October 1, 2014 | 1892 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by HOTTASHLEHH

I actually like this liner because of how easily it applies, the control you gave over the pen, and the formula is not runny. However everytime I use this my eyes start itching then it becomes puffy and irritated. I'm sad because I really like this liner but I'm allergic.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by STsalim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am literally shocked at how much people hate this product. I didn't really love it at first -- I had to keep applying more product to build up the line that I wanted and the tip was much too thick. However, after trying other liquid liners (including L'oreal Lineur Intense, NYX Super Skinny Marker, Sonia Kashuk and Bobbi Brown gel liners, and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner) I must say that I do prefer this one to those. I will be trying the Maybelline Line Expert and Stila pen product and comparing this to those. Otherwise, from the liners I've already used and similar products this is the lesser of the evils.

Smell: Does smell a bit like a sharpie but the smell didn't really bother me.

Opaqueness: Definitely has to be built up but I've found that, compared to other similar pen-like products, this is more pigmented. I like that it's a little liquidy and does not dry out like other pen products I've tried. I've had this product for over a year and it still works. I wish it was more pigmented but as I said is comparatively better.

Tip/Brush: Definitely needs to be thinner for a more precise wing but is easier to use than actual liquid products where you have to dip the tip into a pot or other device. Don't have to keep redipping and dries relatively fast so if you build layers the bottom layer doesn't show through to your skin.

Price: Can't remember how much I paid but couldn't have been much more than $6 or $7

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't review a product after 1 wear.
It smells like a sharpie marker. That was my first turnoff.
You have to make several passes across your eye before you get a decent line.
I rarely return makeup, but this will be going back to CVS.
Update: I decided to keep the pen. It does stay on all day. That is most important to me. I like brownish black liner for everyday to work wear when I don't feel like wearing black. I prefer the pencil.
But, I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by SalRose1990

I honestly really wanted to love this eyeliner. I have purchased and repurchased it many times and I always end up returning it. I don't know if I always get one from a bad batch or whatnot, but I can not get this to show up on my eyes. It goes on way too sheer. I do, one the other hand, love their liquid eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am genuinely surprised at all the negative reviews! I really like this product (although I am generally not a liquid eyeliner kind of gal). I purchased this in Blackened Brown, and use it mostly to tightline the upper lash line to enhance the look of my lashes.

The marker tip is very easy to use, and the packaging is pretty good, as it just has a cap like a pen. I do feel like it is very pigmented (at least enough for my uses), and it hasn't dried out at all, even with pretty regular use. I really like the Revlon ColorStay range of products, as they all seem to be of high quality, and Revlon is a cruelty-free company... This product is great for what I need it for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in "Blackened Brown" when I ran out of my usual liquid liner. I wanted something with a pen tip and in a color that I can use during the day. Pros: The pen applicator was easy to use and easy to draw a fine line with. In fact I find it easier to use than felt tips or brushes. Drying time was pretty quick although not as quick as some I have used. I'd say about under a minute. No smudging or flaking while wearing it. Cons: My biggest issue was the shade itself. It isn't even dark brown but more of a medium, watered down warm brown that hardly shows up on my tan complexion unless I make at least 3 passes. Before this, I had been using UD liquid liner in Demolition and that one was a true dark brown that only needed one pass. I can only surmise that this product isn't pigmented enough. Although I didn't experience flaking or smudging, the color itself didn't last very long either. I'd say about 4 hrs over a primer before it needed touching up. Granted I have oily lids but I've used products that cost less than this that lasted longer. In fact the Milani liquid eyeliner in dark brown that I recently acquired is a much richer and darker brown and lasted longer, not to mention cheaper. Not sure how the black shade fares but the brown is disappointing in my opinion. Not a repeat buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wished so much that this liner was more pigmented than it is, it comes off more charcoal than black and easily transfers if you don't set it with shadow. With that said, I would still purchase it. I'm not an expert when it comes to liquid liner so i use this to perfect my wing or as a guide and use a more pigmented liner on top, I'm sure there are other superior marker type liners, so when I find one I'll probably ditch this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Pixelatedash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can only assume that revlon were being sarcastic when they named this 'blackest black'. It's a watery grey colour at best! I find it difficult to apply, takes lots of going over the same spot to get it to show. I can't remember how much it cost me, but I'm pretty sure it was more than AUD$20... So I can't bring myself to throw it out. Am going to try layering a dark black eyeshadow over the top to see if that helps at all!
I don't recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Worst freaking liquid pen liner ever. I got this in the color Blackest Black. Pft yeah right. The consistency is very runny and the color is nowhere near black (even on the first use). It disappeared within ten minutes that I put it on my eyes and the brush is a bit too stiff.
Save your money for other eyeliners that could work 10 times better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg this Liner is crap. I purchased this in "black brown". Color is not pigmented at all. I used it twice before throwing it out.maybe black color is better but I definitely would not repurchase this again.