Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/19/2013 12:45:00 PM

As have we all, I purchase one concealer after another in the hope that it will hide the variety of capillaries, dark spots and other less than perfect places on my face. Many disappoint me, however, this concealer works well for everything except for under eye (for which I always buy a separate concealer). It has a very creamy consistency and when patted on areas that need coverage AFTER I apply my regular foundation, it hides most discolorations and redness effectively for at least 8 hours.

I will say that I have yet to find a concealer that remains effective for longer than about the average work day unless it is too thick for my liking.

Give this one a try if you have slight to moderate discoloration after using a medium foundation.

on 1/17/2013 9:39:00 PM

Good coverage. Recommend if looking for a High end concealer

on 1/10/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this recently for a tattoo. It didn't cover so I decided to try it for dark circles. I am really impressed with the result. Like others here, I agree it is a great consistency for under the eye. It does have a nice finish. I put it on one day when I didn't have to go out to see how it changed over the course of a long day. At the end of the night I was wowed at how lifted my face looked. It seems to work for my dark circles by erasing them. Maybe I'm easily impressed because I just wasn't aware of how bad I really looked. It did not oxidize or change color. It did not get darker or lighter and stayed true to tone. It still looked just applied 12 hours later. I used it alone and did not set it with anything. I imagine under powder or over moisturizer it would stun. Will be repurchasing : )

on 12/28/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was disappointed. Coverage sucks if you're looking for maximum coverage. It's a shame because the shade "medium" matches my skin perfectly.this can be built up for medium-full coverage, but I feel like that's wasting a lot of product. Luckily, I got this on sale. Glad I didn't pay full price!!!

on 12/13/2012 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This isn't the best concealer out there, but its the best of the ones that I've tried. I like it because it will completely cover up my dark post-acne scars with the help of foundation and it doesn't break me out. I usually apply this under my foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and you can't see how horrid my skin really is. It stays put all day and doesn't make me oily.
It does the job and I do plan to repurchase a backup for when I run out.

on 12/2/2012 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't expecting a lot from this, but the more I use it the more I like it. Actually, I've been using this everyday for almost a year now, to cover dark acne marks and just random discoloration. Sometimes I just get really patchy spots and I end up spreading this out on a big chunk of my face, like a foundation!

It doesn't seem like anything special at first, but it's one of the few concealers that have not broken me out (Vichy Normaderm, I'm looking at you...) even when you wear it everyday. Also, it has decent staying power, though it wipes off pretty easily and can melt off at the end of the day. However, my face does get rather oily. Also, it doesn't oxidize, which is always a plus for me.

It's rather liquidy, but the tube lasts forever. I am just getting to the end of this tube and it has been about a year.

Overall, if I find that I get to the end of a tube of something and am perfectly happy with it, then I know I have something good. Have repurchased.

on 11/22/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have a tattoo on my wrist that I was interested in covering up sometimes, so I bought this. If that's what you intend to use this for, don't bother. However, I have used it frequently since then as a normal facial concealer, for which it works great. I have no blending problems with it and it provides pretty good (medium/full) coverage. It stays on very well and will last the entire day with no problems. It doesn't clog my pores or worsen a breakout if I have one. This little package has lasted me forever. You only need the smallest amount of it for ample coverage. I would definitely recommend it to use for blemishes or red areas on your face, but don't bother with it if you want to use it to cover tattoos.

on 11/15/2012 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to wear this concealer thinking it was legit.. I was so wrong. My aunt took a picture of me and you could tell I was wearing concealer. I was so embarrassed. NEVER AGAIN !

on 10/29/2012 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good concealer, definitely not great. The coverage is medium to full, I don't think it's as full coverage as they make it out to be. It goes on smooth and is blendable and dries to a matte/velvet finish. I like it but still unsure if I'd repurchase.

on 10/24/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Really not impressed by this at all. I have heard decent things about this line, but, unfortunately, the concealer did very little to conceal a tat on by upper, lower arm. I REALLY hate to recommend dermablend, but I'm going to in this case.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products