Bath and Body Works whole store

3.5

on 4/23/2006 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Personally BBW confuses me. It's like I want to like the store but there are some things that doesn't sit too well for me. For me I find it impossible to shop in there sometimes because of all the various scents and trying to make sure that the scent works with my body chemistry. And when I go there during a busy time, with various people sampling ever product and spraying all those scents, it is an assault to the olfactory senses. I nearly had a bloody nose while browsing in there.

I remember loving this store when I was in high school but now I can take it or leave it. I usually go their when they have a major sale and I can stock up on products and pass them off for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, etc. I usually buy scrubs from there and that is about it. Some of the lotions tend to leave me drier than before or greasy and dry at the same time. I find that I should go there when there isn't a lot of people their, like in the morning. In actuality I would give this store a 2.9.

on 3/11/2006 3:09:00 AM

I do not like BBW for product quality or business practice. They have never been able to make a successful product on their own merit, just the ability to create poor replicas of other business' successes. Origin's White Tea line? Cheaply copied. Bliss' blue door spa line? TBS body butters, anyone? Who are these people trying to fool? When your product offering is so poor you have to copy Sephora's business model just to bring in other brands, it's time to throw in the towel.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Bath & Body Works !!! The sales associates at the stores I go to are really nice and helpful. I love most of their products. The prices are a bit high but I just shop up on sales. Duh. I will definitely shop from there for as long as I can.

on 12/28/2005 10:47:00 PM

Overall, I love bath and bodyworks... I feel a little guilty shopping there because I work for a company that sells a lot of bath and body products (and I do love the ones we have but I have the addiction)-- anyway I dont know why people are complaining about having too many new lines. New lines are fun. Ok but the big thing I say is go to the semi annual sales and buy enough stuff to hold you over like all year. Because its so cheap. I went yesterday and I got this conditioner 75% off and the apple martini shower gel 50% off, etc. etc. They were having some awesome sales. I like that they carry CO Bigelow, etc... oh and I do agree that the staff can be rather annoying and could tone it down a bit. But same as like cosmetics counters.

on 9/29/2005 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My nearest Bath and Body Works Store is about 90 minutes from my home. I know I am going to spend quite a bit when I do get to go, so I always plan for that. The people that work there are friendly and informative. They make you feel welcom. My husband even likes to go in and buy products. He got hooked on the honey shea butter cream. I know some associates can seem pushy, but since I live so far away I would rather they tell me that something was on sale instead of me missing it. Bath and body works treats me like a queen when I walk in. I just wish I lived closer. Glad that they are going to start selling online in October 1st.

on 8/16/2005 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I totally agree with queenisabella! I also work at Bath & Body Works, and have never before looked forward to working! I think because people nowadays are so used to finding things on their own, and never being asked for help or welcomed to the store, they just don't know how to deal with it, and want to fend for themselves. That's what I like about our store - customers should always feel welcome to ask questions to staff, and staff is friendly and courteous. Maybe it's just my store. Yes, we are more expensive then ur crappy Walmart knock-offs of cucumber melon, but that's because you're paying for quality. If you are concerned about an allergy or a certain kind of ingredient in your products, then tell an associate, and they can introduce you to a line in our store that meets your needs that you might not have known about! For those of you complaining about our store being an allergists nightmare - what are you doing in a store like this if your allergies are so bad, you can't be around enclosed cases of lotions and perfumes? Please don't be mad at associates for asking if you would like to purchse a 50% off candle with you bottle of lotion - when I ask that, I'm not trying to up my sales, I'm trying to make sure you caught that we are having a great sale on that product, and you don't miss out incase you want it. I understand that you might only want one thing, but I can't tell you how many angry people come in saying they didn't know we were having candles 50% off and they missed it. Like it's my fault for not personally calling everyone that's ever shopped in our store, and telling them about all our new products and sales. And for those of you that complain about discontinued products...they come back in our semi-annual sales...and we want to provide our customers with things they will thoroughly enjoy, so we are alwasys bringing out new things for them to try. Our stores can only hold so much, so as we bring in those new things you swwon over, we have to get rid of that lime and nutmeg stuff that only you and 5 other people in the world buy. I swear by the products in our store, and no I don't love every single one of them, but honestly, blaming associates for your bad attitude is just lame.

on 7/4/2005 3:57:00 PM

I dislike B&BW for various reasons, but the summarized point is, their products are of low quality yet overpriced.
In my opinions, B&BW products are of low quality because of their ingredients & scents. The scents smell too artificial, too synthetic. They are also too overwhelming that make me sick. I personally prefer scents that are subtler and more sophisticated. Then, like other cheaper-quality lotions, the ingredients of their lotions contain mineral oil, which is greasy, difficult to be absorbed by the skin and it clogs the pores. Besides the lotions, I have also tried the body splash. But I felt like I was spraying a bottle of alcohol on myself.
All these are not a problem at all if the prices of the products are as low as their quality. But B&BW's products are always high priced except on sales. They are overpriced. This is no offense to anyone who likes B&BW, but if you are willing to spend a lot of money on their products, why don't spend a little more for some better-quality body care products? Try L'Occitane or Crabtree & Evelyn. They are more expensive but worth it. If you don't spend that much money, The Body Shop or Burt's Bees are some better alternatives. Their prices are about the same as B&BW but their lotions are better and do not consist of mineral oil. I think B&BW is more suitable for teenage girls.

I am on the fence with B&BW. I used to like it better back when I was younger and shopped there in the 90's. I loved Flowering Herbs and White Tea and Ginger, both sadly given the axe. I do like certain scents they have now, Eucalyptus Spearmint for example. But the whole store is sort of haphazardly put together and I hate the way they discontinue scents all the time! I find it to be like most other stores as far as quality goes, some things are great, some are, eh, not so great. They do have great sales, though.

I still love BBW. I do hate that they discontinued so many great things - remember Peach (even in shampoo & conditioner)! I'm into Mango Manderin now but may try out the Coconut Lime since so many of you like it. I'll be there this weekend for the sale!

on 5/29/2005 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bath and Body Works, contrary to popular opinion, is one of my least favorite stores. The packaging is cheap, plastic, and everything seems wasteful. The atmosphere is overly bright, loud (obnoxious music), busy, and depressing, and on top of that, the products are AWFUL. They all smell so cheap, and don't work AT ALL. The only product I ever liked was Banana-Rama-Ding-Dong hand soap. It smells like Trix and makes me laugh everytime I read the name.
I can never get out of B&BW fast enough...
ugh