Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 9/11/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This conditioner was just okay. I have frizzy and coarse 3c/4a hair and I found Knot Today was not thick enough to really moisturize my hair. The scent was pleasant, that's one good thing I can say about it. I really wanted to like this product as I've read great things but it didn't do anything for me.

on 8/29/2010 10:49:00 PM

Another excellent prodcut from Kinky Curly that can be used as a light condtioner at ends or leave in, leaving hair with much shine and no residue to wear it down. Excellent line, with clean no frill results. Just a bit and you will be tangle free and hair will have much movement, shine and bounce.

on 8/26/2010 7:45:00 PM

My hair loves this along with the Come Clean Shampoo and the Curling Custard. I do like that the containers are clear so you can see the amount of product used. I have fine long highlighted hair with natural wave and have been using this as a rinse out conditioner. Whether I I let my hair air dry or blow dry it with a round brush the results are soft beautiful curls...no frizz and my hair looks super healthy. The best part is the style lasts for days and I no longer get greasy roots. I cannot believe that I am getting these amazing results for a fracture of what I was spending on other HE hair products.

on 8/8/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this on my daughters' hair. One has wavy hair, one has 3a curls and one has 3b curls. This works great on all of them to detangle and moisturize.

I didn't like it on my hair. I think it weighed it down too much so I use the KCCC alone.

on 6/16/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Disappointed. I air dry my hair...and this made it hard and crunchy. Once your hair is dry you can comb out the crunch, but my hair didn't feel incredibly soft or silky afterwards as expected from a leave in conditioner. If you have black hair like myself, skip this.

on 6/14/2010 2:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

For spring/summer use I give KT five stars. I love the ingredients and the smell- but it is not super moisturizing. In the summer this is perfect for my 3C hair but in the fall/winter I need heavier products. Currently I use KT and seal my ends with Qhemet Biologics burdock cream.

Amazing. Best thing I've ever used for my 3b/3c hair. I've never used a leave in because I worried they'd be too heavy but this is not.

on 4/26/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I Love this Product, I don't know how I went so long without it, I could have been detangling my hair like a knife through butter a long time ago, lol, Nothin Detangles my hair like this and leaves it so soft!, Wow, this is a HG product

on 3/3/2010 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a holy grail product for me. It's all natural, has a nice light scent, and makes the tangles slip right out of my hair. I use it underneath the Curling custard, but I have also used it alone for conditioner only curl defining. It looses a lipstick because brick and mortar places only sell it in 8 oz bottles (42oz can be purchased from kinky curly's website, but the shipping is outrageous).

on 2/19/2010 9:38:00 PM

Got this from the curly mart web site (forgot the exact name) as part of a "cocktail" of products named Curlita (sic). I have thick curly hair , with tons of volume and a tendency to friz on top. As my hair grows out, it has a tendency to "dread", and to bunch into huge knots where it rubs my coat or shirt at the base of my neck. I'm also a swimmer. I used this product in the shower prior to putting on my bathing cap. It detangled those knots quickly (I usually end up ripping huge fistful of hairs as I try to detangle it) and I loved the smell. Super light and with a very faint rosy-powderiness to it. After my swim, I conditioned my hair, then added a dollop of Knot today which I nearly rinsed out but left some on the ends. Together with some of the coco-light leave in conditioner from Long Lovely Locks (who makes up these names?) my hair is shiny, the curls are tight and springy with zero crunchiness and there is no detectable smell to clash with my fragrance, which is a good thing. I think I will have to add a little something for more hold during a day at work (perhaps Styling Cream from B&B) to make sure my curls have enough definition at the end of the day. I usually use B&B leave in, Tazai styling cream from Shu Uemura, Kiehl's grooming cream but this will probably become part of the rotation.

Popular Hair Products