October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by TaotaoChoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was debating whether to give this product 3 stars or 4 stars - I would give it 3 and a half if that was possible.

I do love most of the shades in this palette and unlike The Romantic Eye or Naked Eye Kit which seem to cater for people of fairer complexions I did feel this palette worked fine on my NW20 complexion.

I really hated the names of the shadows in this palette. I also found the fallout of the shade "Nude Beach" to be comparable to Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy Rides Again - fallout was insane! Application was bad and blending unthinkable - I had a face covered in glitter afterwards.

I think for someone just getting into makeup this would be an excellent palette. For me personally, the reason I gave it 3 stars is because I think there are better neutral-ish palettes out there. I prefer UD's Naked palette because I preferred it for my neutral to warm skin tone. I also think this palette is a little overpriced for what it actually offers. At 26 I'd prefer to add more and get some Inglot shadows or pay towards another full sized Urban Decay palette.

This isn't a bad palette by any means, I just don't think it's an all rounder as one shade is completely useless because of the fallout issues and there are a couple that are chalky and lacking in pigmentation compared to the shimmery shades.This might be a good one for a beginner-intermediate but dedicated makeup junkies might want to give this a miss as there are so many better dupes out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite pallette and that is saying a lot since I was once a eyeshadow junkie. I own to many to count. This would work for just about anyone. The colors are very neutral, very blendable, and last all day on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this palette 9 months ago because the UD Naked Palette was so difficult to find and I heard this was a comparable product. If you like a natural eye then this is a perfect palette, especially if you prefer shimmer. The matte colors in this palette aren't really my favorite...the lightest matte shadow is a bit chalky and the other matte colors are sort of bland (though I occasionally mix them to fill in my brows). The shimmery shadows are great and blend perfectly, last all day, etc. I think it's a good alternative to the Naked Palette if you can't find it or don't want to get it for one reason or another.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jod84

overall the shadows have great color pay off and seem to last long with or without useing my udpp however i dislike the shimmer in most of the shadows and the fall out is so annoying!! you do get 3 matt shadows but they look pretty muddy on me :( and the packaging is a pain it's too big and not some thing i would like to carry around all day. i won't buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I just wish that the large shadow on the bottom left corner didn't have so much glitter fall out. Every other colour is beautiful and completely wearable. I have this, and the naked palette and I think I actually am one of the few who prefer this one. I find the colours blend easier, and make my eyes stand out more than the naked palette. If these were the only eyeshadows I owned, I'd be okay with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Klovemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this palette. I've never been the type of person who is a fan of bright colors on the lid, I find it to be a bit tacky. That's why when I saw this I just had to buy it. It's perfect for everyday use. It's easy to transform from day to a night look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by gabrielamtz19

i really like the colors... they are super pigmented and easy to blend... most of the eyeshadows are shimmery which i love.. definitely recommend it if you're into neutral colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Lindz27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great palette for everyday use. I'm not in love with the bulkiness of the packaging, but the colors are very pigmented and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by xmakeupaddictx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite eye shadow set yet! I tend to not look good in bright or colored eye shadows, so this set jumped out to me at Sephora. I can honestly say that all of the colors are usable, and can be used and experimented with eachother so easily! I like to sweep the light brown shade in the middle of the package over my lids and blend in the sparkely dark brown in the bottom right of the package into the outside corners of my eyes and fade it into the center of my lid. I also like to use a larger metallic brown chubby eyeshadow and lightly blend that right above my lashline on the upper lid and then follow with espresso colored eyeliner and Diorshow mascara. These shadows can easily be taken into the nightime and are highly pigmented and blend easily. This is a must have for ladies who love neutrals. You won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by crimsonangel

The Too Faced Natural Palette is a very nice palette for beginners and for those who just want a neutral colored palette. The cards the palette comes with is very helpful for those who don't know how to use the colors together. The pigmentation and lasting power of these shadows are very good so the value of this palette is pretty decent. There's also variety of finishes (matte, shimmer, etc.) as well as colors in different families in this palette which allows a person to create more diverse looks from natural to a more smokey look.

Although this palette has very nice colors (Push-up is my favorite color because it's the most unique out of the nine), there are also many dupes for this.
There have been comparisons between this palette and Urban Decay's Naked Palette. If you're looking for more colors and you're more advanced, the Naked Palette is probably more benefical for you.

Overall, this is a nice palette, especially for beginners because they will not be overwhelmed by the number of colors. Personally, I do not believe this is a "must-have palette" but is very close to it. The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase this because I have so many other eyeshadows and I always try something new.