Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

I had that it's a twist use for the product to come out, sometimes i just need the tiniest amount and too much comes out and then it dries out and then the next time i need to use it it's hard to get the right amount out. So i hate the packaging but i love the finish. I had Full Cover before but found it to be a little to cakey, this one is much lighter and smoother finish.

This was recommended to me at Sephora's for my genetic dark circles. I don't have a lot of puffiness but I have a lot of darkness that nothing ever seems to be able to cover up completely.

This is a whatever product and considering it costs 20+ dollars it is SO not worth it! I don't see any difference in quality between this liquid concealer and drugstore liquid concealers I have. That's really all it is, your typical liquid concealer, nothing special about it whatsoever.

Also, the applicator is the worst. It's like those stila lipglosses that twist to release the product on top. You have to twist and twist but nothing comes out and then suddenly just when you think nothing is going to come out of this thing and that it's broken, a huge GLOB of concealer pops out. What a complete waste of product. I end up trying to cap it over the glob so that I don't completely waste it and hope that it doesn't get all over the cap and make a mess. The design is really just awful. There is just no way to get a reasonable amount of concealer out with this thing.

Like I said earlier, it's nothing special when it comes to covering up serious dark circles. If you don't have really bad dark circles and you need just a little bit of coverage, this would be fine but I would still not recommend it. There are MUCH cheaper alternatives out there. If you have really bad dark circles like me, pass.

As far as any other kind of concealing, this would be way too thin for anything on the face.

Pass. Pass. PASS.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Used in conjunction with HD Foundation, I am able to fake flawless skin and a well-rested complexion even when I am hungover and broken out. God love you, Make Up For Ever. You make it easy to justify spending 70 dollars on makeup in one swoop.
This little dispenser thing kind of blows, though. I can't lie. Too much or too little comes out and it gets everywhere. Luckily I love this product so much that I am willing to forgive this atrocity. I like the little clicky noise and pen shape though. Give and take!

I know some folks didn't like this but I have over 20 concealers at home and this is by far the best. It is thick, creamy, and covers my dark circles perfectly. The color blends amazingly well - great color options. I ike the click pen application but still use my finger to blend. It stays PUT! Works wonderfully well. It has the coverage of a pot concealer but more creamy and blends smoothly. It is not too liquidy either. Will buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is merely average, not the worst I have used but definitely not the best. Not worth the hefty price tag. I bought this because I love MUFE full cover concealer (but that concealer is too dry for under the eyes). This didn't cover my dark circles very well. I tried to layer it up but that just made it look to heavy and unnatural. Like other people, I felt the applicator left much to be desired. I returned it to Sephora.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This doesn't cover very dark circles. I need concealer daily for my dark circles and this simply doesn't fit the bill. Granted, this does provide a brightened effect to the under eye area but this is not pigmented enough for covering them. I'm happy with Dior's nude hydrating concealer but I'm ALWAYS on a mission to find a concealer that completely vanishes these beasts! From my experience, the Dior one beats this in pigmentation hands down and for the same price. Also, MUFE, please think of a better package/applicator for this! It never fails, no matter how careful and patient I am, this squirts out in globs. I gave this 3 lippies instead of 2 for the awesome color choices.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The thick coverage was great (expensive but you only need a little bit) and I looked good (not ghost-like). I liked the packaging for sanitary purposes and for quantity control. But I hadn't left the Sephora chair yet and it showed creases already right under my eyelashes. It caked and showed so much more wrinkles than I really had. Then Sephora Assistant suggested putting finishing powder - ever so lightly, it didn't even looked like she applied any. Creased and caked after an hour. My skin looked so dry! I'll stick to my Laura Mercier. Not good for ladies my age who have some lines/wrinkles.

Edit May 2015: Asked for more samples at Sephora. The product in the little vial has dried a bit so now it doesn't crease as much on me. I put Tarte's Colored Clay Concealer in Light Medium or Benefit's Erase Paste as a corrector then dab MUFE concealer on top, then lightly dust with fine powder. In natural lighting, my dark circles disappear. I now have a full pen but I dispense in a vial and wait a day before I use it. The bit in the vial is good for a few months so nothing wasted. Previous rating was 2/5 but am changing it to 4/5 until I can find the one concealer that won't need a corrector underneath.

i live in a tropical climate, and take medication that makes me super photosensitive. i've developed some sun spots on my face, and wanted something pretty opaque to cover this up. i have mac and some other concealers, but this stuff really covers it up. and it takes very little to do so. the applicator is odd, but cool as it doesn't really let you waste product. well, at least i don't see that it does. i use a mac concealer brush to put it on tho, the little spatula setup of the applicator doesn't cut it for me.

it dries quick, so you have to work in small batches. you can't put it all over on each spot and work on the whole face. one place at a time. other than that, i really like this and will keep using it for heavier coverage areas.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a decent concealer. When used correctly, it can give light to medium coverage on my dark under-eye circles. There is VERY little product for the price you pay. I noticed the HD properties in photos when I pair it with the HD foundation (which I happen to love), and like I said find the coverage to be good. It's simply the ridiculous price and the ridiculous quantity that earn this product a lower score. I wanted to love this product... :(

I am in love with this product! I got matched for 305 (I am really pale) and I use this under my eyes and I use this on my blemishes.

For the packaging, it is kind of a problem, but somehow I like it. The 'wand' when I click it doesn't do anything for 1 turn, but when I do 2 more it spills out and I use to much product. I do like the wand for blemishes, because I just flip the wand over, and use that to pat it in!

As for the overall product, it is medium coverage, but I feel like it could build up to be full. It doesn't look cakey, and it lasts a school day. I am excited for using this for school!