Kerastase Nectar Thermique

4.4

Aqua/Water, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Potato Starch Modified, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Polyquaternium-4, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Trideceth-6, Citronellol, Xylose, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Limonene, Cetrimonium Chloride, Royal Jelly/Royal Jelly Extract, Parfum/Fragrance

on 7/16/2010 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Looooooove this stuff!!! I used to use Ciment Thermique, but it just didn't have enough moisturizing effect. The Nectar works great for dry hair AND as a heat protector AND as a smoothing balm for blowouts AND for damaged hair too. i live in a really dry climate, so most heat protectors or straightening balms will result in me having totally pin straight hair with zero volume. Nectar Thermique smoothes it enough to straighten, but doesnt weight it down, so I still get a little bounce. It does kind of smell like grandmas (I heard the scent was modeled after Chanel No. 5), but by the time I've blown out my hair and used my InStyler or curling iron, you can't really smell it too strongly. A walnut sized amount is plenty for long hair to make it smooth, soft, and shiny!

on 6/21/2010 7:17:00 PM

I rarely write reviews bit omg. This product made my hair so manageable and so shiny!!! I have thick Ethiopian hair. It was so straight and shiny after I ran a flat iron thru it people were asking if I had got it done at a salon !!! I love it!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I'm sure this is fantastic for thicker, coarser, heat styled hair. Kerastase is always a good product, but Nectar Thermique was way too heavy for my fine, dry, heat styled and color treated hair, and don't even get me started on the smell...it should be called Nectar Burnt Plastique if you ask me. Yuck! So uncharacteristic of the Kerastase line! I used it on and off for over a year because I needed a heat protectant, but I found it to be a bit too heavy for my hair.

I recommend Ciment Thermique for fine hair.

on 5/13/2010 8:07:00 PM

i am in LOVE with this product. makes my hair super soft and manageable, especially after a blow dry. i love that it doesnt weigh my hair down. definitely has improved the texture of my hair too. will repurchase. a HG and a staple.

on 5/6/2010 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm a huge fan of Ciment Thermique, but when I was running low on my 2nd tube, I decided to check the boards before repurchasing. The reviews for Nectar Thermique made it a no-brainer, so I bought this instead of my usual (beloved) Ciment Thermique.

The only negative w/Nectar T. is the fragrance. Jesus God - what were they thinking?!? It smells exactly like 99% of the shampoos at your local drug store - totally OTT, FAKE, FAKE, FAKE floral; the sort of scent a 5-year-old girl would be crazy about. It is so repulsive to me, & I sometimes smell it on my hair hours after it's dry. So, if anyone w/any clout at Kerastase is reading this, *please* change the scent to the heavenly grapefruit scent of Ciment T.

Rant over. OK, in spite of the god-awful scent, I cannot in good conscience take off even one star because this formula is spectacular. My hair is pin-straight, thin & fine, so I use a chickpea-sized amount on ends, working it up almost to scalp. It adds volume to my hair & gives it real substance, which is lovely. And there is something else that no one has mentioned . . . the day *after* I've used this, I wake up & my hair still looks blow-dry perfect! Before using this I had to blow-dry my hair every day because when I wake up it's totally flat. I don't know how this works, but no matter how I sleep, I awaken with full, perfect looking hair, all fluffy like just after I've dried it. Go figure. Yes, this is worth the price because as many have already mentioned, you use a very small amount. With Ciment T. I use probably 6 or 7 times more, per application, and that's a lot!

on 5/1/2010 12:36:00 PM

Update:
I wrote an upset review for this product a couple of weeks ago, telling you guys just how bad it smells and how I expected so much more from a product in this price range.
I just updated my rating from 2 lipsticks to 4... Hey! A girl can have a change of heart, right?
It's quite good. Actually, Nectar Thermique is more then quite good, it's almost brilliant and near an HG...
I was so impatient to see a result and the first uses let me down so hard, I thought this product would change the status of my hair from day one, and no it didn't.
But after a few weeks, I've started to see a result.
The first thing I had to learn about N T, was how much product to use.
My hair is very dry and I need quite a lot of this product, it says to use a walnut size on the bottle, and that's how much I need.
The second thing was how to distribute it.
I put it on the ends, then the lengths, then the scalp. All the way through, and I really take time to massage it toroughly into the strands.
I also let it sit a couple of minutes before blow drying.
I bet you don't need to do the same procedure, but if you've bought this and don't really get it, like me, this might help?
I re-apply day two after wash with excellent result, it acts softening and slightly de-frizzing on dry hair.
The result is very shiny, bouncy, not-at-all heavy hair.
Have in mind that my hair is extremely dry and applying so much product and so near your scalp will probably not work for everyone.
But it's a must for me, and having done so, I'll have to call it money well spent and yes, I'll probably repurchase a new bottle even before this one is empty, just to make sure I don't stand without one morning.
The scent though... Yuck. That's still not acceptable.

on 4/23/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i absolutely love this product! I needed a new regiment for my hair because my hair was very dry from coloring it every few months. Since summer is coming I wanted a more softer look and a UV protection, which this product does both! If you have a hard time deciding between the ciment, nectar and chroma thermique, just look at what kind of hair you have. For Ciment, use it if you have weakened hair and it is much more thicker than the nectar, I suggest you not to use too much or use it if you have thin hair because it could weigh down your hair. Nectar, use it if you have dry hair, which I had a problem with. I heard Nectar also protects hair color. Chroma is for color processed hair but I didn't choose this because nectar moisturizes and protects hair color. I would recommend nectar if you have dry hair and dry hair from coloring. I use nectar and blow dry my hair with a comb. Blow drying with a comb will make your much more silky. After blow drying, combination with sublimateur jour makes my hair so silky and soft!

on 4/12/2010 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

already everybody has wiriting sucn nice review.so I will make my review short.
I don't know why I didn't try Nectar Thermique before I spend $$$ on other product. I guess, there is lot of Kerastase salon in my country.so I just feel Kerastase is something special. also I did try one product from kerastase which even I don't remember the name.
about week ago. Nice muaer from hair care board sent me sample.
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy with the result.

add
my hair is in good condition as no damage much.
so I don't use it often anylonger because it's makes my hair
too soft like butter soft.

on 4/11/2010 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product which really works. I am so glad that this was recommended to me. I blow dry and use a straighten iron on my hair everyday making it feeling very dry. After using this product for about a month now I was really impressed. The creamy like texture of the product is very lite and doesn't feel oily at all. My hair feels soft and light and it also has a heat styling protective agent which is an extra bonus. I have to admit it is quite pricey, but it's well worth it !!!!

on 4/7/2010 2:31:00 AM

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this product lol. God knwos I feel like the most stubborn person on the plent for having waited so many years to finally try this product after all the holy grrail reviews. Honestly though I spend so much money on haircare, skincare, and beauty as is I just couldnt push myself to beleive that I couldn't get a quality hair product for blowdrying unless I bought the most expensive. I have used tons of thermal, straightening, sleeking and god knows what other product when blowdrying/flat ironing my super fussy and poufy prone natural wavy hair straght. NO matter what I used never got amazing results and always had to use some kind of serum or shine spray or hairspray as a finsihing product to yet still keep down the poof. I do love Kerastase which I hate as it's so dam pricey lol, but considering how much I have spent over the years trying out products that were horrible I could kick myself for not having jsut tried this sooner. I alreay use the Oleo Relax serum which I love and this is even better. I got this and the CT from a swap to test out. I right away though the Ct would be my best choice as I don't want my hair weighed down and because it's lighter however was nothign special and I can' even begin to say how much I cann't stand the horrifying citrus perfumy smell of that product which never goes away. I've never run across anything I have been bothered my smell wise. After trying the NT thinking it would be too heavy for my fine but lot of it wavy hair I was shocked as to how soft my hair was even after letting it airdry jsut using this without a curl cream or anything. Amazing results, decent perfumy type smell, and really like teh cream/serum texture as that is what I feel really nourishes you hair. Also doesn't weigh my hair down of make it greasy. DIdn't want to beleive the hype but I really am sold. Now I really want to try the new Chroma Thermique as I dye my hair and only hope it works as good as NT and about time they came out wth a thermal as I loved Chroma Protection Cream but never made sense to me at all why in teh world it wasn't thermal and only practical for people who never use heat tools, the lucky few lol.

Top Rated Kerastase Products