July 28, 2014 | 2053 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by vaanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the price of this mascara and I love the big brush. However, it flakes and smudges, which drives me crazy! I ended up throwing it away. It may be due to the fact that I am in MN during July (humidity!) but I'm going to try a different product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After recent disappointments with Lancome, Clinique and flirt mascaras, ( see reviews) I went on a mission, to find the best drugstore mascaras after reading articles and reviews (both on makeup alley and the companies websites) I went to ulta today And purchased this mascara along with the falsies winged and loreal voluminous (see reviews) this was a great mascara! it added loads if length UP TO MY EYEBROWS! (which is what I look for) and a decent amount of volume with no clumping all for 4.99. amazing at ten bucks cheaper it kicked cliniques butt. the brush was also really nice while it was indeed big it narrowed at the end which allowed me to easily get those baby lashes on the inside as well as do my bottom lashes. Nice job maybelline, but I still gave it a 4 because it's not the best ever deffinicils from lancome still wins.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wanted to love this but it smudged ALL the time. Maybe it would be better in the winter or when it isn't so humid? Definite no for humid climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started using the regular Great Lash when I was 15 and was very happy with it for years and years. That is, until I came across Big! Bigger brush, bigger lashes! I love it even more than the original! This stuff makes me look like I use Latisse. It never clumps. I get perfect lashes each time. Even though it's not waterproof, it doesn't smudge. This is HG mascara for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i reviewed the original great lash at a 2 lippies. this gets a 5. my biggest problem with the original great lash was the brush--it was hard to build without getting clumpy so you had to use a different brush, and if you had to touch up your mascara on the go you'd end up with clumpy spider lashes (if you had to use the brush that was in the tube).

the mascara formula itself was actually very good, which is why Great Lash has been recommended by fashion mags for YEARS. it's VERY light, it builds well, and it doesn't flake. also, you can touch up your mascara without flaking... and now that it has a much better brush, you don't have to worry as much about separation. i think i just found my HG mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this much, MUCH better than the original. I prefer big, natural brushes. None of this silicone brush, spiky ended crap! Give me a traditional brush any day.

I have no problems maneuvering this brush. In fact, when it comes to these kind of brushes, I like big over small. That's because I just seem to get more volume and a wider, more innocent, prettier look with bigger brushes.

Maybe that's just me. I like this mascara occasionally. It's not my everyday mascara, and definitely not HG material.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsNeonColorss

I have pretty good lashes, and they are thick and coarse. So, I thought why not give a mascara a try to give them some boost. So I went into walmart, and picked this up. I liked the packing, it seemed promising , and the price was only $3.97. So after I went home I went online to seem if people liked it, and reading the reviews on MakeupAlley I thought there was a 50 - 50 % chance I would like it. I tried it on, and the first time it seemed to thick for me, and after it dried it , I couldnt apply more on, without it being icky. I liked the big brush , but to bad it was to big for my inner lashes and bottom ones. So I tried it again this morning, and my overall review is its pretty good. I applied 2-3 coats while it is was wet, and let it dry and went to my second eye and did the same. No flaking(so far), no clumps, no smudging, very nice color, and adorable packing! My lashes look fuller, natural, and longer then they are(even though they are pretty long)! This was my first mascara so, I liked it. I plan on trying more, from different company's to compare and also other ones from Maybelline. I hope this was helpful and thanks for reading. (:<3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara!. I use blackest-black - I'm dark-skinned African American so the shade is perfect for me. It doesn't clump. It thickens a bit, not as much as others I've used but it's enough to add definition to my lashes. And I think it evens curls my lashes some. I"m not a fan of the original Great Lash but I like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sparksflylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara!!!

When I realized that CoverGirl's mascaras SUCK, I went to Maybelline. This mascara is great for volume. I've gone through about 4 tubes of it... I ran out a while ago and bought others so I can review those as well... My latest mascara is Hypnose by Lancome...I paid $25+tax for it and it comes no where near the quality of this mascara.
plus this mascara is practically waterproof and never clumps or smudges :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

The original Great Lash is okay. It's a good basic mascara. I like oomph though and not natural looking lashes. I had found this by searching online and decided to buy it.

It's okay but still not as good as L'Oreal Voluminous.