July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not crazy about this one. It's just not that great. Not black enough. Not thickening enough. Not buildable. I guess I would technically buy this one again, but only if there was abolutely nothing else available. And there is always something else available.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by dawnsch

Eh, it's okay. I don't really notice any thickening action, which is what I need more than the lengthening, which is what I get. On the plus side, it doesn't flake off nearly as much as my Cover Girl Lashblast (that's a disaster every time). I bought the Almay for 3 reasons: 1. it promised to be thickening (nope); 2. it said it washes off easily with water (partially true; it does wash off, but not completely; I have black under my eyes in the mornings); and 3. it came with a free eyeliner, which I like. Still, this mascara wasn't worth the $7 or so I paid for it, and if I had the CVS receipt, I'd take it back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a new favorite of mine. I had been using Clinique's double lash but I like this much better. When used with Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus, I get some volume and good length. This does not irritate my eyes and is easy to remove with my regular cleanser. Lasts all day on me without flaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by LeedsUnited

I'm normally a fan of dramatic lashes but I acutally love this mascara. This is what I normally use if I want a more natural looking, yet full set of lashes. Very good product and very good price although I have started to notice a little flaking towards the end of the day but this may just be because my mascara is starting to dry out, but the flaking is only minimum and probably more due to my own fault than that of the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at my local Wal-Mart tonight. They had a buy one get one so I decided for 5 bucks why not. Well, this mascara doesn't work for me. It makes my eyelahses dark and long but not thick which is claims to do. So, I'm going to give this to my mom and my friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by geekme123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually bought this product for 3.50 along with a eyeliner [came in a set.] yes... that cheap! && i love it. i have tah say it does clump; which is why it didnt get 4 lippies from me. but other than that i love it. it does what its supposed tah do. wat a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by diemmyn91

I really like this mascara. It lenghthens, thickens, and curls. I was only expecting it to thicken like it said, but it delivers the whole package. It doesn't smudge and is easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My current HG mascara. It doesn't flake (only a few times has it flaked... and not in a major way at all) and doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes. And, it makes my medium-long lashes look even longer. It also gives a bit of natural curl without clumping. Occasionally a few lashes clump together, but that can be separated with a lash comb if need be. It comes off easily with my Cetaphil cleanser and water - no need for any special eye makeup removers (that often irritate my eyes).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by wintersmommy06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this was a great mascara. It did a good job of covering my lashes and making them noticeable. It was also long lasting and it didn't smudge off. Came off easy with soap and water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this may be my favorite drugstore mascara I've come across. I wear contacts and have never had a problem with this mascara flaking and getting in my eye. In fact, I think it's like the drugstore version of diorshow in terms of texture and consistency. I like that it's a creamier formula, as I'm not typically fond of a wet mascara as they make my lashes clumpy. This does a fantastic job of giving me length and volume and separates my lashes very well. While I still have my beloved diorshow as my number one, this is definitely my number two mascara!