July 31, 2014 | 1341 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by starsobrite

I went to Macy's one day and was looking around for a great matte foundation since I have oily skin. The BE SA picked out a color for me and dusted it all over my face. It looked nice and she assured me that it would control my oil so I purchased it and went about my day. About two hours later, my makeup felt very heavy. When I looked in a mirror, I was shocked to see that my face was completely oily and that the foundation had also oxidized! It was several shades darker than my skin tone and I looked completely awful! To make matters worse, the next day, I had broken out in little whiteheads because it had clogged my pores. I promptly returned this and will not be purchasing anything else from BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

love love LOVE this foundation! It was the first foundation I ever bought and I didn't like it at the time for whatever reason but as I true more and more brands I decided to give it one more try and I don't know what made me leave it in the first place! It gives me the perfect coverage I need and just makes my skin look good. When I wear the foundation people compliment me on my skin looking good and they have no idea I'm even wearing anything :) this actually helps control my oiliness more than my Mac Pro longwear surprisingly. I can't rave enough about this foundation! It's my everyday foundation and I hope they never stop making it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by theeviemeister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first and only foundation I had ever bought, but sadly I wont be buying again. its probably just my awkward skin, but this product broke me out, make my skin oily but somehow gave me dry patches at the same time, and has given me weird blocked pores some of which I still have. if bare escentuals did a liquid foundation for heavy coverage, I would probably stock buy it, but the powder was too light so it clogged up my pores. also, it oxidizes after about two minutes. sorry, bare escentuals fans!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It gives me an everyday, easy to apply flawless look. It controls my oily areas and melts perfectly to my skin. I would recommend to those who prefer a more natural full coverage look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using BareMinerals for a very long time. I change between light to Golden medium depending on the season and my tan. It sets on my face well and leaves a nice matte finish. Great for all skin types. Do make sure to moisturize well or use a primer before applying though. I will use this to duct forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Nubianbeauty90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation, but this just isn't working! I've used all types of oil control lotions and primers and this is just not staying matte at all! I think it also oxidizes and makes me look red/orange. But the coverage is just right for me. Another thing I don't like is that it settles into my lines and make look years and years older! I may be returning this if I can't find a way to make it work. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Goliath1357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the HCG diet and I was looking for a oil-free foundation to use since you can't use anything with oil on your skin while on the diet. I decided to try this foundation after many HCG sites recommended it and I was quite disappointed. I like my foundation to be medium to full coverage to cover some redness and other minor imperfections. Sadly this product performed as well as a foundation as a translucent setting powder would. It covered nothing and no matter how I applied it or what primer I used it gave almost zero coverage. This is just a really expensive setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Mercyv

I have been using this for years. I feel like my skin has changed and gotten drier over the past few years. I tried benefits compact powder foundation and got the shishedo foundation brush to go with it. Benefits didn't work so I returned it. I was left with the brush and my left over bare minerals matte foundation. I tried the foundation with the brush and that changed everything. I think the brush really makes a difference. My face looks creamy like I'm using a liquid foundation. The coverage is unbelievable. The brush really makes a difference. I'm back to using bare minerals with the shishedo foundation brush. I get comments all the time now about how nice and flawless my make up looks. People ask if I changed my makeup and my answer is no, it's the makeup brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by juculin

This is an amazing product, my only real issue with this is the packaging, which is typical for mineral loose products but be careful because you can easily waste product just from opening the lid (powder flies everywhere). Asides from this, great powder/foundation. I use this as a setting powder over foundation on fuller coverage days and over concealer on casual days. It has decent coverage but not so much that it looks cakey over foundation. You really get a powder foundation and setting powder all in one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the original in Fairly Light and really like it, although it's a little shiny for me. I caught the sun a bit on my face and wanted to try the matte option so bought it in Light.

I love this so much more than the original! I covers much much better, doesn't accentuate my pores and although it melts of my greasy bits, it's less obvious. It also goes on much much better than the original.

The colour is great - Fairly Light is still ok, but Light has a more golden undertone so looks a bit more healthy.

I love it. It's quick and easy, looks fabulous (I got loads of compliments the day after a hideous migraine which was nice!) and is pretty good value.