November 24, 2014 | 1167 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by shayrah

I am having a hard deciding on appropriate number of lippies. In general, it was decent but then I realized that "oil control" was sucking every bit of moisture out of my skin in areas I didn't need oil control. The colors tended to have yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by chardy

Pros and cons:
    Pros- good coverage in a pinch, controls oil nicely
    Cons- Not much product for your money, I had to buy a new one in about a month. Also, I'm very fair, and the lightest shade is a shade too dark!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ckramer

I am in love with this. I have a hard time with foundations - not the right shade, fading off too easily, not enough coverage, making me break out, etc. But, this is a great color match (605, the lightest) and really hides my flaws. I love the packaging - bright blue container, good amount of product, and nice size mirror. It does seem to control oil, not as much as I would like, but a little. It stays on longer for me than liquid foundations, and has medium coverage which is enough for me because all I really need to cover up is redness. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2007 10:55:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definently an old staple. Works great on my dry fair sensitive skin. I use it for on the go shine control.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Babu824

I love finding good quality drugstore products, and this one is a complete steal. It doesn't break me out, clog my pores, and it lasts throughout the day. I needed to blot only once, and it gave my face a natural glow. Another plus: the color stays the same

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I have oily skin, and love powder foundations. I was very surprised that such a great product could cost so little. I love ALL the shades in this line, all very natural looking, and perfect for my golden-fair complexion. Great coverage, doesn't seem to break me out, and at a great price. My new drugstore fav!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2007 3:27:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

Total HG drugstore powder foundation. It is medium to heavy coverage but goes on wonderfully and lasts. I have been buying this since it first came out like 4 years ago and will continue to buy. The only problem is that if you drop it, the powder breaks and makes a huge mess. Other than that I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by jujilover87

ayyyyy i really wanted to like this product....but *sigh* alas it was no good for me...the color was a bit off...and the makeup itself felt a bit heavy on my skin...the coverage was lovely however...it has similar coverage to clinique's stay matte pressed powder..which i luuuv!
    the CG powder however made my face itch??? weird...
    a plus is that it didnt oxidize.....but then again it didnt last long either...i will be returning it..if riteaid lets me!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

They do not make this one anymore. However this one is one of the best oil control powder in the Cover Girl product line around the price of $4.00. It is way better than the "Fresh Look powder".
    Good oil control. Does not over dry skin.
    Good coverage.
    Does not bring out the dry patches or other imperfections on the skin.
    Fine milled powder.
    Translucent light is good match for my NC 20 skin.
    Mostly importantly of all is that this powder does not have the heavy perfumed"clean" makeup smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this powder foundation. Personally, I prefer it to a number of powder foundations, even MAC's Studio Fix! Soft honey is a good match for my skin tone and its color stays true throughout the day, never turning orange. It's coverage is decent and I don't need to retouch because of oils breaking through. Overall a great product.