Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 3/26/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, the texture of this balm is its only redeeming factor for me. Like the original Fresh lip treatment, is goes on like butter. It feels a bit thin on my lips, but it's not bad. I also love the packaging...it's high quality and pretty, like a high-end lipstick. However, it's not very moisturizing, and I can't stand the smell of any of the Fresh balms. They have a very citronella-like scent, sort of like a mosquito-repelling candle. I also have an issue with the "rose" tint in this version...it's sheer, but too bright for a tinted lip balm. It actually looks kind of cheap, IMO, and I can only pull it off on very rare occasions. For the price, I expected more - maybe more moisturization, maybe a more wearable tint...

on 3/20/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's pretty okay. I like the texture and the light natural red tint and I find it more moisturizing than most lip products, but the packaging is annoying and there is SO little product. I got it for my birthday and that was great, but it is not worth paying money for.

on 3/19/2013 10:49:00 AM

I LOVE this product. I tried a free sample of this and it is my fav. It's a gorgeous color and it makes my lips feel so amazing! I've tried some of the other colors but this one is my favorite and I feel that it works on most people.

on 3/13/2013 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora, and I absolutely love the color! It glides on smoothly and really finishes the look if I'm going out. It does the same as any other chapstick..but unlike the rest it doesn't stay on for very long. I don't know if it's any better than the $1 chapstick that you can buy at a drug store, but then again I only wear it if I really need it. As others have mentioned, it is really soft so make sure not to push too hard (though I've never had that problem).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It is nice, but not all that. Honestly,I think the price is hugely inflated. The package feels "nice", but because the balm itself is so soft it breaks off and there goes $20+ down the drain. You can get your lips just as moisturized with something like Nivea balm for a lot less, and if it breaks or if you lose it it isn't a huge deal.

I got this product as a birthday gift from Sephora. I was excited to use it as my sister loves Fresh products and recommended them to me. I was relieved to get a smaller size to try as this product is actually quite expensive. I love how dewy and rosy my lips look but the product doesn't last very long. I'm aware that its a treatment but it feels like it stays on for 5 minutes:( Also the product is really soft and can break easily....not really good seeings how expensive it is! The smell is intoxicating and the colour is pretty but I couldn't ever justify purchasing this product, as the cost is not worth what you get in return.

I'll stick to my $5.99 rose salve that does the exact same job;)

EDIT: I purchased a Fresh bag from Sephora with a full sized Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatment, their Seaberry Moisturizer and the soy cleanser all in a cute Fresh cosmetic bag for $37. I purchased it because I wanted to try the soy cleanser. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually love the NORMAL size of the Sugar Rose lip balm better than the smaller sample which always broke. It gives me a nice subtle glow to my lips...again...don't like the price or how it doesn't last long... So I did repurchase even though I said I wouldn't... lol

on 3/7/2013 11:09:00 PM

Whoever is in charge for marketing for Fresh should get a gold medal. I find their products consistently average at best, yet I'm still drawn to the packaging. I love the metal tubes of lip gloss, but the packaging is the best feature. The rose doesn't show up on my pigmented lips and it's not especially more moisturizing than Nivea lip balm. Save your $$ for something else, if you can resist the packaging :)

on 3/6/2013 12:23:00 PM

So I have this in the Rose mini birthday set, which I had to request as this months gift is Benefit lashes. I had actually gone in and bought the Berry color, which I also did a review on. First off, yes they are really expensive and I feel really guilty that I purchased one. The only way that I will not feel guilty again is by using the tips I make at work, during the summer as I am at school, or special money times and also between the fact that I have given up buying and wearing any type of face makeup. Scary!! . However, I change between the Rose and Berry each day, and love them.

Honestly, I never noticed a difference in my chapped lips with Nivea Kiss of Moisture, which I used a thousand times over till it just fell apart one day while applying. It only made a difference while on my lips, and even then it was really waxy and when I rubbed my lips together I could feel my skin. Gross. So I tried Nivea Honey and milk for Colds chapstick, blarg!!! I had a reaction to it almost immediately and it tasted and felt awful on my lips. I've had Burts Bees, EOS, The Ever popular tinted lipbalms from the big houses of the drugstore, and only Burts Bees came close to comparing with this.

The Rose is very subtle on my already super pigmented lips. It gives a nice glow to them, but it is not super oily. I've heard people complain that it doesn't sink all the way into your lips. You never want a product to sink all the way in! The feel that is on your lips? That is a protective barrier so that your lips don't chap further. If it all sank in then the product would be silly and not work.

I have been using this for a week now and honestly I have no idea what people are talking about with the smooshing or breaking off. I twist mine up so its only just peeking out of the amazing casing, and push it into my lips. No melting, no breaking, no smooshing. I've also learned storing them in a fridge makes them go on differently. They pack more of a punch that way, and the chill on your lips will make you smile.

The lemon scent is a nice touch, delicious, and I have yet to feel my chapped lips come back even when I'm not wearing this stuff. :)

on 2/28/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First got this as birthday sample from Sephora, then got another through buying the 6 miniset. These are hands down the best lip balms I've ever used, so moisturizing, makes my lips feel really soft. This shade gives a nice rosy tint that flatters my skin tone. It's pricy but not the worst (YSL's lip balms are $38 and aren't as moisturizing as these)

on 2/26/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

A friend gave me this product as a gift. While I must confess that the metal tube is quite pretty and sturdy, this has got to be one of the biggest scams out there for an over-priced lip product. I checked out the Fresh web-store and saw that this costs quite a hefty chunk of change. Then I looked at the ingredient list. Sadly, none of the ingredients provide adequate SPF protection, and the addition of citrus ingredients, which are known photo-sensitizers, seems utterly counterproductive in a cosmetic formulation. They really dropped the ball on this one. Basically, you are paying for a pretty package. The formula itself is too slick and slippery to last very long, so the moisturizing effect is minimal as well. Just totally shocked by this product, and not it a good way. Boo hiss.

Popular Lip Treatments