September 20, 2014 | 1890 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by anasofie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. It offers good coverage but blends easily. The shades are excellent too. But mostly, I LOVE that this foundation has Zinc Oxide as a sunblock, instead of chemical sunscreens. This offers superior protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ridemeBIGsheldon

Just like most of these recent reviews, I bought this after hearing the comparison to NARS Sheer Glow. I thought, well I don't really wanna drop $42 but I will gladly spend $9.97 at Walmart for this.
I wear this over my Good Skin (Kohls) moisturizer and Fyrinnae silica gel primer since I tend to be on the combo side, especially in the t-zone. I used my SK flat top brush after dotting it on and then patted some loose powder over. Such a lovely finish, doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I love that this just makes my skin look natural and perfected, not actually made up. Took a lippie off for the bottle, I am a huge fan of pumps, and would rather it be more sanitary.
I'm a NW20 and take Deauville in NARS foundation, but bought "40" Nude the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did nothing for me! It made my face look cakey, even when I had a little on. It comes off fast too... So I would not buy this again. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after hearing that this was similar to NARS Sheer Glow but for a fraction of the price. Let me start by saying that the feel and texture of this foundation is comparable to the NARS Sheer Glow BUT the coverage is not. So if you want a more coverage this foundation is not for you as I found this was more of a sheer to medium coverage makeup and the NARS Sheer Glow was more medium to full coverage.

With that said this foundation worked well for my skin, did not break me out and left me with a lovely "glow" to my skin. I love the fact that this like the Sheer Glow looks like your skin, not like you are wearing foundation. Since wearing it I have had several people at work compliment me on how my skin looks so for me that in itself speaks volumes. I will say that I think this suits people with normal to dry skin; if you have oily skin I would stay away as this does not do anything to matify or control shine.

Application for me that worked best were with my hands and I finish this off with a light dusting of either my MUFE HD Powder or my MAC MSF Natural Powder.

I am a NC35-NC37, I was Barcelona in the NARS Sheer Glow and in this makeup my shade is #70 Fresh Beige.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by whittiergal15

I bought this foundation because I heard it was comparable to Nars Sheer Glow, however if Nars is just like this foundation I am glad I did not buy it. I tried this foundation with and without primer and both times I ended up looking very oily throughout the day. Once I accidently got too much out of the bottle because there is not pump and I tried to use it up to build a good coverage, it looked like I have put oil all over my face.
You have to use a very light hand and it will give you a nice glow, this actually should be a tinted mositurizer not a foundation. Trying to build up the coverage is not a good thing because all you do is look oily and the foundation tends to glide around your face even with a setting powder on top. If I had no blemishes to hide and just wanted a little glow then this would be perfect but I nee dmore coverage and with my combination skin this makes me look very oily. Lastly, this foundation made all my blush and bronzer disappear, I will not be buying this again.

UPDATE: I decide to try the foundation again because I felt like I was wasting money and I finally made it work. Although, the coverage remains the same instead of using a powder brush to set my foundation I used a thick compact sponge. I blot it all over my face and it looks great and stays that whole entire day. So I have been using this more often and I am starting to love it even more.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Fluffycat2700

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:

-Great buildable coverage.
-Blends nicely.
-Comes in very light colors for us pale chicks.
-Lasts a fair amount of time. (8-10 hours)

Cons:

-Although I'm pale, (as in most foundations in the lightest color are too dark for me) this one in the lightest was a bit too light even for my winter months.
-Doesn't last in the sun at all. ( even with powder)
-It's a bit oily so you'll need a loose powder.
-It's not oil free and with a few days it made me break out.
-No pump and the bottle isn't good for klutzes like me. :P

---------------------

-Overall I'd say this is a pretty nice foundation as long as you're not prone to acne. It's really great if your very pale and looking for a foundation that's not too dark.

-I'd probably buy this foundation again for my winter months just because of the amazing and sheer coverage it gives. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

I almost bought this foundation after hearing a lot of good buzz about it. But I'm so glad that I tested it out before committing to buy, because this foundation has one of those unforgivable qualities to me - it OXIDIZES to an unflattering ORANGE. I know that most foundations do that and you can just choose a lighter shade so that it'll match your skin eventually, but this one oxidized a lot, turned a different shade that would look unflattering on most. I tested the Nude 04 on a few spots on my hands, writs and arms, and everywhere, it went from around a NC20-25 to around an NW40. I find that foundations oxidize on me a lot faster when I'm warm or sweating, however, I was not warm when testing this product, nor was I sweating in all those areas. The finish felt quite nice, it was a smooth, satin, semi-matte one. I probably would've liked it if it wasn't for the oxidization. BTW, this one isn't available in Canada, you'll have to either order it online or go south of the boarder for it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by owotlarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this a week ago and I absolutely LOVE IT. First of all, it doesn't break me out (huge plus - I'm usually afraid of liquid makeup). The color has a pinkish undertone, which works very well for my skin tone. The coverage is just enough for me, light to medium, but definitely buildable. I love the smell. It's very fresh and citrus/flowery, but it doesn't have a scent on your face. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by canadiangirl7861

i love this foundation. i think is has great coverage and that it lasts all day. the bad thing is that it mainly has pink undertines whereas i have yellow undertones...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by scrumptiouzz

this is one of my favorite foundations. it works well with my combination skin. i have an oily/normal forehead and chin, super oily nose, and cheeks that produce not even a smidge of oil. it doesn't cause my cheeks to look dry and flaky. i use a moisturizer before and let it soak up for almost an hour, due to my schedule, till i slap on this foundation. it's easy to blend, the consistency is runny. it gives me a dewy, glowy finish with a medium coverage. i don't use alot, very minimal. i like using my fingers with this foundation. now the only slight problem i have with this, is the smell. it's not a bad smell, but something about it doesn't appeal to my nose. overall, i love this foundation. blends easily, dewy finish, spf 20, cheaper than my other favorite, the nars sheer glow.