October 26, 2014 | 832 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Being extremely pale, I don't have a lot of choice when it comes to foundation. I would normally just use tinted moisturizer instead with a separate concealer. Until now!

Now I wear this over a primer. With the primer I hardly need to use any at all to get a really even skin tone, which makes the price more bearable.

I have an oily T-zone, so other foundations would eventually melt off and transfer to jackets, etc., and this one does not. Where I want more coverage, I either build using the foundation or I use a separate concealer. Even better, I can barely tell that I have it on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I like this!! Strangely enough this runny and thin liquid conceals pores quite well! It's extremely thin, and very very light in coverage...its almost like a tinted daycream... But it leaves a fresh glow/sheen, and conceals pores...

As I get older I've realized that to dry products like my favorite Everyday minerals actually can make lines look even worse...even if I have oily skin!! Yes this is a problem cause my skin is acne prone, but dry on the surface cause of all the treatment...

Now, this color is not completely my perfect match. I have this in a large sample of Sand, 02. BB's products are all very yellow toned, and I'm really pinkish/white...so, I'd like to mix it, but that would be expensive....to buy two bottles. So the color is a problem.

The formula then, is so thin and feels moisturizing, that it slightly slides off my oily skin during a day of work... But this is only cause it is a formula that is not dry/mattifying....(those ones usually stay on, but are more "dry"). So you'll need to powder and blot if you are oily like me!!

Coverage is extremely light, and is not enough if you have acne/scars.

Overall I like this. But ill need to solve the problems above if I should buy two bottles....

UPDATE 20th november 2012:
Started getting large awful cystic breakouts on the areas where I tried this. I haven't had such awful and badly infected acne-breakouts for a while, so I suspect this foundation... I'm not completely sure, cause I also tried out a new moisturizer during these days, the Obagi Nu Derm shield spf 50, but that one is said to be really, really acne-safe.... But as said, right now I have to heal those breakouts and the scars, so ill have to wait with more experimenting with this foundation.... One lippie off, cause I suspect this..... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by princess_jess73

After using this foundation since it came out, I am finally going to write a review but am also going to tell you how I use it. At first, when it came out I initially used it for a wee, and returned it as it slid off my face and did not last even with a primer and powder. So, I had the opportunity to swap for two colors to mix and I got better results. I used both sand and warm ivory and it really made my skin look glowy and beautiful blurred and just like better skin but still it did not last and I decided to try MAC prolongwear. This by itself too was not perfect but one day I got the bright idea to 50/50 these and TaDa, HG! I had perfect looking skin with long lasting coverage for my oily, combo skin. I keep going back to this and on some days even on it's own. It is pricey but does last esp if you do the way I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sandiego525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this product is great if you already have nice skin. This is a daytime light foundation. Like the consistency and color but it makes my skin oily still. It also doesn't photograph that great. I probably won't repurchase after I use the bottle up. Good foundation but just not great for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in shades 4.5 (Warm Natural) and 5 (Honey). I use shade 4.5 with the Golden Orange loose powder and shade 5 with the Warm Natural loose powder. I have been using this foundation for almost three years now. Although I have used many other types of foundation during that period, I find myself returning to this. I apply it using either the Bobbi Brown foundation brush or the Sigma F82 kabuki brush. Occasionally, I use the Beauty Blender and the Sheseido foundation brush with it. It is medium coverage so when I have blemishes, they do show up without the use of concealer. As far as the texture is concerned, it is neither runny nor thick. It spreads out on the face, whether I am using a brush or sponge, quite well. I do find that it disappears from my face after a few hours so I would not call it long lasting. The bottle comes with a pump so I can control the amount of foundation I want with little wastage. This foundation is not cheap. It retails in Singapore for about $70. However, it does last for a relatively long period. Of course, this depends on how much one uses in the first place. As a gauge, I use one pump every weekday. It has been a year since I bought the bottles. I'm left with a quarter of shade 5 and three-quarters of shade 4.5. This foundation is not perfection but it has been my best match so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swapped to this after I got a bit bored of my Lancome Teint Miracle, and I love it-the Porcelain shade 0 is the one of the very few that doesn't leave me with the dreaded face vs neck mark (I'm very pale and I don't use tanner).
The only thing I would say is that a primer is ESSENTIAL with this foundation if you don't want a chalky finish, otherwise I the only thing I can fault is the rather steep price. You also don't need alot of product; a little of this applied with a brush goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by littlecagedbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was matched to a 3.5 and it was perfect for my asian skin. It has a nice yellow undertone. I've been struggling to find an equal match in other foundations :(. It also doesn't cause breakouts, which I liked.

However, that's all that the product had going for it. After seeing photos, I noticed how oily my skin looked. I suppose it's suppose to give a dewy effect, but it made my skin look oil slick! Behind all the oiliness, it did make my skin look great. At the end of the day, it felt like most of it fell off of my face so I stopped using it.

Would only recommend it for those with dry or normal skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this after I returned the BB Long Wear Foundation. This feels sooooo much lighter on my skin and actually makes my aging, oily skin glow and seem smoother. I will edit later to see how long it lasts throughout the day. I topped it with BB's sheer finish pressed powder. SO far it looks very natural and almost flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally went to Nordstromís for the BB Stick Foundation and was not too impressed but I requested the Skin Foundation to sample. I applied it with used my regular concealer on dark spots then walked around and did other stuff without thinking too much about it. A few minutes later, I looked at myself in the mirror and knew it (the Skin Foundation) was a HIT and has now become my HG foundation. This stuff really gives you the look of airbrushed, perfect skin. My pores seemed to disappear, but they were not too bothersome in the first place. I only have to use 1 blotting paper during my entire 8 hour work shift. I exchanged the stick foundation and got the Skin Foundation instead and am very happy with it. Itís light-medium buildable coverage and lets your skin shine through. You may need a separate concealer if you have extremely dark spots to cover. The first day I wore it, I got compliments about having a beautiful complexion from a total stranger. I like that versus when someone says they really like your makeupÖto me that means, I have on too much or something about it isnít working.

So, I would definitely give BB a try! There are so many foundation formulas that you are sure to find one to suit you. Know your skin type, ask the MA questions and donít be afraid to request for a sample. But budget-wise, the liquid foundations seem to be a better bang for your buck! I love this and will repurchase when it runs out. I use 2 pumps a day so I can see this lasting 3 months or so and is definitely worth the investment. But Iím looking forward to trying the Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, creamy concealer, corrector and a few other things. Iím definitely a Bobbi Brown fan from now on!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by rmt2104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really REALLY wanted to like this, because the color match was really good for PPP me. Both alabaster (00) and porcelain (0) seemed to work for me. Which is pretty crazy considering I have such a hard time finding even one color in a foundation line that is light enough for me. Unfortunately, the coverage was practically non-existent, which pretty much defeats the purpose of this for me. If I had perfect skin, I wouldn't need a foundation in the first place. Also, this seemed to sink into my pores in a way that accentuated them. Not good. I ended up returning this.