April 17, 2014 | 1277 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by diemmyn91

I really like this mascara. It lenghthens, thickens, and curls. I was only expecting it to thicken like it said, but it delivers the whole package. It doesn't smudge and is easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My current HG mascara. It doesn't flake (only a few times has it flaked... and not in a major way at all) and doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes. And, it makes my medium-long lashes look even longer. It also gives a bit of natural curl without clumping. Occasionally a few lashes clump together, but that can be separated with a lash comb if need be. It comes off easily with my Cetaphil cleanser and water - no need for any special eye makeup removers (that often irritate my eyes).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by wintersmommy06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this was a great mascara. It did a good job of covering my lashes and making them noticeable. It was also long lasting and it didn't smudge off. Came off easy with soap and water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this may be my favorite drugstore mascara I've come across. I wear contacts and have never had a problem with this mascara flaking and getting in my eye. In fact, I think it's like the drugstore version of diorshow in terms of texture and consistency. I like that it's a creamier formula, as I'm not typically fond of a wet mascara as they make my lashes clumpy. This does a fantastic job of giving me length and volume and separates my lashes very well. While I still have my beloved diorshow as my number one, this is definitely my number two mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by junglistik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for about two years.
This mascara is hypoallergenic, and good for contact wearers.
I started using it because my eyes can be sensitive at times, especially due to seasonal allergies.

It does make my lashes look nice and thick. It also adds quite a bit of length. I do still curl my lashes prior to applying.
It does not irritate my eyes like Lashblast does at times.

This product is listed as tearproof and humidity proof, and I would have to agree with that. It is not too wet which is also why ppl like this mascara. I agree with the other reviewer about the tube. It is a fat white tube and it does help me find it faster when I am reaching for it.

I think that mascara is a tough thing to buy just based on reviews.
Everyone's reaction is different, so you will most likely have to try it to see if it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. Yet another mediocre mascara. It adds decent length to lashes but does next to nothing in terms of thickness. Nothing more attractive than long yet rather thin and spindly looking lashes. Yuck. The brush is also very small and it's hard to reach all of the lashes with it. This may be okay if you have naturally long and thick lashes and are just looking for something to enhance them. Ortherwise I'd suggest you go spend your six bucks on a drugstore mascara that actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Marveyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara... :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by drugstorediva3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't get the "one coat" thing. I needed two coats and even then, it was nothing to write home about.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

The formula is very DRY. It looks flakey and it can flake off toward the end of the day. No smudging for the most part of the day. Thickening power was quite good. Not much lengthing. No clumping. It's similar to L'Oreal voluminous but looks drier.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by chickadeeluvr

This mascara proved to have the most disappointing result of any mascara I've ever tried. I'm 48, so that's saying a lot. My lashes looked...weird. Skimpy and angled every which way after application. I threw it out after a week.