October 21, 2014 | 891 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is horrible! the formula is so dry, and leaves my lashes looking brittle. by far the worst mascara I've owned.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lincris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A lot of people like this mascara, including most of my family. I tried it about 4 years ago, and I decided to give it a go this year. For some reason, it doesn't work for me. It smudges, it doesn't make my lashes fuller either. It's very black, which is nice. I used to use it in combination with one of my favorite mascaras, full n' soft by Maybelline as a top layer. When I first used it about 4 yrs ago, it was simply horrible! I had raccoon eyes in no time, this time, it was just alright. There are other mascaras that are way better!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by JulieWorms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the same product in Waterproof Black and it did not smudge and worked great, i was very pleased. But when i went back and bought the same product in Carbon Black, i found that it started to smudge within an hour of normal wear, also when i removed it, i lost quite a few lashes. So i threw it out and bought it in Black again and it worked perfect with no smudging or loss of lashes. Weird that the same product but different colors act different.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by TheOrangeMonster101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Waterproof? It definitely wasn't anywhere close to waterproof. It took forever to dry, and when I went in the pool, it smudged. They make the smudgies waterproof but the actual mascara was runny and smudgy. But I have to admit, it did give my lashes a nice appearance. It volumized and lengthened, but gave me raccoon eyes after a couple of hours. I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by FaBuLuSh1987

This mascara is a very wet formula! It runs and gives me racoon eyes, even when i use eyeshadow primer and lash primer (dior lash plumping primer)! I love the effect, the drama this mascara gives- but can't really get passed the racoon eye look! It's the perfect mascara if you're doing a messy eye look, or a dramatic smoky eye...but for every day this SUCKED HORRIBLY!!! SO DISAPPOINTED!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by amynmatt97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Waterproof? It's not even oxygen-proof. It gave me two black eyes within three hours of applying. The color was nice, and it made my lashes look fabulous while it lasted.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not generally have a large problem w/ mascara smudging (combo-dry/use eye primer), but this mascara has been one of the WORST offenders in that arena for me.

I'm having bad flashback's of Prestige Lash Matrix...ugh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's just a good generic deep black mascara with a good brush. My lashes are long, defined, and fan out nicely with this and it holds true all day. Doesn't flake. Truly is waterproof. Easy to take off with jojoba oil or regular makeup remover.

The downside is that it always manages to transfer dark smudgy shadow on my browbone (verrry long lashes) no matter how little I wear. Not obvious, just annoying. I have to wear eyecream or my eyelids will flake so I suspect that it's just the mascara mixing with the oils from that over the course of the day. Going to try out other mascaras that don't lengthen as much.

To get a good clean, fool proof application I always recommend wiping off the excess onto a tissue as this is a very wet formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Awesome, super black color that pops - even for Asian lashes
- Volumizing
- OK at holding a curl...even better with my HG Shiseido mascara base
- Classic/chic packaging
- Affordable
- Lashes feel soft
- Buildable
- Great for layering with lengthening fiber mascaras
- Better than other mascaras that cost 2-3 times more
- Didn't really smudge on me (I don't have oily lids so that may vary for others)
- Good lengthening even though its specifically for volumizing
- Easy removal

Cons:
- Had minimal flaking but not enough for it to stop me from repurchasing
- Can be a little clumpy on the brush b/c of extra product that gets left on it but it's quickly fixed with a swipe on a napkin
- It's not SUPER waterproof but I never really had a problem with it b/c I don't have a problem w/humidity where I live
- Can do better in the curl department but I layer it w/my Shiseido base and a Japanese lengthening mascara (Japanese mascaras are the BEST at holding curls) so it's not a HUGE problem.

Overall, I'd recommend this mascara for sure! It's a mascara that I find myself reaching for on most days because you can achieve that dark, vavoom look with few swipes of the wand.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Pandora28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

That's the last time I purchase a waterproof mascara. This mascara sticks to your lashes even after using make-up removing cloths and cleanser. The long and frustrating wash irritated my eyes and I lost three lashes in the process. As far as the mascara itself is concerned, it flaked and made my lashes super dry. I found myself removing my contact lenses because of the flaking. It put me off from the Voluminous line for months, which is a shame because the original formula is fantastic.