July 22, 2014 | 1375 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 5:32:00 AM More reviews by cremebear

HG. i've been using this for several months and i haven't even finished a tube of this humongous stick. It looks like a glue stick but doesn't feel anything like glue when applied to lips. i don't even know how to describe it...lets see.....

you know how carmex (click stick) is really sticky and leaves a gooey layer on your lips? palmer's doesnt do that... it is ultra smooth and non sticky/non oily.
you know how burt's bees doesn't feel moisturizing at all or like you need to keep re-applying? it's definitely not like that.

when my lips are SUPER chapped this doesn't make it disappear instantly but after application and a little bit of rubbing my lips together it makes the chapped lips soft with some annoying flakes that i scrub away. with regular use i always have super soft lips.

i seriously just cant get over how amazing this stuff feels on my lips

okay details.. this stuff smells deliciously creamily cocoa-y but has no flavor. it doesn't clog the pores directly around my lips, which some other things have. but i did try to apply it to a flakey spot on my face one time and i ended up with a whitehead in that same area the next day. it goes great under lipstick because its moisturizing but doesn't leave a filmy layer on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tinav101805

OMG I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!
I LOVE THAT IT'S BIG.. SOMETIMES PPL THINK IM PUTTING GLUE ON MY LIPS ITS FUNNY LOL

ANYWAYS FOR ME ITS SOO HARD TO FIND A LIP BALM THAT WOULD KEEP MY LIPS FROM GETTING DRY AND THIS ONE IS JUST PERFECT!!

I GOT MY FIRST STICK AROUND LAST YEAR AND IT STILL LASTED UNTIL TODAY!!
IT'S INEXPENSIVE AND IT LAST FOR A REALLY LONG TIME!
MY BF LOVES IT TOO! HE PUTS IT ON ALL THE TIME

I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow I thought I was the only person on the planet that used this as a lip balm! Glad to know that other people use this too. It's basically my one and only chapstick and I've been using it for at least 7 years now. It is incredibly moisturizing, NOT waxy at all (some chapsticks are pretty much a stick of wax and do nothing for the lips), makes my lips pinker, and my husband is not allergic (like he is with many of my lip products). Pretty much everyone I know has seen me using this and make fun of me b/c of my "glue stick" chapstick but I don't care, it's the only thing that works. I do wish it lasted longer on the lips though. I also use this for dry spots on my skin and to fade scars. It's very soothing. p.s. they recently released a small chapstick-size version of this product, but I'm not sure if all of the ingredients are the same. I was using it for about a week but lost it (I think my cat had something to do with that) so I can't say if it's exactly the same.
EDIT: The ingredients in the small version of this are not the same. It has an added wax and some other stuff, so I'll stick to the original.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ain't just for lips!

This has got to be the best moisturizing stick ever.... it moisturizes, smells great..... smells like cake batter, so yummmmmmy.... plus, not only is it great for your lips but you can spot treat certain areas of your body if you don't want to use a cream all over.... I will sometimes use this under my eyes and it works great as an eye cream at night.

I have found in my beauty travels over the years that most products which have been around for years really do deliver results... I'm not saying that they all do but there are many that certainly do and Palmers products is one of them.

If you want soft lips, elbows, knees etc. then I highly recommend you try this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG! thank you once again MUA for leading me straight to something i would have never thought to try and has now become essential to my life! this big, chubby stick of heaven is the only lip balm i'll be buying for years and years to come. it has the most unique and comfortable texture of any lip product i've ever tried in my life; it's very moisturizing, very soothing, but not at all thick and waxy. usually i put up with thick and waxy because that's the only way i can get something that stays on my lips for more than 5 minutes but this balm feels soft, smooth, comfortable and sticks around for a decent amount of time. once it's absorbed into my lips fully it doesn't leave them dry and flaky like soooo many other balms but actually leaves them in better condition than they were to begin with. it seems like all lips balms should be able to accomplish that simple task but THEY DON'T. i just adore this product, i whip it out about twenty times a day because i actually enjoy applying it to my lips. it's size is great, covers your lips quickly w/o being cumbersome and it will last forever. it's also easy to find in your purse because it's not so tiny! i must admit that i haven't tried it anywhere except for my lips but i don't really think the texture would work so well anywhere else. i'm so impressed with this balm that i'm going to look into more of Palmer's products because i see many of them get raves on the review boards. for all you lip balm lovers out there, please give this a chance, it will change your life! it's like Prozac for your lips! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this as a huge lip balm and it smells great. Also good for moisturizing small random areas like elbows and cuticles.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan to be honest. I was looking for a lip conditioner that would actually DO something but this failed. Yeah it smells nice and all but it really didn't do anything for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great stuff. I never have dry lips usually, but this year towards the end of spring hay fever struck and my lips rebelled. None of my other balms were doing it (inlcuding Blistex and the Neutrogena Swiss formula) so I tried this. Within a week things cleared up and I'm still using it. My lips are smooth, soft and moisturized with no flakes. Good price, smells yummy and cheap. You can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Courtenay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this. Love the smell, love the texture. I like that it's just a simple chapstick that smooths on easily and doesn't have a weird texture. The scent is nice, but not overpowering and doesn't conflict with other smells. I also really, really like the size. So much easier to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by IvyRhine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I'm allergic to this.. It stings my lips and makes them swell. Doesn't moisturize and doesn't work for me. Synthetic smell