after having this on my face for a few hours my skin starts to get itchy and after a day of having it on my forehead forms 3 or 4 cystic spots. This happens every single time I used it (which in total was probably about 15 times). It's awful use with caution for those who have dry acne prone skin. It's especially not worth it for the crazy expensive price!

on 2/22/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UGH -- no. Unfortunately. I was so ready for this to just glide over my dry skin. Instead, it caked into every flaw in my face, not matter how thoroughly I exfoliated/moisturized. If you have dry skin, I would say it's not worth the risk (or get a sample first).

It seems that the upside is that they have a wide range of shades -- the Mont Blanc is an almost near perfect match for my skin tone. Because of that I keep trying to make this work and each time it fails. It also sucks that there is no pump with this -- tons of product wasted and in a messy, non-hygenic way. If you have oily or combination skin, I would recommend this.

In short: overpriced and does not fulfill its target market for dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love this because everyone seems to love this but I absolutely hated it! It settled into all of my pores and lines, it made my skin dry and flakey, I got a cake face look, even with using primer it did not work. It came off like a medium to full coverage yet I could still see my dark spots. The only thing I liked was the color matched perfectly. I am super pale and Mont Blanc was the perfect match. I just wish it would have worked.

on 2/18/2015 11:00:00 AM

Super disappointed in this foundation. When you are spending a lot on a foundation you expect quality, which I did not get from this product. I am a MAC NC15-20 and I use the shade GOBI which is a pretty good match. This foundation didn't leave my skin dewy at all, it accentuated my dry patches on my combination skin and on my oily forehead and nose area FORGET IT, it slid right off my face in a few hours. Not long wearing, not a good finish, definitely not "glowy", just any old crappy foundation with a brand name and big price tag. Skip this one!

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a really beautiful product. I swore off of foundation a few years ago, switching to tinted moisturizers and BB creams, but still get the occasional pang for the more complete coverage a foundation brings. I picked up a very graciously sized sample from my local NARS counter, since a full sized bottle doesn't run cheap and my very pale skin is finicky with shades.

Siberia is a perfect match for my fair skin (I wish their tinted moisturizer came this light). This is PALE ladies.

Even though my skin leans towards oily, I absolutely love the finish this gives. This is not sheer at all. It's a solid medium coverage with a demi-matte finish. My skin looks alive and fresh, not too flat, not greasy at all. I set with powder and get a nice matte finish that livens up as my natural oils seep through. Since I'm not a foundation girl anymore, I didn't have a primer laying around to wear underneath, so I wore this on it's own. I had a nasty cold and was blowing my nose constantly, and at the end of the day, the foundation had broken down a bit from the constant rubbing around my nose, but my skin still looked beautiful.

I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation with this product, which is exactly what I was looking for. I also just applied this with my fingers over well moisturized skin, and it applied very nicely.

on 2/15/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on a new foundation mission. I'd heard good things about Nars so I went in for a sample. I'm fairly fair and have pink undertones in my skin, so Mount Blanc was the way to go.

Initially it was hard to blend. I applied with my foundation brush and looked like Maiko. I blended it with my fingertips and the end result was pleasing. I applied some finishing powder and makeup and was good to go.

To my horror, on close inspection a few hours later, I discovered that foundation has settled in the pores of my nose and chin! Eeeeek!

So overall, its a nice foundation but the pores are a deal breaker. Also, the Mount Blanc was a tad light for me for summer, but the next colour up in the pink tone was exponentially darker. Therefore I felt the shade range was a bit limited.

Oh well onto the next one.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very good light weight coverage. Feels like nothing there but with good coverage. Very expensive for something packaged so horrible. The foundation is great but it clings to dry patches but by far my favorite foundation.

on 2/14/2015 4:58:00 PM

My first impression was oh my heavens I love this foundation! The store did not have my color(Deauville/perfect skin match) so sampled me instead and ordered the Foundation for me. Since then I have bought and returned 3 bottles because the shade of each one seems off or the texture is off. I really want to love this and replace my Chanel Vitalumiere(and save $20 bucks a bottle). The original sample hydrated my very dry parched winter skin and gave me a very light glow. I am in my forties so a Dewey complexion is my Holy Grail. All of my purchase have been in the last two months-- I almost wonder if they are having quality production issues? I will try this again in a few weeks. Hopefully, I will get a bottle like the first foundation match and thank goodness they gave me half of the bottle to sample because I am still using it and hoarding every last drop. So initially, a solid 4.5 --but because the last few bottles don't match the initial -- I need to drop this to 2.5