August 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Coccolina

The words are not enough to express my high satisfaction with this mascara. I tried everything out there, literally. I bought a regular, not waterproof version, and was amazed at its staying power. This mascara defines, adds length and volume, doesn't flake or smudge, and yet it's easy to remove! What else can you ask for? I usually wear a primer underneath any mascara, but this one doesn't require a primer - it just makes your lashes so voluminous! For a super-duper dramatic look you can try applying 2 coats, but I really think it's unnecessary.

UPDATE: developed allergic reaction to it and had to discontinue use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by seattlegrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara right now. I prefer it over the two MAC types I have. I was really skeptical to try it, even though I've used BE foundation for six years. I received it free as a gwp, and fell in love. It reaches EVERY lash, works great for bottom lashes, doesn't clump and doesn't flake. The wand is hard little pokey things instead of the normal bristles, and it makes it really easy to get all of the lash. Love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeUpToo

I love, love this mascara! It is as good as, if not better than, the higher priced mascaras from Lancome and Chanel. It now comes in two different styles of brushes, but is the same formula. I prefer the "fatty" type of brush if I'm in a big hurry because it will put more mascara on my lashes. But it is harder to use than the regular, skinny brush. This mascara both lengthens and thickens my lashes without any clumping whatsoever. With the skinny brush I can get individual eye lashes touched up easily. I suspect that the women who have not had good results with this mascara only used one coat. You definitely have to do two coats with the fatty brush and at least three with the skinny brush. But it gives you a beautiful, feathered, false eye lash look when applied properly. This is by far the best mascara I've ever used. It even comes off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by lilsuzyp31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My everyday mascara! This leaves my lashes soft, dark, and separated! Not too dark for work. And its easy to remove at night! Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

I just tried this for the first time recently, and I have to say I love this mascara. Love, love, love! It is such a nice creamy formula and goes on easily without clumping. I also think the brush does a really good job of seperating lashes while still managing to put product ON them.

It's staying power isn't excellent- I do touch up from time to time, but that is with most mascaras that aren't waterproof (which is my only real complaint about this mascara and why it got 4 stars instead of 5).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I bought this after receiving a free sample of the Volumizing version that I guess is new for 2010? Anyway, I liked the volumizing formula, but the brush is too big for my taste. I detest mascaras with huge brushes, (ie. Dior Show, MAC Opulash, Cover Girl LashBlast, etc.) so I thought I would try BE's other Flawless Definition mascara with the smaller, thinner, plastic brush. I like the mascara, except it doesn't give me that extra length that I get from other, cheaper mascaras like Maybelline Lash Stiletto and L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition. Overall, Flawless Definition is not a bad mascara, but it is not worth a perfect rating, because I have definitely used better. I have had no smudging or flaking with this one, but sometimes it tends to clump random lashes together during application- which can be quite annoying. I also find it takes a little longer to dry between coats, and since my bottom lashes stay wet longer... some of the mascara wipes away when I clean up under my eyes. I will probably not repurchase when I am finished w/ this tube, because I can get cheaper mascaras that suit my needs better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by notsogirly818

i love this mascara it makes my lashes look really long :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Unicorn14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have really tricky eyelashes. Since my skin is light, most black mascaras look really unnatural. Also, I think my eyelashes are long enough, and most mascara I've tried just adds length, not volume. This mascara looks really natural with good definition, and the black looks almost brown, which is a good thing in my opinion. I would love to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by vanrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying and failing with some other mascaras I decided that I did like this mascara after all - no flaking, goes on well, the brush separates lashes well. Also good for sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholic818

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that this product hasn't gotten more recognition. It is possibly my HG mascara! I've been using it everyday because it NEVER leaves my lashes clumpy or spidery, which is usually the biggest problem for me. I love that it adds length and definition. I'm not quite sure how waterproof it is, as I haven't tested it out in that aspect, but I haven't had any issues when it comes to smudging due to sweat or anything like that. There's also no flaking whatsoever, and it leaves your lashes feeling "healthy" if you know what I mean.. lol
The packaging is sleek, and it comes with a lot of product.
Bottom Line: I recommend this if you're looking for an everyday lengthening mascara. Although, if you're looking for a volumizing/ dramatic affect, this will not work for you.