July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

life changing!!! absolutely one of the best buys i've made in the past few years. i had sworn off all face powder years ago since all it did was make my skin look dry, dull and powdery. i swear it added years to my skin when i was the tender age of 23! however, i needed a product to set the concealer i apply everyday to my constant, very dark undereye circles and so recently i picked up LM's Secret Brightening Powder. it is a godsend! it sets my concealer and is TOTALLY invisible, no powdery, cakey, dry look whatsoever. i loved the SBP so much that i started using a sample of Shade 2 (more flesh-toned than Shade 1) all over my face because i've recently started wearing a moisturizer with SPF and it tends to make my skin kind of shiny, thereby requiring me to use a powder again. well when i stopped at the LM counter and was planning on buying the SBP in Shade 2 to use as an all over translucent face powder, the MA talked me into trying this Translucent Loose Powder which is actually made for all over the face. i was hesitant to try it because i've never found a loose powder that was truly invisible but this one really hits the mark!!! it's a ton of product packaged in a giant jar which will last me atleast a year used daily. as for the messiness factor, as long as you only uncover a few holes on the sifter, it isn't problematic at all and i only use it in the morning so i keep it at home. i take a small, fluffy brush and swirl it around in a little bit of the powder, then brush it all over my face and VOILA! perfect, non-shiny skin that doesn't look dry or cakey and doesn't have a HINT of detectable powder in sight. it's so finely milled that it just disappears on your skin and there is no dry or dusty feeling OR look left behind. my skin has been kind of finicky lately and this powder hasn't caused any clogged pores or breakouts, either. i absolutely adore this product, and will definitely repurchase! great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by annannann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this loose powder...I always set my makeup with this...it works great for my oily skin...my skin looks and feels so smooth after I dust it over my face..definitely worth the money!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pocky

This is my HG loose powder. I also have Becca Fine Loose Powder and a bunch of others but I always come back to Laura Mercier because it is the best. I apply the powder with a velour puff over my liquid foundation in a sort of rolling motion then I brush off the excess with a large, fluffy brush. My skin looks absolutely poreless when I wear my makeup this way. I don't know for sure since I have an NC 20 complexion but I think Transluscent might be a tad too light for darker skin tones. For me, it doesn't add any color or cover up my foundation. It just sets everything beautifully and leaves me looking flawless. I get the most natural and sheer finish from loose powder. Even MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural doesn't give me the same flawless look of loose powder.

I don't have oily skin so I can't say how well this powder absorbs oil. I've also used MUFE's matte loose powder and I can say that Laura Mercier is nowhere as matte. MUFE actually leaves me looking too dry and matte. I don't use a lot of powder so the jar has lasted me for months, which is good because this stuff is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have had this product for about two years and always come back to it. I read an article recenty where a make up artist said it is always best to use a pressed powder for a sheerer coverage over make up, when I had always thought it was the other way around. I bought the chanel pressed transcluent powder as it is more portable to have in my bag but I am back to using this. I think it is truly transluscent and if I use this my make up looks as sheer and fresh at the end of the day as it does in the morning. I think it is truly translucent and adds no colour to the skin at all, whereas for me, the Chanel pressed one added a little colour. I pick it up with the brush and then tap most of it back into the container so there is only a dusting on the brush and press into the skin. I even use it under my eyes to set my concealer and I find it never cakes/settles into fine lines. Love it. Will last for ages as well, I have had mine for two years.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent translucent powder that is one of the better ones I've tried but I use Johnson & Johnson baby powder to set my make-up and it has the same effect. It's $20 for a little container of this stuff and it runs out fast. Not worth the price tag to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kozley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for awhile now and while I love the feel and look of it when I first put it on, the shine/oil control is terrible. Within 2 hours, I am using my blotting sheets and MAC Blotting Powder. I've tried it with various other products--Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, Dr. Brandt's Pores No More, Sephora Primer. I love using a loose powder in the morning and will continue to search for my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have owned the undercover pot for months and months, and never really tried the powder underneath...Boy was I missing out! This is the most lightweight powder ever! It really is translucent and doesn't dry my skin out. Really sets my tinted moisturizer! Even the small amount I have will last forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this loose powder for about 4 months now and I think I have used it enough to write a proper review of it. When they market this powder as translucent they weren't kidding. When buffed lightly into the skin it doesn't add any color to your skin. I can assume that it will suit the lightest of light and the darkest of dark. Secondly, the texture of this powder is seriously out of this world. Its ultra lightweight and very finely milled. In terms of oil control I think it works pretty well to keep me shine free but then again I don't have oily skin. My skin is combination/dry. Having said that, this did not dry out my sensitive skin at all but kept it shine free for a good many hours. It also works well with all my foundations. I also like how practical and pretty the packaging is! This powder is 25gm and I can imagine that it will last me a long time and I'm still undecided at this point as to whether or not I will repurchase because there are other powders out there which I would like to try. For those who are looking for a good colorless powder this is the one to go for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by urbanmonk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder. Definitely translucent, and feels sheer. I can wear this all day and not feel like I have anything sitting on top of my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Circa1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was an expensive purchase for me, and I have to say I am quite disappointed with this product. The oil control was very poor for me, it lasted maybe 3 hours before I had to blot and add more. Honestly, if this was half the price I would say it was a good buy, but for nearly $40 this just did not cut it for me. :(