August 21, 2014 | 1434 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by carefreedv

So I got this while at Walmart because I had a $1 off any Maybelline Great Lash product. So all in all it was only $2.84 +tax....Any who I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. I have heard many reviews from people saying how wet the formula is however my bottle was not. It had the perfect consistency. Not too wet or to dry. Maybe the newer bottles have been reformulated? It made my lashes look feathery and light and didn't smudge or flake.Gave some volume and length. It's not a VAVOOM look ( though I think you can build it up) but it's nice for daytime. Also for it being non-waterproof it did hold the curl well after curling it with my Shu. For reference I have stick straight Asian lashes that while being fairly long lack volume. This did darken and give my lashes a more full look. Hope that helps.

Here is pic on my blog http://dvcorruptingmindssince1987.blogspot.com/2011/08/battle-of-maybelline-great-lash.html

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:24:00 AM More reviews by K8EV

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time FAV mascara. I've been using it for years... i've actually lost track of how many times i've repurchased this. it actually lasts pretty long too. i love my eyelashes to be BIG and to stand out and this does that for me. I don't want to try another mascara because i'm so happy with this product.
The packaging is cute, love the colors especially since they have brightened them and i love the wand.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by vaanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the price of this mascara and I love the big brush. However, it flakes and smudges, which drives me crazy! I ended up throwing it away. It may be due to the fact that I am in MN during July (humidity!) but I'm going to try a different product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After recent disappointments with Lancome, Clinique and flirt mascaras, ( see reviews) I went on a mission, to find the best drugstore mascaras after reading articles and reviews (both on makeup alley and the companies websites) I went to ulta today And purchased this mascara along with the falsies winged and loreal voluminous (see reviews) this was a great mascara! it added loads if length UP TO MY EYEBROWS! (which is what I look for) and a decent amount of volume with no clumping all for 4.99. amazing at ten bucks cheaper it kicked cliniques butt. the brush was also really nice while it was indeed big it narrowed at the end which allowed me to easily get those baby lashes on the inside as well as do my bottom lashes. Nice job maybelline, but I still gave it a 4 because it's not the best ever deffinicils from lancome still wins.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this but it smudged ALL the time. Maybe it would be better in the winter or when it isn't so humid? Definite no for humid climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started using the regular Great Lash when I was 15 and was very happy with it for years and years. That is, until I came across Big! Bigger brush, bigger lashes! I love it even more than the original! This stuff makes me look like I use Latisse. It never clumps. I get perfect lashes each time. Even though it's not waterproof, it doesn't smudge. This is HG mascara for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i reviewed the original great lash at a 2 lippies. this gets a 5. my biggest problem with the original great lash was the brush--it was hard to build without getting clumpy so you had to use a different brush, and if you had to touch up your mascara on the go you'd end up with clumpy spider lashes (if you had to use the brush that was in the tube).

the mascara formula itself was actually very good, which is why Great Lash has been recommended by fashion mags for YEARS. it's VERY light, it builds well, and it doesn't flake. also, you can touch up your mascara without flaking... and now that it has a much better brush, you don't have to worry as much about separation. i think i just found my HG mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this much, MUCH better than the original. I prefer big, natural brushes. None of this silicone brush, spiky ended crap! Give me a traditional brush any day.

I have no problems maneuvering this brush. In fact, when it comes to these kind of brushes, I like big over small. That's because I just seem to get more volume and a wider, more innocent, prettier look with bigger brushes.

Maybe that's just me. I like this mascara occasionally. It's not my everyday mascara, and definitely not HG material.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsNeonColorss

I have pretty good lashes, and they are thick and coarse. So, I thought why not give a mascara a try to give them some boost. So I went into walmart, and picked this up. I liked the packing, it seemed promising , and the price was only $3.97. So after I went home I went online to seem if people liked it, and reading the reviews on MakeupAlley I thought there was a 50 - 50 % chance I would like it. I tried it on, and the first time it seemed to thick for me, and after it dried it , I couldnt apply more on, without it being icky. I liked the big brush , but to bad it was to big for my inner lashes and bottom ones. So I tried it again this morning, and my overall review is its pretty good. I applied 2-3 coats while it is was wet, and let it dry and went to my second eye and did the same. No flaking(so far), no clumps, no smudging, very nice color, and adorable packing! My lashes look fuller, natural, and longer then they are(even though they are pretty long)! This was my first mascara so, I liked it. I plan on trying more, from different company's to compare and also other ones from Maybelline. I hope this was helpful and thanks for reading. (:<3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara!. I use blackest-black - I'm dark-skinned African American so the shade is perfect for me. It doesn't clump. It thickens a bit, not as much as others I've used but it's enough to add definition to my lashes. And I think it evens curls my lashes some. I"m not a fan of the original Great Lash but I like this one.