October 1, 2014 | 1198 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Again I fell for the raves. Again. And yet again, let down. Zero coverage, too wet, wouldn't blend, and wouldn't stick, to skin or to itself. The light end color range is nice, and the amount in the tube was great, though I wasted a significant amount just trying to get any amount to stick to me, and build. After 10 minutes wasted on one eye, and zero coverage, I abandoned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by VAmom

I never thought I'd buy, let alone rave about, a makeup from a tattoo artist. But this is te best concealer I've ever used. Covers really well and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Chapswife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this as a concealer for my face for a few years now. I have bought three tubes and they last a long time (I went thru it faster when I was wearing makeup on a daily basis). I love this as a concealer because you can use it straight from the tube to cover under eye circles, broken capillaries and blotchy skin. If you want a lighter coverage- you can mix it with moisturizer. I have applied it with my fingers or a brush, both give great results.
The lightest color went well with my skin (which is a hard match). It works better in winter than summer (when i am sweating my face off!) and I would recommend this product for people who are looking for intense coverage (and are willing to build contours from there- using bronzer, blush and highlighter).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Leshly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to cry because of how god damn expensive this product was but I just love it to death. I personally don't like to conceal my dark circles, you might think this is weird but I like my dark circles. It adds more life into your eyes and with mascara you look completely different. Plus 85% of the time undereye concealers cake on so bad no matter what I do. I use concealer for my acne scars and redness onlyy.

It's great at covering blemishes, redness, and scars because it is just so pigmented and so build-able. It's not the most full coverage concealer out there but if you apply one thin layer, and add another, it could be a full-coverage concealer. I am NC42 in MAC Studio Fix Powder so I got the shade Medium 26 "Original Tan" and it matches me perfectly. The only reason I wanted a new concealer because the other concealer I was using had a strong yellow undertone and was way too pale, I couldn't deal with looking in the mirror and having white patches of concealer on my face and I'm glad I bought this concealer.

If you decide to build up the coverage I do recommend waiting until the concealer dries, because it can easily smudge, also wait for it to dry until you set it with powder. Other than the expensive price, I will keep buying this product until my acne scars disappear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Kay Von D is my hero!! This concealer works amazingly well at covering blemishes and dark spots. I don't use it to cover my tats though- I like to show em off! What's great about the formula is that it's oil-free and looks natural on my face, not cakey or oily as other concealers do. My skin is oily & acne-prone for reference, and this product has not caused a breakout. My shade is Medium 22 which is yellow-toned and especially good for redness, my recommendation is to invest in a good setting powder to put on top of the concealer. Using this product without powder will make it less effective. I will repurchase this most definitely because it blows all other coverups out of the water! Seriously HG status and the tube lasts forever since you only need the tiniest amount for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by jennargueta

Well when I bought this concealer I couldnt really tell the color from the website so it was a bit too light for me so I had to put foundation over it again so my natural skin color could show up, but otherwise it does last for a very long time, and it covers the circles under my eyes! I would buy it again but maybe in a darker shade! Oh and I also should mention that I used this for my face as an every day concealer and NOT a tattoo concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Skin Tone: Nc/nw mix ranging 07-10 depending on the season.
Acne prone, sensitive, Combination skin. Silicone and silicone derivatives do not seem to give my skin any extra problems.

First, I must state that I have no used this product as an actual tattoo concealer. I have no interest in covering my tattoos. However, as a regular facial discoloration and blemish concealer, this is one of my Favorites. I am using light and sand. Sand is almost my current skin color at the height of summer. Light does an amazing job covering up the lack of sleep showing under my eyes.

I like the coverage, consistency, texture (like a creamy liquid), and durability of this product. Definitely long wear. I always wear a primer and use a setting powder, and I have little problems with this product creasing in any lines. It offers the same kind of coverage I have received from concealer when I wore Mac products in the past, however, with out the painful cystic Acne breakout later. The packaging is a easy to use and control squeeze tube, which I very much enjoy.

No Spf, so this working amazingly well with Flash photography. I personally like choosing what sunscreen (ingredients) I put on my face. I like my sunscreen and makeup to be two different products, so this is a plus plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by breatheformusic

I've only used this once so far, but here are the pros and cons in my opinion.

PROS:
Definitely full coverage. Actually, I'd say this covers blemishes better than anything I've tried. I was stuck on MAC studio sculpt for awhile but it comes off way too easily.

Seems to stay put and have good lasting power.

Spreads very easily. Isn't too thick like some concealers that blend out horribly.

Has a nice finish. I dont find that it looks cakey AT ALL.

CONS:

Color selection is a bit limited. The light works for me when I blend it out, so I dont really have any issue finding my color, but other people might.

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried layering it on my tattoo a bit. It didnt really cover it too well. But maybe if you have a smaller, dull tattoo, it might work better. Im not sure.

..And I havent really found any other cons yet.

Like I said, I havent used this more than once now, but so far, this is what I've seen. I like it at the moment, honestly. I think it works very well for blemishes and scars and what have you (maybe just not actually for tattoos.)

EDIT (8/6/12): I changed my rating from 4 to 5 lippies. Ive been using this consistently for about two weeks now and I LOVE it. It stays put amazingly well, has awesome lasting power, doubles as a face and under eye concealer, spreads out really easily, has great full coverage, and most of all doesn't break me out! I'd honestly say that this is my HG concealer by far. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Pretty ideal as far as concealers go. I have even skin, no acne or spots, but I do have dark circles. Finding a concealer that brightens the undereye area without giving me white rings in photos is tough (MAC C7 for reference). Kat Von D concealer in Caramel is a perfect match for me. The colour is very creamy. I knocked off a lippie because I have to apply it in layers which takes some time. I gently tap the product under my eye, wait 2 minutes, then add more to the darkest part of the ring. I think MUFE is more pigmented and long lasting but the KVD stuff is a better price for me. Also, this does not really hide my tats but I would never want to do that anyway :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by jesiwonders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again. I was fooled into buying this since It claimed that it would cover tattoos. Most certainly untrue. I was matched to medium (I am an NC20) It was too dark. I tried It on, and It was horribly cakey. It drew attention to my lovely dry patches. I didn't even bother going back to get the right shade, this was a real let down.