Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

on 12/22/2009 3:11:00 PM

I chose to get this over MUFE HD(which dried my already dry skin). I got a good match, and it wore pretty well. It DOES easily transfer though(if you change your shirt with this on, it will no doubt get on your shirt). Also, caused me to breakout a bit. I really wanted to like this, but I can't. And for the price I'd have expected a little more from it. Also doesn't come with much for the price at ALL(25mL for 42$, a bit pricey) Would not recommend this, I wish I would have got a sample first. If you're looking to get this, get a sample so you can know if you really are wanting to spend your money on this not too good foundation.

on 12/20/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Ever since Iíve noticed that my Diorskin Fluide is almost finished and since it is unfortunately discontinued, I began a quest for a new foundation. My skin is oily and, while I do not have heavy acne and I am not breakout prone, I can count on one acne per week. My pores are also very expanded. In spite of this I am not a fan of full and medium coverage foundations. What I require from the foundation is minimal coverage Ė the foundation simply needs to even-out my skin tone, cover slight discolourations and minimize the appearance of the pores.
Iíve been seriously considering this foundations ever since it has been launched and since Iíve heard many raves about this foundations on the various boards in my country, I almost bought it without even trying it. Luckily, a very generous SA gave me four 5ml samples of this foundations in 04 Perfect Vanilla and 06 Perfect Honey. Considering the fact that the full-size bottle of foundation contains 25ml, I can only thank the SA for providing me with so much samples and saving me some money.
The foundation is medium coverage, although it is possible to build it up to full coverage. It covers imperfections well, it doesnít emphasize pores. The good coverage doesnít bother me, because I mix the foundation with moisturizer and that way the coverage is much lighter. The finish is natural and the face indeed looks photoshoped.
It blends well into the skin. It is pretty longlasting and wonít disappear from the skin. It doesnít control oil and I think it is most suitable for those with normal/combination skin. It is lightly fragranced, I can barely feel the smell and it disappears after youíve put the foundation on. It doesnít oxidize.
It has SPF 20 PA+++ (titanium dioxide 3.16%, octinoxate (ethylhexil methoxycinnamate) 2.997%) which means that I can get away with no sunscreen during winter, but during summer I would use sunscreen.
Givenchy has a good range of shades, especially for fair skin ladies. I usually wear Dior 010 during winter and Dior 020 during summer and the shades that would match me in this foundation are 04, 05 and 06, although I get the perfect shade if I mix 04 and 06. 04 is light neutral while 05 has more yellowish tone. 06 is slightly darker and not as neutral as 04 neither yellow as 05. There are several even lighter shades, although their availability depends upon the country (in Croatia 03 is the lightest).
Now, what I really dislike about this foundation (and this is what put me off of buying the full-size) is that it feels heavy.Although it blends in pretty well and I canít see that Iím wearing a foundation if I look in the mirror, but I feel it sitting on my face and I donít like it when I can feel that I have a foundation on. I tried to ďdiluteĒ it by mixing it with Estee Lauder Spotlight, but even then the foundation felt heavy. If I pay so much for the foundation I expect it to be a perfection and this, sadly, isnít.
The foundation comes in a pump bottle, and it retails for around 40 euros, but keep in mind that the bottle contains only 25ml of the foundation, whereas the standard foundation packaging contains 30ml.
My actual grade would be more around 3.5, but Iím giving it 4 because this is a good foundation; itís just not for me.
The swatches of 04 and 06 can be found in my profile pictures.

Full Size Image

on 12/17/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

actually my mum bought it for her but colour came out to be lighter so she gave it to me since I have fairer skin.I really don't see any wow factor here.It tends to emphasise my dry flakies and looks cackey and orange especially on sides of my nose no matter how i apply it(I have tried applying it with foundation brush,fingers and sponge after moisturising my skin first) .it looks ok in the evening but it looks obvious on daylight and its kinda dissapointing becouse I expected better results with this..

on 12/13/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: Buildable coverage. Nice finish.
CONS: Too watery in texture. Expensive. VERY ORANGEY (I had 6 - Soft Honey).

I tried a sample, and there is no way would I purchase this.

on 12/6/2009 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros:
-Color match was close and nice (perfect ivory).
-Blending was easy and the foundation melted into my skin.
-Coverage was buildable, natural, semi-matte and a touch radiant (dusted with the Givenchy loose powder it was perfect).
-Nice SPF and claimed UVA protection.
Cons:
-25 ml per bottle is too little for too much (most foundations have 30 ml in them).
-No staying power- it was on my face all day and I had to blot, retouch, powderÖyou name it.
-Not transfer proof- stained everything from hands to clothes. When I used a napkin it was all over it (and I was barely wearing any).
-Not suitable for hot humid weather- I usually wear TM or a sunscreen, but had to look presentable for work- started melting. Canít imagine what it would have looked like after a few hours outside during the summer (anybody need some oil to BBQ some ribs?)
Conclusion: itís nice if you need to look good for a few hours during the winter (when it stays on your face), otherwise- there are better products out there. By the way, I didnít know if fragrance was a pro or a con- it has a very strong smell (which I love love love), I like the fragrance Givenchy adds to the MU, but it might cause irritation (not that I had any).

Good luck if you decide to buy this :)

So many different liquid foundations have tried and failed on my face recently-this particular one is still in the 'Wait & See' category...not yet to be 'forget and regret'-neither is it HG for me-yet. For my initial application, I forgot to shake the bottle. It has a light, floral fragrance, and equally light (fluid) texture. It can tend to highlight flaky skin on me, so moisturizing beforehand is likely a helpful hint. This looked worryingly slightly orange in both the bottle, and when tested on the back of my hand, but lightened considerably on my exceptionally pale, pale face. Prior to using this, my favorite liquid foundation was from Orlane, however, it was slightly too dark for the impending Fall gloom, and it didn't have sunscreen (unlike this product, which does). The packaging is a pump, with a thick black square cap, and the Givenchy signature squares embossed on the top of the lid. Clunky, yet sassy, in a strange way. A downside for me is that I can't imagine wearing this much in the daytime, which is really rather unfortunate. It has too much of a theatrical, dramatic look to it. I suppose that it could be understated, if applied with a more delicate hand, but I'm a notorious taker or a leaver where makeup application is concerned. So...time will tell, and I will update, when I'm convinced that this is more or less worthy of additional stars, or not.

on 8/23/2009 2:24:00 PM

I am a foundation junkie, you name it, I've spent too much on it, used it twice and had to discard it because my skin is so temperamental! Anyway, I had this tried on me instore and the color was great in the palest shade, Perfect Ivory. It gave the impression of natural flawless skin without looking made up, which I considered a bonus for daytime wear and for achieving that catwalk look so popular at the mo. I work as a dj so my make up has to last the distance, and this is where it failed. After three hours it had slid of, and my face seemed to look an orangey pink colour. After work had finished I took my make up off to reveal a horrible collection of small red spots all over my cheeks, where I rarely break out, and chin, where I always break out. I was so disappointed!

on 7/17/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am coming back to wearing makeup, especially foundation after years of not doing it. Finding a foundation has been a less than exciting task, as my skin now that I'm pushing 40 does not look anything remotely like what it did when I was wearing a lot of it 20 years ago.
Foundations look cakey, gather into fine lines. Of course it's easier to get a smooth covering on a smooth surface. On top of that I am using Renova, so I have dry flakey patches some days that get highlighted by adding makeup.
Then I tried this foundation, and the even finish is so perfect! Smooth, satiny, evens out my skintone, and doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. I get a little shiny after a couple of hours (always happens with my otherwise dry skin when I wear foundation), but a quick powder touch up takes care of that.
And it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all, just like my skin is smooth and transclucent again! I can't even take any points off for Givenchy not making a light enough shade for me (very fair), as this foundation has such a superbly airbrushed natural finish that looks 10 times better than any other foundation that comes closer to matching my skintone. Yes, I would like a shade lighter, and yes, it's expensive, but I had almost given up on foundation so this is a wonderful surprise. I have not found anything else that even comes close.

Update 10/14/10:
It worked wonderfully in humid New York summer, but can look a bit thick in dry cold Sweden. And it seems to exaggerate my forehead lines after some time. One lippie off. But nothing can beat it during the first couple of hours, radiant, transclucent looking skin. But I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Really good foundation. It goes on quite light, looks like my skin but better. It covers very well, but without looking cakey or chalky. I got the petal colored one, which I was afraid would be too pink, but was perfect (I'm a NW20). Bottle/packaging looks very high end and the pump function means you get clean product and just the right amount, I usually use 1-2 pumps at a time. It doesn't dry too fast like some formulas do, you have time to blend it in (I use the SK purple peep sponge thingie). It lasts about 8 hours if I set first with my Photofinish primer by SB. Was it worth the pricetag? For me, it was because it did exactly what I wanted, it covered my red areas (rosacea) and evened out my color and provided a slightly luminous (not sparkly or shimmery) not quite dewy finish which resulted in my looking literally flawless but not "made up." Literally, my skin but minus the discoloration, redness and little imperfections.

Could I get this quality at the drugstore? Probably not. The price is definitely comparable with other HE brands such as Lancome, MUFE, or Chanel.

By the way, it has a slight scent, described as "light, white florals," which is heavenly to me and quite short lived. If smells turn you off, this may be a deal-breaker for you, but I quite like the aroma.

PROs: Lovely, dewy, luminous finish, covers evenly without caking or streaking, looks very natural but evens tone and truly covers imperfections without looking like a concealer or base (looks like my skin but better.) Pleasant aroma, great pump design dispenser. Lasts about 8 hours, longer than some brands. Lets my face breathe, no break outs or irritation.

CONs: It isn't cheap, but not more expensive than comparable HE brands. It doesn't last more than 8 hours. (It lasts longer than some formulas if applied with my primer, but it isn't transfer proof, it will wipe off if you blow your nose or wipe your face a lot)

This is my HG for now. I am always on the hunt for "the one." If it lasted 12 hours and wasn't so easy to accidently transfer or wipe off, it would be HG for real.

on 6/14/2009 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this at Harrods about a month ago, and at the same time I bought the Paul and Joe cream foundation and got a sample of MUFE HD foundation in the post. This one is the winner, hands down and has become my best everyday foundation these days.

It's got a light, almost invisible finish - looks very natural and it holds up well. I don't need loads of foundation, just some evening out of skintone and this makes my complexion look perfect. It looks great but not too "done".

I can be prone to clogged pores and have no problem with this - would definitely recommend!