October 31, 2014 | 1084 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by darkenedxstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I saw it on a magazine ad and it seemed like it'd fit me. So I went and purchased it. I already read the reviews and like everyone has mentioned before. I still have to use cover up in order to hide any pimples and blemishes. However, it definetly does cover most of the redness around my face. The brush that the powder comes with is what I use. It's not the best brush but it's small and compact which is the reason why I like it. The bristles on the brush however aren't soft so if you want, toss it out and use a better brush. Overall, the product works but it's not a miracle product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

I saw the ad for this and got really excited- i have crap skin- it's cursed with acne to the point i see a dermatologist, i have an oily t-zone but dry skin everywhere else. when i bend down to pick something up, my face flushes! so i tried this only because it was accidentally on sale (mistake in an ad) and i had a gift card. it does do the job.. somewhat. it definitely tones down the redness and it makes it more pinkish. i don't know if i'm not putting enough, but after a long day at work sweating it out in retail, my face ends up flushed again. so it works for a little, then it doesn't. but that's how my skin is with any foundation/concealer etc. probably won't buy again unless i get the same good deal as i did before (extremely unlikely). i find that everyday minerals' mint concealer works about the same level, and it only costs about $5.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I am a big fan of this powder. It really helps the redness on my cheeks and nose. I used to wear foundation to cover it, but now I can get away with some concealer where I need it and this powder for the redness and to set the concealer. As a sheer yellow powder it's similar to Benefit's Bluff Dust and Get Even compact, but I found those products clogged my pores a bit. I'm hoping Clinique's powder will be a bit friendlier - I think it's oil free at least. The price is pretty steep - about $40 Canadian- but you get a giant tub that will last forever, and a little brush. So far so good... I'll update if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice loose powder to dust on over makeup if you have extra redness to your skin. I have quite a few residual acne scars left from a few bad breakouts, and this helps cover them lightly (more so than with concealer and foundation alone). I don't think you could use it alone, though, as it seems to do nearly nothing on my bare skin. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out (so far, at least). I got this in a swap, so I don't know if I would actually purchase it for the price it sells at.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I got a sample of this in my magazine so I tried it for a few days. I don't have a lot of redness in my skin but I want to cover it a bit. I don't think this did anything. The color is odd it didn't really cover my redness or felt cooling to me. In fact it seems cakey but if I don't apply a lot of it nothing happens. I'm glad I tried a sample out first so far I agree with previous reviewers. This products does nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by fozzie

I live in the UK and was very excited to read about this product in a US magazine sold over here. A friend was going on holiday to California so I asked her to pick some up for me if she happened to see some. This weekend I tried this powder for the first time. By the end of the day my skin felt like it was on fire and felt 'hard' to the touch. On removing my make-up that evening (all Clinique) I found my face was red and lumpy and the hardness was actual scabs that had crusted to form large patches! The reaction had also extended down my neck and behind my ears. To say I am disappointed is an understatement as this product is specified for red and angry skin and it made it ten times worse. Added to this is the fact I cannot return it unless I fly to the US, I would urge anyone thinking about using this to get a sample or have some applied at the counter and wear it for a whole day before purchasing.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupholism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally believed what the ad for this product said, and since I am a Clinique fan, I trusted the brand with this product. For me is just another powder. It doesn't do anything. My broken capilaries are still quite visible after I apply this product. So no, I'm not buying again. I still use other Redness Solutions products and they work OK, but this product did not meet my expectations.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My review is based on the ingredients. This is labeled as a "mineral powder" yet I don' t see a lot of "good' minerals in here. I do see undesireable minerals such as Bismuth O. that can cause itchiness and is a problem for many. Bismuth gives a glow and is some foundations such as Bare Essentials (AKA BE)foundation powder. Near the bottom is iron oxides that give colour. The yellow DOES diffuse the redness for many (ingredient is yellow lake dye) but you can a higher quality TRUE mineral product from a company that specializes in minerals for a lot less $$ and MUCH MUCH better quality. I wear mineral makeup including foundation daily and have been for the last four years.
From an email from Clinique listing the ingredients.

Redness Solutions Powder

ingredients: polyethylene [] hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer [] citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract [] magnolia grandiflora bark extract [] bentonite [] poria cocos sclerotium extract [] astrocaryum murumuru seed butter [] caffeine [] isopropyl palmitate [] lecithin [] magnesium myristate [] squalane [] lauroyl lysine [] tocopheryl acetate [] silica [] tetrasodium edta [] chlorphenesin [] potassium sorbate [] [+/- mica [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]
continued >>

10 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by curlygurl

This didnt really do anything to calm my red irritated skin at all. I tried it at Macys, and I was very hot- so my skin was hot and red- but it made no difference. It didnt settle into fine lines though! It matched my NC25 skin well too, although it made a little pale, but good for skin NC25 or lighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by AshleeEileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must be a glutton for punishment. This is just another Clinque product that has spiraled my skin out of control, just a few days after I've gotten back into normal condition. My last fiasco was from the Clinique moisturizer, and now this has burned my skin. Yes burned! I have super scaly painful red patches on my cheeks! Not impressed. I'm going to my derm tomorrow to see if he can do anything about this mess I've gotten myself into again. Stay the hell away from clinque if your skin is ultra sensitive and fair, like mine.