Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very good at clearing up acne! It's especially helpful during PMS when (my) skin gets especially sensitive. However, combined with tanning it did dry my skin because it contains AHA. Other than that it is fantastic and a must-have!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used this for a couple of days hoping to get good results. The only results I got were more acne AND a really really red face! I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS

on 1/6/2011 1:58:00 AM

The Good: It smells good and the beads serve as a decent exfoliator
The Bad: The product initially did a wondrous job of cleansing my face and provided a satisfying tingle to my face post-wash, but it gave me MAJOR break-outs when half the product was used. I waited until the break-outs went away and resumed to using it. It has kept my face semi-clear from then on but the tingling sensation has disappeared and it just feels as though it's not working as well as it did for me in the beginning.
Overall: I have chosen to not buy this product again because I feel that my search for a good cleanser should not end with this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has pretty much been my regular cleanser for about a year. Its a lot better than many of the drugstore brands and it quite gentle compared to some other salicylic acid cleansers. In the beginning this was quite effective at clearing up my acne but now it has pretty much stopped working. It still cleans pretty well though and is good for its price, I think about 8-9 CDN. I really like the packaging and scent. Sometimes it makes my skin feel tight but I think I need to get a good moisturizer to counteract that.The name is quite funny though Acne "Stress" Control my foot!! I don't think this helps with stress related or hormonal acne at all! I like the gentleness of this cream cleanser though as opposed to a scrub or foaming cleanser.

on 12/20/2010 4:30:00 PM

Love this stuff. I first got a sample of this, liked it, got a full bottle, and now I'm on my second bottle. Love the tingly cool feeling you get after you use this, like you got deep down into your pores. I don't know if it prevents stressed induced acne but it's a nice drugstore cleanser and it leaves your skin feeling refreshed.

on 12/7/2010 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Really like this cleanser, works wonders for my acne prone/sensitive skin. Removes all of my makeup and works miracles over night, clearing up any blemishes- love salicylic acid, really helps my skin. Definitely worth a try- i was about to give up on finding a good cleanser to help with my spots. Makes me feel like i can wear make up all day and know that it's all going to be removed thoroughly at night. Love it.

on 11/28/2010 8:02:00 PM

I was using the Pore Refining Cleanser until I switched to this one, I will probably switch back when this one runs out though. I like the way it makes my skin feel, smooth and soft, but doesn't seem to get hardly any make-up off so I feel like I'm still wearing it until I get my toner out and get it all off. It does seem to help clear up any break-outs that I may have pretty quickly though and doesn't make my skin oily.

on 11/21/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wonder if I'm using the same cleanser as others cus mine is very strong and effective. This cleanser helps get rid of my breakout in matter of 1-2 weeks and is probably the best SA cleanser I have used. I can definiately see a difference in the clarity of my skin in terms of little bumps and blackheads. However, if I use it too much, it makes my skin red and sensitive. I can't believe people say that this is like a gentle cleanser. The acid in this cleanser is strong.

on 11/3/2010 12:29:00 PM

I prefer the scrub to the cream wash, but this is better than nothing.

I generally use this product in the morning (no makeup is on my skin)...you will need to use a separate cleanser for makeup removal.

I still do get the occasional breakout here and there but this does a nice job of keeping my skin looking clear. The scrub version of this product keeps my skin totally clear...perhaps the exfoliation factor is all this product needs for it to be effective.

on 10/29/2010 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

OMG, this stuff is HORRIBLE. I have extremely sensitive, very oily, ACNE PRONE skin. . .. and this stuff did NOTHING for me.. . .. definitely doesn't CLEAN. . .. it shouldn't even be called a "CLEANser"....
Total waste of money.