Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

3.5

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat. VP/VA Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butlyphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

I've been looking for a (cheap) replacement for my $19 GHD heat protectant - and this is not it! When I sprayed the Heat Protect 'N Flatten on my hair, the first thing I noticed was that my hair sizzled. The second thing I noticed was that my GHD flat iron didn't glide through my hair - instead, I felt a rough resistance most likely due to the drying effect of this spray. After using this on a section of my hair, I decided to play it safe and stop using it. I was scared that this would ruin my hair and knew that saving a few bucks wouldn't be worth it.

Other things I disliked about this heat protect included the smell (it smelled like a sharper version of a Suave shampoo) and the crummy packaging (I couldn't control the bottle to get the right amount - it either sprayed too much or too little at a time, therefore I couldn't tell how coated my hair was).

I'll keep this bottle around for emergencies, but I won't be re-purchasing. This is my first encounter with a Schwarzkopf product (I've read that high end salons use their products and I've seen pseudo-celebrities endorsing the Got 2 Be line) but I just wasn't impressed.

I just recently purchased the got2b guardian angel 425F/220C Heat Protect 'N Blow Dry after my hair stylist told me I should be using a heat protent since I blow dry and straighten my hair everyday, and since I'm a fan of the Schwarzkopf line I decided to go with the got2b guardian angel; however I find my hair can go with out and that it really isn't serving any additional protection, I'll finish the bottle but I won't buy this one again and save myself some money.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not impressed at all. Left my hair feeling rough and not sure it is doing any protecting. Too expensive for a drug store brand and I didn't see any improvement of my hair.

Well I honestly didn't use this, but it had a leak in it already when I bought it and it smelled TERRIBLE. I DO NOT WANT MY HAIR TO EVEN GET CLOSE TO THIS! If it melted my receipt and ate all the numbers off, what will it do to hair?

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this product! It really seems to work well, and it leaves my hair really shiny. I also really like the scent, and my boyfriend even commented that my hair smelled good after I used it.

Just totaly AMAZING!! It makes my hair so shiny and feels soo soft and wow my stays even longer straight even after the gym!! it just an amazing add up to my got2b collection!

Im a recent ironer, and I wasnt using anything at first (I know- eek!). But I started noticing a lot of damage and split ends, and I saw this in a store. I dont know why it got some other bas reviews, I guess not every product is for everybody- but it has done wonders- helped keep the straight in my hair and protected it, with a nice non-greasy finish. Definitley re-buy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. This worked for the first two times I used it.
When I used it again, it gave my hair yarn-like texture, and yes, my hair was stick straight. Literally. It felt like I had sticks attached to my head.
My hair sizzled when I straightened it.
And my hair *looked* nice after I flat ironed, but if i shook my head a little bit, all of my hair moved as one giant, stiff strand- there was no soft, sliky quality about it. It felt gunky too.

Spare yourself the trouble and buy Tresseme's heat protectant at half the price of this awful product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried many heat protectant products as I have medium length, pretty thick, naturally curly hair and blow dry and flat iron my hair and this by far is the worst. It leaves your hair feeling and looking dry and with a weird texture to it. I feel like it takes the shone out of your hair as well. Not happy with this product at all.

This is one of the best products I've found thus far to use as a serum for hair-straightening, particularly considering the price: about $7. The fact that it doesn't leave your hair sticky is a definite plus. There's room for improvement as far as the fragrance, but it gets the job done.

Popular Styling Products