April 18, 2014 | 1966 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation, it's very runny. It does get oily after a couple of hours, so I don't believe it has long-staying power.

EDIT: I absolutely love this now. It really grew on me. I have it in Warm Beige (i think), and at first, it looked a tiny bit dark for me but since it is summertime, I find this to be a very good match! I can't go back to my usual Mac NC25 foundations it's too pale. Bobbi Brown foundations lean on the yellow side. I just love it, the finish is amazing. Yes at the end of the day it doesn't look as good but I totally love this foundation-more than Mac.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by msjaim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use warm honey & its a pretty decent match.. gives a nice natural finish. every time i try new foundations, I always end up back at the bobbi brown counter. my skin can range anywhere from oil to dry. for me it only emphasizes the flakes WHEN I DONT PREP MY SKIN CORRECTLY & EXFOLIATE THEN MOISTURIZE ; )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Cutekitti

I really like this foundation. Its a very nice match for my skintone (super pale) and I use it in porcelain. It doesnt separate on my nose like some foundations do and it seems to last all day as well! I wear a mask for much of the day as I work in surgery and it doesnt rub off! It also melds very well with my skin texture and doesn't look cakey or patchy. I would certainly buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks very natural on the skin, but I was hoping for a little more dewiness. The coverage was pretty decent, and it felt light and cooling while being applied. Bobbi Brown's colors are quite yellow, keep that in mind. Nice to know that it has SPF and it is light and wearable. Can be sheered out nicely with moisturizer. Biggest frustration.... it emphasizes my dry spots like crazy!!! talk about a crusty, dry nose. yuck

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Emc08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is the best I have ever tried and I have tried lots!! I have really sensitive rosecea prone skin and am using the warm ivory. The yellow tint to the foundation is great for covering up the red on my cheeks, it is such a good colour match and so natural looking. The matching concealer stick is good for covering the redness around my nose too. The only negative is that is does tend to slip a little later in the day but not by much. I think it's good value for monet too as I have been using it every day for a month and it hardly looks like I have touched it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Bought this in warm ivory, which was a good match for my nc15 skin, however it is not very moisturizing and emphasized my flakes. This is just an overall ok foundation. the finish isn't that great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by hannahm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The biggest problem I have with this foundation is coverage, I prefer a more medium coverage but this is just too sheer for me, definitely more of a foundation for good skin days! I also find it doesn't last too long and isn't great on my dry skin. Best thing, is colour range I wear 00 alabaster which is one of the best colour matches I've found in a foundation for my very fair skin :) This foundation does give a nice dewy finish but I found that by the end of the day my skin was quite oily which is unheard of on my usual dry skin. I do really love the packaging of this product although it does get quite messy. Overall, wasn't terrible but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by takogirl

It is a very good foundation. More dewy natural looking finish, which i like. I personally do not like matte finish due to i have some dry patch on my skin. I set it with a bit of powder on my T zones and im good for the day

I'm Taiwanese, Sand 2 color is really close to my skin tone
I've brought it in New Zealand! and it cost me $90 but worth it.

If you have many pimples and really oily then i do not recommend this for you.
If you have a few pimples to having nothing then this would suit you. it works really well for combination dry to normal skin.

I think sheer coverage is best with this foundation, putting too much on then it will look cakey and shine a lot. I use a stippling brush with it. its moisturizers, which is good especially its Winter here in NZ.

overall, i've used it for 3 weeks and no breakout.

Its the best natural abit dewy, that actually looks like "Skin" foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this may be my HG. It is very fluid and sheer, but with enough pigment to even me out where I need it. A little goes a long way. Not sticky or drying on the skin. Looks good in sunlight as well. I have found that it is easier and you use less product if you apply it with your fingers instead of a brush.

I originally bought this in Warm Ivory, but it was way too yellow on my fair skin. When I went to exchange it, they actually recommended Sand. The MUA said that even though Sand is one shade up from Warm Ivory it has pinker undertones so is really a fairer shade.

One caveat - I am not sure about how much this oxidizes. After a few hours I feel it can be a bit patchy.

EDIT: Unfortunately found out that I was not color matched to the right shade. I was matched again to the shade Alabaster. Once I was wearing the correct color, I liked the coverage of this a little less and when it was time to repurchase I bought the Bobbi Brown moisture rich foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by emmabeans89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is absolutely holy grail for me, but I think you need a specific skin type to make it work.

I have normal/dry skin and this is one of the only foundations that doesn't obscenely highlight my dry patches in the winter. No, it doesn't moisturise and no it will not hide those patches completely - that is what skin care is for; however, it seems to be one of the few that doesn't gather on these bits. It is a light-medium coverage foundation with a dewy finish.

When I started wearing this I worked in a cosmetics department and often wore just this and concealer - the Lauder lady thought this was my real skin and complimented me several times!
I find it best to apply with a MAC 130 duo fibre brush for an airbrush finish, but a paint-style one will work just as well if you take care over streaks as it is a very thin, watery consistency.

It lasts about 6-7 hours on my skin, but longer with powder (E.L. Double Wear if you're asking) over the top. I'm looking into a primer to wear underneath for nights out as it's very good when flash photography is around and gives a lovely glow in pictures.

It's easy to remove, doesn't clog pores and doesn't dry me out. While it is expensive (29 for 30ml) I will continue to repurchase. For reference, I wear the shade "Beige" and am around an NC25 in MAC.

While this isn't *great* at concealing occasional blemishes, my oily skinned, acne-prone friend wears this as she loves the finish. Incidentally she uses a clean foundation brush to spread it over her face better when the oils break through and likes it as it doesn't irritate her sensitive skin.

Sorry for the lengthy review but I hope it will help other people!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No