Almay One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

on 5/27/2009 5:02:00 PM

a no-no for me...
it does thicken my lashes but it does flakes..

on 5/24/2009 12:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an OK mascara if you use it for one coat ONLY. It does seem like it makes lashes look healthy and natural. However, one coat is too little for lashes to be noticable. Any time I've tried to add another coat to build on it, my lashes totally stick together. Not fun if you don't enjoy the "spider" look. Also it doesn't maintain the curl too well after curling lashes.

on 5/22/2009 8:51:00 AM

I was not crazy about this one. It's just not that great. Not black enough. Not thickening enough. Not buildable. I guess I would technically buy this one again, but only if there was abolutely nothing else available. And there is always something else available.

on 5/19/2009 1:56:00 AM

Eh, it's okay. I don't really notice any thickening action, which is what I need more than the lengthening, which is what I get. On the plus side, it doesn't flake off nearly as much as my Cover Girl Lashblast (that's a disaster every time). I bought the Almay for 3 reasons: 1. it promised to be thickening (nope); 2. it said it washes off easily with water (partially true; it does wash off, but not completely; I have black under my eyes in the mornings); and 3. it came with a free eyeliner, which I like. Still, this mascara wasn't worth the $7 or so I paid for it, and if I had the CVS receipt, I'd take it back.

on 5/11/2009 1:39:00 PM

This is a new favorite of mine. I had been using Clinique's double lash but I like this much better. When used with Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus, I get some volume and good length. This does not irritate my eyes and is easy to remove with my regular cleanser. Lasts all day on me without flaking.

on 4/28/2009 6:55:00 AM

I'm normally a fan of dramatic lashes but I acutally love this mascara. This is what I normally use if I want a more natural looking, yet full set of lashes. Very good product and very good price although I have started to notice a little flaking towards the end of the day but this may just be because my mascara is starting to dry out, but the flaking is only minimum and probably more due to my own fault than that of the product.

on 4/20/2009 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I picked this up at my local Wal-Mart tonight. They had a buy one get one so I decided for 5 bucks why not. Well, this mascara doesn't work for me. It makes my eyelahses dark and long but not thick which is claims to do. So, I'm going to give this to my mom and my friend.

on 4/12/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I actually bought this product for 3.50 along with a eyeliner [came in a set.] yes... that cheap! && i love it. i have tah say it does clump; which is why it didnt get 4 lippies from me. but other than that i love it. it does what its supposed tah do. wat a steal.

on 4/10/2009 2:35:00 PM

I really like this mascara. It lenghthens, thickens, and curls. I was only expecting it to thicken like it said, but it delivers the whole package. It doesn't smudge and is easy to remove.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My current HG mascara. It doesn't flake (only a few times has it flaked... and not in a major way at all) and doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes. And, it makes my medium-long lashes look even longer. It also gives a bit of natural curl without clumping. Occasionally a few lashes clump together, but that can be separated with a lash comb if need be. It comes off easily with my Cetaphil cleanser and water - no need for any special eye makeup removers (that often irritate my eyes).

Top Rated Almay Products