Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This doesn't cover very dark circles. I need concealer daily for my dark circles and this simply doesn't fit the bill. Granted, this does provide a brightened effect to the under eye area but this is not pigmented enough for covering them. I'm happy with Dior's nude hydrating concealer but I'm ALWAYS on a mission to find a concealer that completely vanishes these beasts! From my experience, the Dior one beats this in pigmentation hands down and for the same price. Also, MUFE, please think of a better package/applicator for this! It never fails, no matter how careful and patient I am, this squirts out in globs. I gave this 3 lippies instead of 2 for the awesome color choices.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The thick coverage was great (expensive but you only need a little bit) and I looked good (not ghost-like). I liked the packaging for sanitary purposes and for quantity control. But I hadn't left the Sephora chair yet and it showed creases already right under my eyelashes. It caked and showed so much more wrinkles than I really had. Then Sephora Assistant suggested putting finishing powder - ever so lightly, it didn't even looked like she applied any. Creased and caked after an hour. My skin looked so dry! I'll stick to my Laura Mercier. Not good for ladies my age who have some lines/wrinkles.

on 8/26/2010 1:03:00 AM

i live in a tropical climate, and take medication that makes me super photosensitive. i've developed some sun spots on my face, and wanted something pretty opaque to cover this up. i have mac and some other concealers, but this stuff really covers it up. and it takes very little to do so. the applicator is odd, but cool as it doesn't really let you waste product. well, at least i don't see that it does. i use a mac concealer brush to put it on tho, the little spatula setup of the applicator doesn't cut it for me.

it dries quick, so you have to work in small batches. you can't put it all over on each spot and work on the whole face. one place at a time. other than that, i really like this and will keep using it for heavier coverage areas.

on 8/24/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a decent concealer. When used correctly, it can give light to medium coverage on my dark under-eye circles. There is VERY little product for the price you pay. I noticed the HD properties in photos when I pair it with the HD foundation (which I happen to love), and like I said find the coverage to be good. It's simply the ridiculous price and the ridiculous quantity that earn this product a lower score. I wanted to love this product... :(

I am in love with this product! I got matched for 305 (I am really pale) and I use this under my eyes and I use this on my blemishes.

For the packaging, it is kind of a problem, but somehow I like it. The 'wand' when I click it doesn't do anything for 1 turn, but when I do 2 more it spills out and I use to much product. I do like the wand for blemishes, because I just flip the wand over, and use that to pat it in!

As for the overall product, it is medium coverage, but I feel like it could build up to be full. It doesn't look cakey, and it lasts a school day. I am excited for using this for school!

on 7/24/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this concealer 2 days ago and I know for a fact this is the best concealer I have ever used (I've tried TONS and TONS for my horrifyingly dark underye circles).
So far the longest period I have worn this product for is 8 hours (but I know it can last longer!)

Pros:
-Great, natural looking coverage
-Brightens the skin, very flattering
-Many color shades available
-Non-drying
-Liquid consistency, which is ideal for undereyes
-Can easily be built up for more coverage without cakiness
-No midday cakeys
-Absolutely minimal creasing. Didn't crease in the very small lines directly over my undereye circles (amazing compared to all the other concealers I have tried) but did crease a tad right in a bigger fine line under my lower eyelashes.
-Long lasting--without the dryness and aging effect some concealers have after a few hours of wear

Cons:
-Packaging is a clicky pen. It's near impossible to get out the perfect amount of concealer without wasting some, as you can't do a 1/2 click or a 1/4 click...
-I really can't tell how much product is in this little clicky pen, but I'm afraid you might not get a large amount compared to other tube concealers.
-Pricey ($28), but normal for MUFE

I would repurchase in a heartbeat. I just may have found my HG concealer.

on 7/13/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this concealer! I've tried SO many concealers for my under eye area, and this is the best one so far. It's very smooth and not cakey at all, so it's GREAT for the under eye area, it creases a tiny bit but it's not bad at all, compared to most concealers that crease HORRIBLY. I think it's pretty good for covering up dark circles, in natural lighting it looks so nice and you can't see my dark circles at all, but you can still see them in un-natural lighting, but it's okay since it doesn't look cakey or anything. It looks so natural and nice, lovee it. I think it's my HG under eye concealer!

on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best concealer I have found. Doesn't mean there aren't better but this works for me. I can use it without a base or primer and it does not crease into my fine lines under my eyes. What more could I ask for. It is also buildable for more coverage. If you want a full coverage concealer, this is not it unless you continue to build it up. It is expensive but I'll pay for a concealer that doesn't crease into my fine lines. The one con is the applicator. It's a clear rubber applicator in which you twist the bottom cap to get the product out. Problem is, every time you twist it after not using it in a while, the concealer comes out thick and clumpy, so I wipe that off and then twist the cap again to get the good creamy concealer that was waiting underneath the clumpy concealer build up. This means I am waisting valuable concealer that I paid good money for!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Still searching for my HG under eye concealer. I have this in 305 and I think it's too light for me, while the other colors are too yellow or dark for me. I like the consistency of this formula and even though the packaging is a bit wonky I can deal with it. I just can't justify repurchasing another shade and mixing the two colors to make this work for me as I think it would be too costly and a real pain.
Really nice formula though so if you find the right color match you will have good results.

I was recommended this at Sephora. Like others I found the applicator inconvenient. I usually like MUFE concealers and I thought I would try another product. I won't be repurchasing.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products