April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Kiran13

This is a decent concealer. When used correctly, it can give light to medium coverage on my dark under-eye circles. There is VERY little product for the price you pay. I noticed the HD properties in photos when I pair it with the HD foundation (which I happen to love), and like I said find the coverage to be good. It's simply the ridiculous price and the ridiculous quantity that earn this product a lower score. I wanted to love this product... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by thefiercestdiva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this product! I got matched for 305 (I am really pale) and I use this under my eyes and I use this on my blemishes.

For the packaging, it is kind of a problem, but somehow I like it. The 'wand' when I click it doesn't do anything for 1 turn, but when I do 2 more it spills out and I use to much product. I do like the wand for blemishes, because I just flip the wand over, and use that to pat it in!

As for the overall product, it is medium coverage, but I feel like it could build up to be full. It doesn't look cakey, and it lasts a school day. I am excited for using this for school!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer 2 days ago and I know for a fact this is the best concealer I have ever used (I've tried TONS and TONS for my horrifyingly dark underye circles).
So far the longest period I have worn this product for is 8 hours (but I know it can last longer!)

Pros:
-Great, natural looking coverage
-Brightens the skin, very flattering
-Many color shades available
-Non-drying
-Liquid consistency, which is ideal for undereyes
-Can easily be built up for more coverage without cakiness
-No midday cakeys
-Absolutely minimal creasing. Didn't crease in the very small lines directly over my undereye circles (amazing compared to all the other concealers I have tried) but did crease a tad right in a bigger fine line under my lower eyelashes.
-Long lasting--without the dryness and aging effect some concealers have after a few hours of wear

Cons:
-Packaging is a clicky pen. It's near impossible to get out the perfect amount of concealer without wasting some, as you can't do a 1/2 click or a 1/4 click...
-I really can't tell how much product is in this little clicky pen, but I'm afraid you might not get a large amount compared to other tube concealers.
-Pricey ($28), but normal for MUFE

I would repurchase in a heartbeat. I just may have found my HG concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! I've tried SO many concealers for my under eye area, and this is the best one so far. It's very smooth and not cakey at all, so it's GREAT for the under eye area, it creases a tiny bit but it's not bad at all, compared to most concealers that crease HORRIBLY. I think it's pretty good for covering up dark circles, in natural lighting it looks so nice and you can't see my dark circles at all, but you can still see them in un-natural lighting, but it's okay since it doesn't look cakey or anything. It looks so natural and nice, lovee it. I think it's my HG under eye concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by iamjess03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I have found. Doesn't mean there aren't better but this works for me. I can use it without a base or primer and it does not crease into my fine lines under my eyes. What more could I ask for. It is also buildable for more coverage. If you want a full coverage concealer, this is not it unless you continue to build it up. It is expensive but I'll pay for a concealer that doesn't crease into my fine lines. The one con is the applicator. It's a clear rubber applicator in which you twist the bottom cap to get the product out. Problem is, every time you twist it after not using it in a while, the concealer comes out thick and clumpy, so I wipe that off and then twist the cap again to get the good creamy concealer that was waiting underneath the clumpy concealer build up. This means I am waisting valuable concealer that I paid good money for!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Pancakeprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Still searching for my HG under eye concealer. I have this in 305 and I think it's too light for me, while the other colors are too yellow or dark for me. I like the consistency of this formula and even though the packaging is a bit wonky I can deal with it. I just can't justify repurchasing another shade and mixing the two colors to make this work for me as I think it would be too costly and a real pain.
Really nice formula though so if you find the right color match you will have good results.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by divineviandi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recommended this at Sephora. Like others I found the applicator inconvenient. I usually like MUFE concealers and I thought I would try another product. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by slidinstop

I feel the applicator is completely wonky... but I just twist up the product and use a brush to apply, which is really is my biggest complaint. A little of this goes a long way, but it completely buildable. I think it might feel a bit cakey if built up too much, but I've played around with it and it has never LOOKED cakey, if it did it'd get a only one lippie.

I'm not sure it's worth the price... That'll depend on how long the product actually lasts. I don't wear makeup every single day, but 2-4 days a week on average, so I may have to update my review after it runs out. I currently have only had it 3 weeks... so the jury is still out.

Overall I've been fairly happy with it... do I think this is an OMG I can't live without this ever???? Meh, not so much. Time will tell. I do think however it has considerably better coverage than my Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer 2.0, which I'd been wearing for the last year.

I don't care for the packaging... It's been my experience that anything twisty/click tends to malfunction along the way and you have to break into the tubes to retrieve product that's held hostage. Also I notice as soon as I twisted it up the first time, there is product leaked around the inside of the applicator top that undoubtedly will be lost forever, unless I break the seal on the applicator top to retreive it when the rest of the tube is used up.

Stay tuned... lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jelaine

I exchanged my Josie Maran Butter Concealer for this one in 340. A great decision. The texture is just right and the colour selection cannot be beat. I think that if you don't like it, it's because you may have made the wrong colour choice because the coverage is perfect and it blends in flawlessly. The price is a bit steep, but if you want the job done, cough up the dough, right? The applicator leaves something to be desired, but you just have to get the hang of it. The silicone tip with the little hole makes the leftover concealer dry up, so the next time you use it you have to twist the dial a few more times to get the product out. I would say that it's relatively sanitary, as long as you put the product on the back of your hand, then apply with the ring finger. (Better than YSL Touche Eclat cause the paintbrush thing just gets GROSS afterwards). I would recommend this to anyone wanting a flawless effect with a good medium coverage. Get it from Sephora and you can always return it if you don't like it! Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ZynthiaR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer...it's the first one I've tried that doesn't cake up on me. I have a love/hate relationship with the packaging....I think the concept is good...but it can waste product which at this price point is a shame.