September 1, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rookiemk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not really seeing the blue toned red everyone is talking about regarding this lippie. Really Red pulls a little orange on my skin tone (NW47). Although, it's not a blue toned red, I love the formula of the lipstick....really light and glides on the lips smooth with no funky lipstick smell. Oh, and, it's not drying either. I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Happyglow

amazing go buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by akmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect, affordable, matte red. Make sure you buff your lips with a toothbrush first so you don't get flakies. It often goes on sale, so get it while it's cheap. This is very similar in colour to my NYC Retro Red which has a creamy as opposed to matte finish. I love both, but the packaging on this guy is way classier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

My absolute favorite red lipstick! Really Red is THE definition of the bright, classic, pin-up girl red. It looks brighter and more noticeable than most DS red lipsticks I've tried. The matte finish really gives it that retro punch, and it's surprisingly not (as) drying like other matte lipsticks. I would apply this carefully, preferably with a lipliner (to get the edges perfect) although you can get away with applying straight from the bullet if you have a steady hand. The color does stain my lips a little afterwards.

I'm an NC25 Asian and this red is EXTREMELY flattering on me, although I think it's actually flattering on everyone. Every time I wear it, I get questions about what lipstick it is, and everyone is usually surprise to find that it's a $6, classic Revlon one that gets overlooked at the supermarkets. One of my friends and my dance instructor both ran out to buy this exact lipstick after I wore it for a performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by themauveavenger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG red lipstick! It is a timeless shade of red that instantly perks up any outfit. Even when I'm wearing a sweatshirt, this stuff makes me feel put together.

It is very long-lasting for a regular lipstick. It does rub off a bit during meals, but it wears off evenly (no ring-around-the-lips affect), so I can get away with not reapplying if I'm in a hurry after lunch. I like that the formula is matte because cream-style lipsticks never work for me; they always melt into a visible gooey residue on the edges of my lips. I have tried Revlon's other matte shades, and their formulas do not wear as beautifully as Really Red.

This lipstick is a great value for the price. People have asked me if I'm wearing MAC when I use this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by butterflyashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This red is great for everyday wear; it stays very comfortably on my lips and doesn't fade much through eating and drinking. The formula is on the drier side but wearing a good lip balm before applying really helps. When I saw this red I thought it would be too orange for my skin tone but it ended up brightening my face without being too in-your-face (maybe because of the matte finish). The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that it's hard to find! I don't remember how many drugstores I wandered around before finding this but it was well worth the search.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by sugarcheri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great shade of red for me-- they are almost always too orange, I'm not sure why, but I love this. I would probably caution people to use a lipbrush because it is a VERY bold red, and mistakes will show up.

This is a really killer lipstick for the "Mad Men" look that is taking the beauty world by storm. Buy it, indulge your inner glamazon!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

My worst problem with this product was finding one! I tried two CVS stores that don't carry this color in their Revlon section & I had to go to two Rite Aids before I found only one left but was happy to scoop it up.

I am a MAC Viva Glam girl but was noticing that it is a little darker than I would like for Spring/Summer so I thought I would try a brighter red & Revlon mastered reds years ago so why not give them a try? The problem with Revlon's normal SuperLusterous reds is the formulation. It is too slick & always ends up looking too glossy & clownish on me, unless you blot the heck out of them & who wants to do that every time you reapply? So finding a matte Revlon red was perfect.

The color is a true bright, 1950s movie star red & I love it. Better still is the fact that the color in the tube is what you get on your lips. Usually reds change on me & end up looking too pink or orange but this color is exactly as it should be.

The matte aspect is great, although some may need to use it with a lip balm underneath but it holds up well either way & I am very pleased with it. My new everyday red!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Revlon does a great red. Although this formula is matte, it is not drying or thick-feeling as some other matte lipsticks tend to be. This color suits my fair skin very well, a very vibrant, true, crayon-box red. Snow White would have worn this color, it's the color of poison berries and movie blood. It shocks me that women wore this color in the 50s, it's so unabashedly sexy. I bought it for a halloween costume but I got so many compliments that I kept it around with my regular makeup. I think the contrast makes my eyes look really blue.

I love that the color is build-able. For real life, I apply this with a very light hand (more like a stain) or apply and blot. For night or dress-up, you can't beat the fun drama of this red applied full strength. I'm not much of a red lipstick girl, but I've never had a true red I liked better including designer brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by amanda33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wow. I am really fair-skinned and it is hard to find a red lipstick without looking too vampy or making me look like some weird red lipped ghost but I love this shade. I think that it will look great on other skin tones as well because it is a true red and it not too orange or too blue. I originally bought it for a costume, but I was also buying it for general use as well. It is matte and a truly beautiful shade of red. I strongly recommend! It is indeed really red and beautiful!