November 23, 2014 | 1575 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superbalanced powder makeup (spf 15) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lots2luv

I really like this product. I mainly bought it because of the packaging. I love that you can control how much product you want, and the fact that it grates off the product. I normally never wear powder foundation because I have dry skin, but with this it doesn't make my dry skin noticeable. I have Redness in my face from Rosacea, but this actually covers the red up without a concealer. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either. I would really recommend trying this product. I actually use the brush that comes with it and it works great for me. I have been using the 3 step skincare in #2 along with this and it works amazingly well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I admit I was skeptical about this, but found it to be a great product! I have tried MANY differnt types of foundations over the years and so far, I'd say this one is my absolute favorite! It provides good coverage and has staying power (on my oily skin) eps. compared to other mineral makeups like BE & EM. Coverage is even and natural-looking, feels very light on the skin, doesn't clog pores. Coverage is more even and natural-looking than MAC's studio fix foundation!
    Will re-purchase!!!!

(I switched back to my L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation for 1 day just to see the difference. My skin felt smothered by the heavy liquid and I wound up throwing the bottle out!)

***Update- I've converted to Cover FX mineral foundation for a more flawless look, and better oil control.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I bought this because I really love the packaging on this product, but the product itself falls short. It's got decent coverage and looks okay when applied, but within a few hours starts looking gross and cakey. Additionally I appear to have some sort of sensitivity to this product as it seems to make me itch quite a bit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

WEll, I have some mixed feelings on this one.

I love the packaging - you spin the lid around and it grates off product into the cup. Very cool!

The brush that comes with it is useless (pick up a good kabuki brush to use this properly)

The colour selection is good (NC20 here, I use the lightest one) and it is good for skin - no breakouts or clogged pores.

However, I do find it seems to make me a bit oily, and the staying power on this one is very limited - I find that by about 1pm, it's pretty much gone.

I like the concept, but feel the actual product could be improved. (Plus, this is kind of expensive - over $40 in Canada)

I would probably purchase this again due to the novelty of the packaging, and the convenience of the product.

EDIT: I lowered my rating on this one. I am finding the product chalky and hard to blend even with a good kabuki. Plus, it does nothing for my pores, which most MMU takes care of easily. Wouldn't repurchase. I think I have a general dislike for Clinique powder products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by neen1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I have has bad luck with mineral foundations. They have caused me numerous breakouts as I have tried various brands. However, I have had such good luck with Clinique foundations, and superbalanced makeup, I wanted to try this. I am using natural 1 (I wear breeze 32 in the liquid makeup) and it is a perfect match. I love the packaging, very clean, no waste. I put it on and found the coverage good, better than the perfectly real powder foundation I have been using recently, which lately seems too sheer and just slips off if I get oily. What has stood out most for me with this is that when I was out and caught a glimpse of myself in natural sunlight, my skin looked very flawless. I love that it has some SPF (though not much) as well.
    I am hoping this continues to perform well for me, I will update if it doesn't!
    I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by pc1546

The Clinique sales lady applied Natural 02 on me and I wore it for a day which is a great way to test foundation before purchasing. The color blended well to my skin tone and texture seemed fine. After a couple of hours, however, my nose area became very shiny, and worse, this powder-based foundation really emphasized the lines on my forehead. The lines are less visible without this makeup. The coverage is a bit too sheer for me. This foundation will work better on youthful skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ShopaMaggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the packaging on this product. It's very hygenic. However, I was disappointed with the product inside and with Clinique (I've always had great luck with anything from them). About 20 minutes after applying this foundation my face became really irritated and had a red tint to it for the whole day. The staying power of the foundation is so so for my oily skin. However, the discomfort was too much! I will be returning this product and that's so sad because I really really wanted this to work for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I researched all kinds of mmu before commiting to this. First and foremost, I have always liked Clinique because of the quality. Second is that the controversy on mineral makeups is so huge that there is no straight answer as to which one is truly the best. Some people bank on the degree of purety in mmu while others like mmus to provide extra care for their skins. This is a great product if you use it for that extra care that you can expect from a foundation. I use the Clinique Pore Minimizer before applying this and it stays on forever. It is super natural. My skin loves it. I have some old and new acne scars and this has been a God Sent as far as diminishing the size of these suckers. The only complaint about this product is that it is expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by rockgoddss03

disappointing. honestly ive used clinique before many times, and its always been the same. the powder is just not fine enough. it beats laura mercier though (that one caked up in my oil like hell, even though it went on smooth at first). hers was finer, but cakier, hmm ... the only powder i truly like is maybelline matte powder, it goes on like nylon, it just doesnt keep me matte enough. cliniques powder is average, i like the ingredients, only physical sunscreen, plus shea butter which is a natural version of a sunscreen, but even though it makes me smooth and matte at first, i have to blot in two hours. it doesnt cake though and it wears very well in oil on my face, but ... just average for me, my shine and grease does break through. the brush is kind of rough but ok. you can move it around your eye, its called turning your wrist. so overall, it might actually really work for non oily people. doesnt make me dry, and it really does balance (dry to normal areas), its just my oily parts that are screwed. its kind of funny though since it has talc. see, sometimes ingredients just dont matter. the packaging is kind of brilliant, just big. they have a separator to keep the brush from the turner, i think it was meant to be thrown away but if you keep it you can stop contamination for sure. and the "grinding" aspect is extemely simple. oh, for oil control, use jurliques white powder. that works for me, i just dont use it alot since it doesnt have color or spf, and i dont want a long morning routine. i cant seem to find an all in one, on to pur minerals!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very much a sucker for ads (does this look like it will make you look like Linda Evangelista? Oh, okay...sign me up!)...and was walking through Nordstrom and decided to sample this product. Normally, the Clinique counter is not one I stop at unless I am out of Black Honey Almost Lipstick.

I let the SA try shades on me and the product looked so easy to use and most importantly felt good and blended seemlessly...so I had to take it home. The shade I ended up going with is Natural 5.

I have to say I am really liking this better than BE, which was my Fall/Winter go-to product. Summer I tend to just use a tinted moisturizer. Not only does it blend well but the coverage is sheer (though buildable I suspect) and it makes my skin look luminous and not cakey like some powders inevitably do.

The only thing I haven't fallen in love with is the little brush HOWEVER...it does make this even more a convenient product and it's not horrible. I travel for work and the smaller the makeup bag, the better so when I am home I just use the Kabuki from BE...on the road I stick with the little Clinique brush it came with. I didn't notice the scent that some reviewers speak of and it has not irritated my skin whatsoever.

This also appeals to my "I'm in my early 30's and don't need foundation because my Nana wears foundation" fantasy. It's just like using loose powder, I tell myself...and this makes me feel better. : )