My shade is Santa Fe. I have mostly dry skin with some slightly oily areas around my T-zone.
- Nice light coverage, buildable to medium coverage
- Long wearing: I'm a sweaty person but this foundation easily lasts over 12hrs
- Easy to blend: whether it be an application with a stippling brush, buffing brush, finger application, it's super easy to blend this foundation
- It's a little expensive for my liking
- Finally a good color match (Siberia)
- Texture is kind of hard to apply, VS the ease of BB creams. I have to be a lot more careful with application or it can be uneven.
- It's so fucking powdery. I have dry skin that I keep well moisturized, but after 6 or so hours my skin feels tight and the foundation is clinging for dear life to every pore. I use a moisturizing primer and treat my skin very gently. This should not be happening to me in the middle of a humid summer.
I used sheer glow years ago, returned it, and recently decided to try it again but i now remembered why i returned it. I use the color Tahoe which blends well with my skintone but thats where it ends. After about 30min, it settles right into my pores and I feel like its "slipping" off. It doesnt look natural on me and people around me can tell i'm wearing alot of makeup. It just sits on top of my skin. I tried different application techniques such as fingers, beauty blender sponge, and foundation brush but got the same results with all.
Another issue is the packaging. The glass bottle is thick and heavy, and the product spills out easily if youre not careful with it since it doesnt come with a pump.
Definitely returning this again but its a shame since the color was perfect for me.
I was really excited to get that product but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I prepped my face with a good primer applied this foundation to a sheer/medium build and set it with translucent powder. Firstly I found my face looking a bit washed out even after contouring, so I applied some pigmented powder as well and the foundation still looked nice on my skin. Only after an hour I noticed the makeup was building up in the pores next to my nose on my cheeks. It looked like it was coming off and it was very noticeable... Then the next day looking at the picture I took from that night, my face looked like a ghost! I looked so washed out... I'm going to take it back tomorrow since is cost $68 from mecca cosmetica then pump $4 extra. Also if it helps I do have acne prone skin but it's not oily and not dry either. I also don't have large pores.
My shade: Mont Blanc (I am M.A.C NC15)
Background: I have been using this foundation for over a year now and it is my favourite one that I have tried so far.
* Colour is a good match for my skin tone and doesn't seem to oxidise.
* Staying power is pretty good considering I have an extremely oily T-zone (although I do need to use a primer & lots of translucent powder).
* Decent coverage (I have a lot of redness on my face, especially around my nose and cheeks, and this product covers that up completely) although concealer is necessary to hide any blemishes.
* Doesn't draw attention to dry patches on my skin.
* Doesn't break me out.
* Doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.
* Very expensive in Australia (AUD $68 at Mecca Cosmetica).
* Doesn't automatically come with a pump, which costs an additional AUD $4.
I really love this foundation. I has a solid medium coverage (buildable), a semi-dewy finish and feels light on the skin. It really looks like skin and has a decent lasting power. Sometimes I need to add a little concealer to really red spots, but it mostly covers everything well without looking like a mask. This foundation is good for dry skin BUT not dry/flaky skin. It feels moisturizing and has a glow, so I'm not sure if it would work for oily skin. If your skin is too dry and has dry patches, this definitely clings to those so moisturize well and exfoliate. That and the fact that it doesn't have a pump are my only complaints.
Overall it's a great foundation and I'm so happy I spent the money!
I love love looooove this foundation so much! It is brillant for any occasion! It's got great coverage and you only need the smallest amount for a full face so it lasts ages! The only downside for me is price, because I live in NZ, it's $90, and that is just too much for me and other my age. But otherwise awesome product!
So this foundation made me sorta oily and eventually broke me out after two uses. U need to set with powder if u want more long wear. Keep in mind that this is a dewy finish so you arnt going to look matte whatso ever. The only good thing was the colour, the Siberia was my perfect shade, I now use the powder foundation in te same shade and love it
This is one of the best foundations I have used! It looks so much like my skin. I have some acne scars that i like to cover and this does a great job. My T-zone is super oily for no reason and it does help with that. I still have to blot my face but not as much. It cost too much not to come with a pump.......
This is my new holy grail foundation! My skin got so dry this past year to the point where it was extremely painful, all of my old favorite foundations would just flake right off my skin! To make matters worse I also have acne-prone skin, and the products for that only dry my skin out more! So behold, NARS sheer glow which I discovered in sephora. I love it because I can build it up to whatever coverage level I need. It doesn't break me out, and with a great moisturizer and exfoliater it stays on my dry skin all day! It only becomes more beautiful and glowy as the day goes on. It also does not make me break out which I love. I currently apply with a sigma f80 brush and am very happy, but I've also enjoyed just using my fingers. Will repurchase and I highly recommend!