September 23, 2014 | 1850 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by anniejade

WHAT IS THIS STUFF?!!?!? Being a girl who can't get her lashes to curl, and knowing WP formulas really help with that. I figured this should be good considering the name applies "curves". THIS PRODUCT SUCKS!! it does absolutely NOTHING to your lashes but darken it a little bit. They need to discontinue this ASAP.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Piece of....Literally the worst mascara I've wasted my money on in years, that I resorted to once when I went somewhere without mascara. It did nothing but wet my lashes and then smear everywhere. I wiped it off and tried again, barely blinking for several minutes. It coats the lashes in a very strange fashion, and so I gave up on it. Really, it is overall a waste of time and money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara does nothing...I mean, absolutely nothing, nada, zero. It doesnt volumize, it doesn't lengthen, it's not even truly black (even though I got the darkest black it comes in). Worst of all is: it's not even waterproof. I applied it to my lower lashes and in literally 3 hours it was all smudged and crumled under my eyes. Sucks terribly!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by lipstickonthefilter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Omg, this mascara is a horrid GOOPY mess. I can't believe I wasted my money on such a horrible product. Spidery overly clumped lashes from a bad bad purchase. This has put me off waterproof drugstore mascaras forever. Stay away!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by banana0404

this is an amazing mascara, i have been using it for a couple of years now.
it lasts around 3-4 months in my opinion. costs 8 which is a good price for this amazing mascara.
if you dont like clumpy mascara then use this. you will need a couple of coats but it gives your eyes an amazing finish, making them look very very long and not clumpy at all.
i highly reccomend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I really regret impulse buys. Especially when I get on here and see the reviews. I would have thought by now I wouldn't buy any beauty product without consulting MUA. I usually don't but I was in Target and in a hurry and grabbed one of the first waterproof mascaras I saw. Eee gads. While this isn't the worst mascara (That honor goes to Revlon's 3D one) this comes in a close second. I'm not horribly picky, I just wanted something that wouldn't run when I'm outside or exercising or just whenever I wanted waterproof. This takes an insane amount of time to dry. Like 10 minutes. It does absolutely nothing for my lashes except darken them (mine are pale blonde). One use and it's already in my trashcan.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mdanley76

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me this product doesn't really live up to its name. It supposedly boosts volume and curl but it doesnt do any of these for me. The formula is quite thin and very wet. It does lengthen to an extent and I found that it doesnt clump but that's probably because of the thin formula. It doesnt do much for volume and the claim to give 70% curlier lashes is an absolute joke. If anything it weighs my curl down a little :( however, it is genuinely waterproof and it doesn't smudge or flake. It isn't a completely useless product but I personally wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by FYI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must be the odd bird out because I really like this product. I like a more natural look so maybe that helps. There's nothing real dramatic about it but it coats nicely and adds just the right amount of volume and look of length for my somewhat sparse eyelashes.

It's a rare mascara that doesn't flake on me and I think that's why I love this one so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by honeydovey

I was just buying this because I wanted to try a new mascara. I have to say this mascara is quite disappointing.

Although, the name implies that it will give our lashes sexy curves. This waterproof mascara does not hold my curls at all. After I curled my lashes and apply a coat of this... well it went back right back to straight. Like other said, this formula takes forever a dry which is a pain to wait for it without moving your lashes too much since it will definitely transfer and ruin your eyeshadows. This mascara gives an okay lenghtening but not so much for volumizing. I would still use this tube until it's done since I hate wasting products. The only thing good about it, is that it doesn't smudge too much or give me raccoon eyes. When it is dried enough, I can try to curl my lashes again and the mascara won't clump together which is quite surprising.

Overall, I won't buy it again, since there are alot of better mascara out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: I have small-ish, very deep set eyes. I usually like more dramatic mascaras, but in this case I wanted an every-day, natural type of mascara. I bought this in the color "001 Black" without checking MUA first (a mistake).

**Please check the pictures at the end for before and after shots and product photos. (Press "CONTINUE" to see them)**

DESCRIPTION OF FORMULA: Rimmel promises that it is a "100% waterproof formula" that provides "up to 70% more curl and voluptuous volume," and that the mascara "removes easily with regular eye makeup remover." I found that this is a very natural mascara (looks almost like bare lashes), will not give you much volume or length, and that it will probably flatten your curl. The formula on this one is pretty thin and very, very wet which leads to problems with drying time.

PRICE: (1 = dirt cheap, 5 = expensive) 1.5/5

Around 7 USD for 8 ml (0.27 fl oz).

APPLICATOR: 4/5

It's a pretty narrow and long plastic brush that curves in and out (see picture below). The brush is okay. It's not sharp, but obviously it's a bad idea to poke yourself in the eye with it. The narrowness of the brush would also allow it to work for people with small eyes, who might have trouble with big applicators. The bristles are also of a nice length and can effectively comb out the lashes. It looks like it's constructed with a natural lash look in mind.

LASH EFFECT: 2/5

(See pictures below, please.) I wasn't expecting lush lashes, but even judging it along natural mascara standards, this failed to deliver. As you can see, 2 coats hardly made a difference on my lashes. I had to seriously layer the product while twirling and jiggling the brush. And even then, when I had basically gooped as much as I could on my lashes without creating spider lash spikes, it didn't volumize or lengthen as well as 2 light coats of CoverGirl Lash Exact or of L'Oreal Lash Out. As for curling, I didn't see much effect at all. In fact, it looks like it straightened my lashes a bit. Usually waterproof mascaras tend to hold a better curl than regular mascaras because they have more wax in them, but this one's formula is so wet that it straightens out the curl. The overall effect would have been okay for a natural-look mascara if it had taken 2 coats to achieve, not more than 4.

DRYING TIME: 0/5

Very, very slow. This is actually one of my biggest problems with this mascara, and the biggest reason why I would not repurchase this. If you do just one swipe, give this about 2-3 minutes before it gets dry enough that it won't get all over the place. If you layer it a lot, like I do, give this at least 10-15 minutes. Otherwise, you will end up with ugly black smudges on your lids and undereyes.

STAYING POWER: 4.5/5

Very good. It lasts pretty much all day with little to no flaking.

WATERPROOF: 4/5

If you get water on your eyes, this isn't going to run down your face, but some will come off onto your fingers if you rub your lashes. This is probably because it was formulated to come off with regular makeup remover.

REMOVABILITY: 5/5

What I did like is that it is pretty easy to get this off with soap and water. Sometimes even non-waterproof mascaras don't like to come off, and they leave a residue or stain on my skin. I had no problems removing this mascara.

PACKAGING: 4.5/5

The packaging doesn't look or feel particularly high end, but it is very sturdy and eye-catching. The mascara comes in a curving, really bright, metallic aqua, plastic tube. The tube's lettering is white, and interestingly hasn't faded at all, despite being carried around in my school bag along with my pens, pencils and various other paraphenelia for over a month. Normally the lettering on lipglosses and mascaras will have faded significantly by that point. All I can see in fact are a few minor scratches on the aqua tube, which reveal a silver undercoat.

MISC

I have very sensitive eyes and this mascara did not bother them. If you are concerned, you should check with your doctor whether this mascara is okay for you.

OVERALL: 2/5

I really didn't like this mascara. While it is true that I tend to like a more dramatic and volumized lashes in general, I feel that as far as more everyday mascaras go, this still didn't measure up. What really lowered its rating is the slow drying time. I don't have the time or patience to watch how I blink or smile for 15 minutes after application. I shouldn't have to goop on more than 4 coats to get such a minimal effect, when I could just as easily swipe another mascara over my lashes and be done in under a minute. Your mileage may vary of course, since mascaras work so differently on people, but I personally will not be repurchasing. Once I get to 3 months with this mascara I'm happily throwing it out.

Thanks so much for reading my review! I hope it was helpful to you.

PICTURES: (Please press "CONTINUE" to see them)

I didn't use a lash curler, and I'm not wearing any concealer, so behold my dark circles in all their glory. =D

My natural lashes.

Two coats. Barely any difference from the original lashes.

Several (I lost count after 4) coats after drying for 20 minutes. So not worth the effort.

And a distance shot to show that the effect after so many coats really isn't anything to write home about.

continued >>