November 20, 2014 | 1681 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by andie0929

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Went in to buy my usual Great Lash and picked this one up accidentally (someone was standing in front of the display). The bigger brush does get to all of my lashes, I see no clumps, and it does give some volume. No bleeding thus far (I usually work 12-15 hours a day), gives decent length but it's not amazing. Not sure if I would repurchase and I might do an edit to my post since I have not tried it with curled lashes. This mascara is just "alright".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually love this mascara! On its own, its okay, nothing dramatic, though it is buildable. I like to use it when my makeup is minimal. Its dark and doesnt smudge or flake. But when I use it with an other mascara, wow! It really comes to life, my lashes get both volume and length. This is def becomimg HG status for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by carefreedv

So I got this while at Walmart because I had a $1 off any Maybelline Great Lash product. So all in all it was only $2.84 +tax....Any who I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. I have heard many reviews from people saying how wet the formula is however my bottle was not. It had the perfect consistency. Not too wet or to dry. Maybe the newer bottles have been reformulated? It made my lashes look feathery and light and didn't smudge or flake.Gave some volume and length. It's not a VAVOOM look ( though I think you can build it up) but it's nice for daytime. Also for it being non-waterproof it did hold the curl well after curling it with my Shu. For reference I have stick straight Asian lashes that while being fairly long lack volume. This did darken and give my lashes a more full look. Hope that helps.

Here is pic on my blog http://dvcorruptingmindssince1987.blogspot.com/2011/08/battle-of-maybelline-great-lash.html

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:24:00 AM More reviews by K8EV

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time FAV mascara. I've been using it for years... i've actually lost track of how many times i've repurchased this. it actually lasts pretty long too. i love my eyelashes to be BIG and to stand out and this does that for me. I don't want to try another mascara because i'm so happy with this product.
The packaging is cute, love the colors especially since they have brightened them and i love the wand.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by vaanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the price of this mascara and I love the big brush. However, it flakes and smudges, which drives me crazy! I ended up throwing it away. It may be due to the fact that I am in MN during July (humidity!) but I'm going to try a different product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After recent disappointments with Lancome, Clinique and flirt mascaras, ( see reviews) I went on a mission, to find the best drugstore mascaras after reading articles and reviews (both on makeup alley and the companies websites) I went to ulta today And purchased this mascara along with the falsies winged and loreal voluminous (see reviews) this was a great mascara! it added loads if length UP TO MY EYEBROWS! (which is what I look for) and a decent amount of volume with no clumping all for 4.99. amazing at ten bucks cheaper it kicked cliniques butt. the brush was also really nice while it was indeed big it narrowed at the end which allowed me to easily get those baby lashes on the inside as well as do my bottom lashes. Nice job maybelline, but I still gave it a 4 because it's not the best ever deffinicils from lancome still wins.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this but it smudged ALL the time. Maybe it would be better in the winter or when it isn't so humid? Definite no for humid climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started using the regular Great Lash when I was 15 and was very happy with it for years and years. That is, until I came across Big! Bigger brush, bigger lashes! I love it even more than the original! This stuff makes me look like I use Latisse. It never clumps. I get perfect lashes each time. Even though it's not waterproof, it doesn't smudge. This is HG mascara for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i reviewed the original great lash at a 2 lippies. this gets a 5. my biggest problem with the original great lash was the brush--it was hard to build without getting clumpy so you had to use a different brush, and if you had to touch up your mascara on the go you'd end up with clumpy spider lashes (if you had to use the brush that was in the tube).

the mascara formula itself was actually very good, which is why Great Lash has been recommended by fashion mags for YEARS. it's VERY light, it builds well, and it doesn't flake. also, you can touch up your mascara without flaking... and now that it has a much better brush, you don't have to worry as much about separation. i think i just found my HG mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this much, MUCH better than the original. I prefer big, natural brushes. None of this silicone brush, spiky ended crap! Give me a traditional brush any day.

I have no problems maneuvering this brush. In fact, when it comes to these kind of brushes, I like big over small. That's because I just seem to get more volume and a wider, more innocent, prettier look with bigger brushes.

Maybe that's just me. I like this mascara occasionally. It's not my everyday mascara, and definitely not HG material.