September 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ias23

a no-no for me...
it does thicken my lashes but it does flakes..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an OK mascara if you use it for one coat ONLY. It does seem like it makes lashes look healthy and natural. However, one coat is too little for lashes to be noticable. Any time I've tried to add another coat to build on it, my lashes totally stick together. Not fun if you don't enjoy the "spider" look. Also it doesn't maintain the curl too well after curling lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not crazy about this one. It's just not that great. Not black enough. Not thickening enough. Not buildable. I guess I would technically buy this one again, but only if there was abolutely nothing else available. And there is always something else available.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by dawnsch

Eh, it's okay. I don't really notice any thickening action, which is what I need more than the lengthening, which is what I get. On the plus side, it doesn't flake off nearly as much as my Cover Girl Lashblast (that's a disaster every time). I bought the Almay for 3 reasons: 1. it promised to be thickening (nope); 2. it said it washes off easily with water (partially true; it does wash off, but not completely; I have black under my eyes in the mornings); and 3. it came with a free eyeliner, which I like. Still, this mascara wasn't worth the $7 or so I paid for it, and if I had the CVS receipt, I'd take it back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a new favorite of mine. I had been using Clinique's double lash but I like this much better. When used with Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus, I get some volume and good length. This does not irritate my eyes and is easy to remove with my regular cleanser. Lasts all day on me without flaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by LeedsUnited

I'm normally a fan of dramatic lashes but I acutally love this mascara. This is what I normally use if I want a more natural looking, yet full set of lashes. Very good product and very good price although I have started to notice a little flaking towards the end of the day but this may just be because my mascara is starting to dry out, but the flaking is only minimum and probably more due to my own fault than that of the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at my local Wal-Mart tonight. They had a buy one get one so I decided for 5 bucks why not. Well, this mascara doesn't work for me. It makes my eyelahses dark and long but not thick which is claims to do. So, I'm going to give this to my mom and my friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by geekme123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually bought this product for 3.50 along with a eyeliner [came in a set.] yes... that cheap! && i love it. i have tah say it does clump; which is why it didnt get 4 lippies from me. but other than that i love it. it does what its supposed tah do. wat a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by diemmyn91

I really like this mascara. It lenghthens, thickens, and curls. I was only expecting it to thicken like it said, but it delivers the whole package. It doesn't smudge and is easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My current HG mascara. It doesn't flake (only a few times has it flaked... and not in a major way at all) and doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes. And, it makes my medium-long lashes look even longer. It also gives a bit of natural curl without clumping. Occasionally a few lashes clump together, but that can be separated with a lash comb if need be. It comes off easily with my Cetaphil cleanser and water - no need for any special eye makeup removers (that often irritate my eyes).