September 1, 2014 | 1895 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by garlandfairy

Ahhhhh....a nice gentle cleanser that leaves my moderately oily skin feeling non-oily. It is really great for my sensitive skin, because for awhile I couldn't wash my face at all! I would have to rinse it with water because every single cleanser I had (about two or three) irritated my skin. Then I found this one, and gave it a try. It worked really well. Scent is great, a light, clean scent. I like that it doesn't foam too much. And it didn't even dry out my skin when winter came! (Normally my skin is oily in the summer and super dry during winter/early spring). Terrific stuff...but there probably is something better out there for half the money. Although I got this on sale...so I can't say if it was expensive or not. =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by christinekerry

This is a nice gentle cleanser. I have normal skin and this is made for normal to oily skin. I found it a tad drying, but nothing too terrible. It lathers up well and does a good job of removing oil, dirt, and makeup. The scent is faint and smells just "clean".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by blueaygi

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER! SOOO much better than the oil free acne wash i was using from neutrogena! after using this the little red bumps on my face are slowing going away. and it doesn't feel harsh at all! normally after i cleanse my face my skin feels tight and dry and i literally have to rush to put on my face lotion because my face always felt like it was going to crack. but with this cleanser my face is clean, soft, and doesn't feel tight at all. The seaweed line in general is good but the moisturizer isn't moisturizing enough for my skin so i used the toner and creams from the grapeseed line. I alternate using this cleanser with the grapeseed one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2005 6:08:00 AM More reviews by hawkwatchr

This isn't a HG cleanser for me, but it's solid. I have combination skin and this is definitely drying--not overly so, but enough that I'm always aware that I need moisturizer after I use it. I've found it works best as my morning in-the-shower face wash. It doesn't do as well at removing makeup at night. The best thing about it, though, is how long it lasts--it only takes a tiny amount to get my whole face cleaned.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2005 3:07:00 AM More reviews by ayumi0032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser is very drying. Although i have very oily skin, it dries out my eye and cheek areas. Doesn't recommend to those have dry and normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by brookeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm probably on my 10th tube, so it's safe to say this is HG for me! Some fragrant ingredients, but not enough to cause sensitivity. Does a good job of removing makeup, and also is great with a couple of pinches of baking soda for exfoliation. Clean packaging, & price is fairly good for amount of product. A winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2004 9:54:00 AM More reviews by EricaT1

I just bought this product a few days ago. So far so good, it does its job, and smells nice. My face feels very clean and soft as well. The only issue I have with this product, is that it sort of irritated my skin. My forehead was a little red, after I used it the first few times. I wouldn't buy it again, for this reason, but I am interested in trying other Body Shop cleansers, because I am happy with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2004 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Elwing

does the job well, and smells good too. I like it. Didn't like the moisturizer from this series though...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2004 5:14:00 PM More reviews by NYsmiLez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so glad that this completely whimsical purchase turned out to be my new HG cleanser. TBS was having a buy 2 face products get 3rd free sale, so i ended up buying this along with the Natural OCeanic Clay Ionic Mask (which also turned out to be fab.) Anyway, im not sure if this is the same product i have, b/c mine also says foaming on it and it has little exfoliatign beads. I originally bought this b/c i remembered someone telling me that seaweed is beneficial to your complexion.. boy where they right. this makes my skin wonderfully smooth and radiant. i've also noticed less breakouts, but im not sure whether its the mask or the cleanser that's responsible. anyway, the foam makes all the difference for me because it makes me feel cleaner. as for the beads, theyre nice because you can feel them 'exfoliating' but theyre not as harsh as the St.Ives scrub (which was my old favorite for exfoliation). Definetly give this a try, i'll be repurchasing as soon as i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by irenatoh

I've used up about 5 tubes so far. Despite my cousin's comments that it dries her skin, I still think this works well for me. It did not leave a tight feeling for my combi skin. However, have to follow-up with toner to ensure the face is really clean (for make-up users).