Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 8/8/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this on my daughters' hair. One has wavy hair, one has 3a curls and one has 3b curls. This works great on all of them to detangle and moisturize.

I didn't like it on my hair. I think it weighed it down too much so I use the KCCC alone.

on 6/16/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Disappointed. I air dry my hair...and this made it hard and crunchy. Once your hair is dry you can comb out the crunch, but my hair didn't feel incredibly soft or silky afterwards as expected from a leave in conditioner. If you have black hair like myself, skip this.

on 6/14/2010 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

For spring/summer use I give KT five stars. I love the ingredients and the smell- but it is not super moisturizing. In the summer this is perfect for my 3C hair but in the fall/winter I need heavier products. Currently I use KT and seal my ends with Qhemet Biologics burdock cream.

Amazing. Best thing I've ever used for my 3b/3c hair. I've never used a leave in because I worried they'd be too heavy but this is not.

on 4/26/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I Love this Product, I don't know how I went so long without it, I could have been detangling my hair like a knife through butter a long time ago, lol, Nothin Detangles my hair like this and leaves it so soft!, Wow, this is a HG product

on 3/3/2010 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a holy grail product for me. It's all natural, has a nice light scent, and makes the tangles slip right out of my hair. I use it underneath the Curling custard, but I have also used it alone for conditioner only curl defining. It looses a lipstick because brick and mortar places only sell it in 8 oz bottles (42oz can be purchased from kinky curly's website, but the shipping is outrageous).

on 2/19/2010 9:38:00 PM

Got this from the curly mart web site (forgot the exact name) as part of a "cocktail" of products named Curlita (sic). I have thick curly hair , with tons of volume and a tendency to friz on top. As my hair grows out, it has a tendency to "dread", and to bunch into huge knots where it rubs my coat or shirt at the base of my neck. I'm also a swimmer. I used this product in the shower prior to putting on my bathing cap. It detangled those knots quickly (I usually end up ripping huge fistful of hairs as I try to detangle it) and I loved the smell. Super light and with a very faint rosy-powderiness to it. After my swim, I conditioned my hair, then added a dollop of Knot today which I nearly rinsed out but left some on the ends. Together with some of the coco-light leave in conditioner from Long Lovely Locks (who makes up these names?) my hair is shiny, the curls are tight and springy with zero crunchiness and there is no detectable smell to clash with my fragrance, which is a good thing. I think I will have to add a little something for more hold during a day at work (perhaps Styling Cream from B&B) to make sure my curls have enough definition at the end of the day. I usually use B&B leave in, Tazai styling cream from Shu Uemura, Kiehl's grooming cream but this will probably become part of the rotation.

on 11/17/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am a woman of color with tightly coiled curly hair. This conditioner is one of my staples (the other being Jessicurl Aloeba). It is a great detangler for me as well as in warmer months a great leave in; in winter/cooler weather I need something a bit heavier to add to it. I get great shiny curls when I use this. Nice smell as well, very natural, slightly fruity/coconut, but it doesn't linger long. I have repurchased several bottle of this as well as Come Clean, the shampoo from the line.

on 8/27/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This leave in is decent when you run out of what you may usually use. It smells like something that i may have used back in highschool. Not bad at all. But not "good" either. The texture is nice and yes, this does help well at detangling my hair (no where as well as my Umberto Beverly Hills spray though). I have waist length healthy 3b-3c curls and found this to be a little ho-hum. It doesn't condition my hair at all? It detangles but once my hair is dry i can't even tell that i used a leave-in. It's pretty light and i highly doubt you would ever get any build up from it. I bet this would work great on childrens hair but not adults that really need moisture. So many better choices out there.

If your looking for something light i'd give it a try. It's a good product but not what i was looking for. I also think it's a little hyped up for what it is.

on 5/10/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing product. Bought it on a whim after seeing it on a display at Whole Foods. This makes my curls SOOOO soft while staying voluminous and giving them great definition. The reason why I think this product works so well is the lack of oils and sillicones that are normally present in curly hair products that just weigh my hair down and make it greasy. This product moisterizes but doesnt weight down my curls at all. It also smells fantastic. The price is also very reasonable for the amount of product you get. I only use about a dime sized amount a day so this should last a good while. Definite repurchase.

Popular Hair Products