Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep coming back to this Mascara for 2 reasons:
1 - It does not smudge under my eyes &
2 - It's a reasonable price.

I was constantly having issues with Mascaras smudging onto my Concealer under the eyes and this is the one and only Mascara (that is also reasonably priced) that I've found that does not do this under normal conditions. So, if this is an issue that you have also, and you are also on a budget, then this IS the Mascara for you :) The product also lasts a long time and does not dry out easily as I've found some other Mascaras do quite quickly once they are opened. However, if you are seeking a "false-eyelash" look, this is probably not the one for you.

It's not a flashy looking Mascara, nor is the packaging it comes in, but I don't generally buy products for that reason - if they work well, then that is good enough for me :)

I have asian lashes. (Straight&hard to "keep" curled-lashes)

-Pros:
Affordable-$5-$6
Separates
Lengthens
Easy to wash off
No flaking, smudging
Not too wet of a formula
Natural results

-Cons:
Holds curl-7/10
Not good for those who want dramatic lashes
Fades a little bit
Clumps only a TINY bit
Doesn't thicken
Need to OVER-curl lashes
Dries in a couple of weeks

This is my standby mascara. Never clumps even after 3 months of use. It lenghtens more than thickens and curls nicely. It does a lot better job than most expensive high end brand.

I wanted to try a new mascara that is not so expensive, and after reading many good reviews on here i decided to try the almay one coat mascara (thickening) since it was buy one get one free for 8 dollars canadian at shoppers. After trying it out, i was slightly disappointed. It didnt seem to thicken my lashes as well as a THICKENING mascara should. It was really dark in colour so that was a good thing, and it lengthended my lashes fairly well also, but didnt really do much for the thickening. Overall, alright for the price of 4 dollars (buy one get one) but i would not purchase this again during full price.

Mascara is a big deal to me because I have long lashes of average thickness, but they are very pale blonde and my hair is dark. Every now and then I go on a kick and try a number of the high end, highly-touted mascaras and wind up either underwhelmed or downright disgusted. That was the story just this week when I was tired of my $25 a tube mascara ending up under my eyes no matter what I did to prevent that from happening. I went to the drugstore and for under $7 got my old standby, Almay One Coat thickening mascara. I put it on today and realized it looks better than 90% of the expensive brands and it actually stays on. It is also easy to get off and isn't damaging to the lashes. The packaging is pretty plain but I don't give a hoot about how pretty something looks sitting in my makeup basket. It's just the best deal around.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great Mascara, it also lengthened my lashes on top of doing a great job thickening. Lasted throughout the day and didnt flake. 2nd test- I would give same review, still great!

a no-no for me...
it does thicken my lashes but it does flakes..

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an OK mascara if you use it for one coat ONLY. It does seem like it makes lashes look healthy and natural. However, one coat is too little for lashes to be noticable. Any time I've tried to add another coat to build on it, my lashes totally stick together. Not fun if you don't enjoy the "spider" look. Also it doesn't maintain the curl too well after curling lashes.

I was not crazy about this one. It's just not that great. Not black enough. Not thickening enough. Not buildable. I guess I would technically buy this one again, but only if there was abolutely nothing else available. And there is always something else available.

Eh, it's okay. I don't really notice any thickening action, which is what I need more than the lengthening, which is what I get. On the plus side, it doesn't flake off nearly as much as my Cover Girl Lashblast (that's a disaster every time). I bought the Almay for 3 reasons: 1. it promised to be thickening (nope); 2. it said it washes off easily with water (partially true; it does wash off, but not completely; I have black under my eyes in the mornings); and 3. it came with a free eyeliner, which I like. Still, this mascara wasn't worth the $7 or so I paid for it, and if I had the CVS receipt, I'd take it back.

Popular Mascaras