November 22, 2014 | 1721 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by m241187n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Color match was close and nice (perfect ivory).
-Blending was easy and the foundation melted into my skin.
-Coverage was buildable, natural, semi-matte and a touch radiant (dusted with the Givenchy loose powder it was perfect).
-Nice SPF and claimed UVA protection.
Cons:
-25 ml per bottle is too little for too much (most foundations have 30 ml in them).
-No staying power- it was on my face all day and I had to blot, retouch, powder…you name it.
-Not transfer proof- stained everything from hands to clothes. When I used a napkin it was all over it (and I was barely wearing any).
-Not suitable for hot humid weather- I usually wear TM or a sunscreen, but had to look presentable for work- started melting. Can’t imagine what it would have looked like after a few hours outside during the summer (anybody need some oil to BBQ some ribs?)
Conclusion: it’s nice if you need to look good for a few hours during the winter (when it stays on your face), otherwise- there are better products out there. By the way, I didn’t know if fragrance was a pro or a con- it has a very strong smell (which I love love love), I like the fragrance Givenchy adds to the MU, but it might cause irritation (not that I had any).

Good luck if you decide to buy this :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So many different liquid foundations have tried and failed on my face recently-this particular one is still in the 'Wait & See' category...not yet to be 'forget and regret'-neither is it HG for me-yet. For my initial application, I forgot to shake the bottle. It has a light, floral fragrance, and equally light (fluid) texture. It can tend to highlight flaky skin on me, so moisturizing beforehand is likely a helpful hint. This looked worryingly slightly orange in both the bottle, and when tested on the back of my hand, but lightened considerably on my exceptionally pale, pale face. Prior to using this, my favorite liquid foundation was from Orlane, however, it was slightly too dark for the impending Fall gloom, and it didn't have sunscreen (unlike this product, which does). The packaging is a pump, with a thick black square cap, and the Givenchy signature squares embossed on the top of the lid. Clunky, yet sassy, in a strange way. A downside for me is that I can't imagine wearing this much in the daytime, which is really rather unfortunate. It has too much of a theatrical, dramatic look to it. I suppose that it could be understated, if applied with a more delicate hand, but I'm a notorious taker or a leaver where makeup application is concerned. So...time will tell, and I will update, when I'm convinced that this is more or less worthy of additional stars, or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Mindbear

I am a foundation junkie, you name it, I've spent too much on it, used it twice and had to discard it because my skin is so temperamental! Anyway, I had this tried on me instore and the color was great in the palest shade, Perfect Ivory. It gave the impression of natural flawless skin without looking made up, which I considered a bonus for daytime wear and for achieving that catwalk look so popular at the mo. I work as a dj so my make up has to last the distance, and this is where it failed. After three hours it had slid of, and my face seemed to look an orangey pink colour. After work had finished I took my make up off to reveal a horrible collection of small red spots all over my cheeks, where I rarely break out, and chin, where I always break out. I was so disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am coming back to wearing makeup, especially foundation after years of not doing it. Finding a foundation has been a less than exciting task, as my skin now that I'm pushing 40 does not look anything remotely like what it did when I was wearing a lot of it 20 years ago.
Foundations look cakey, gather into fine lines. Of course it's easier to get a smooth covering on a smooth surface. On top of that I am using Renova, so I have dry flakey patches some days that get highlighted by adding makeup.
Then I tried this foundation, and the even finish is so perfect! Smooth, satiny, evens out my skintone, and doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. I get a little shiny after a couple of hours (always happens with my otherwise dry skin when I wear foundation), but a quick powder touch up takes care of that.
And it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all, just like my skin is smooth and transclucent again! I can't even take any points off for Givenchy not making a light enough shade for me (very fair), as this foundation has such a superbly airbrushed natural finish that looks 10 times better than any other foundation that comes closer to matching my skintone. Yes, I would like a shade lighter, and yes, it's expensive, but I had almost given up on foundation so this is a wonderful surprise. I have not found anything else that even comes close.

Update 10/14/10:
It worked wonderfully in humid New York summer, but can look a bit thick in dry cold Sweden. And it seems to exaggerate my forehead lines after some time. One lippie off. But nothing can beat it during the first couple of hours, radiant, transclucent looking skin. But I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really good foundation. It goes on quite light, looks like my skin but better. It covers very well, but without looking cakey or chalky. I got the petal colored one, which I was afraid would be too pink, but was perfect (I'm a NW20). Bottle/packaging looks very high end and the pump function means you get clean product and just the right amount, I usually use 1-2 pumps at a time. It doesn't dry too fast like some formulas do, you have time to blend it in (I use the SK purple peep sponge thingie). It lasts about 8 hours if I set first with my Photofinish primer by SB. Was it worth the pricetag? For me, it was because it did exactly what I wanted, it covered my red areas (rosacea) and evened out my color and provided a slightly luminous (not sparkly or shimmery) not quite dewy finish which resulted in my looking literally flawless but not "made up." Literally, my skin but minus the discoloration, redness and little imperfections.

Could I get this quality at the drugstore? Probably not. The price is definitely comparable with other HE brands such as Lancome, MUFE, or Chanel.

By the way, it has a slight scent, described as "light, white florals," which is heavenly to me and quite short lived. If smells turn you off, this may be a deal-breaker for you, but I quite like the aroma.

PROs: Lovely, dewy, luminous finish, covers evenly without caking or streaking, looks very natural but evens tone and truly covers imperfections without looking like a concealer or base (looks like my skin but better.) Pleasant aroma, great pump design dispenser. Lasts about 8 hours, longer than some brands. Lets my face breathe, no break outs or irritation.

CONs: It isn't cheap, but not more expensive than comparable HE brands. It doesn't last more than 8 hours. (It lasts longer than some formulas if applied with my primer, but it isn't transfer proof, it will wipe off if you blow your nose or wipe your face a lot)

This is my HG for now. I am always on the hunt for "the one." If it lasted 12 hours and wasn't so easy to accidently transfer or wipe off, it would be HG for real.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 5:40:00 AM More reviews by raspo

I bought this at Harrods about a month ago, and at the same time I bought the Paul and Joe cream foundation and got a sample of MUFE HD foundation in the post. This one is the winner, hands down and has become my best everyday foundation these days.

It's got a light, almost invisible finish - looks very natural and it holds up well. I don't need loads of foundation, just some evening out of skintone and this makes my complexion look perfect. It looks great but not too "done".

I can be prone to clogged pores and have no problem with this - would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I got a tiny freebie of this as part of Sephora's Beauty Insider program. Which is a good thing because I never would have tried this on my own... Givenchy simply hasn't been a favored line of mine, for no reason other than unfamiliarity. I'm still reeling at how much I like this foundation. It does have a very thin consistency and I didn't need much to do a complete face. It gave me an incredibly perfect finish; matte without being dull, flawless without being heavy. Pretty much the kind of foundation I've search for for years. For the record, I have combination skin that goes shiny fast, but can still look dry and cakey in some oil-free foundations. So it's always a search to find that perfect HG finish. I wear Shiseido's Sun Protection foundation every day, but this (and Lancome Luminesse) just became my favorite nighttime. It even held up pretty well on an Arizona night in the 90s... and on my face, that's saying something. I'm NC27 and wear this in shade 5.

ETA: I knocked a lippie off because my latest bottle is different. The shade seems paler, there's less coverage and it does not last on me like it used to. And I went shiny quick. I'm not sure if they changed the formula or if I just got a bad bottle but it's not the great foundation I tried originally.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying to get the Sublime, the SA told me that it was getting phased out by this. She tried it on me, and i love the results so i bought it.

Not at home, i have found that the shade the SA sold me was a bit to light for me, which was a shame because i really like this. It goes on really well, and it blends out perfectly. Ive tried to use my Bobbi Brown Foundation brush, but it went one streaky, so i went with putting it on with my hands which works way better!!

the consistency of this product is very watery, but the covered is execptional for the watery texture! coveres better than MAC studio imo!!

But compared to the other foundations on the market, this comes in a 25ml bottle, which feels like your buying a very pricy product. But with the great coverage how well this product blends and spreads, one pump is enough!!!